PDA

View Full Version : Superlink@Technion

NeoGen
06-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Superlink@Technion helps geneticists all over the world find disease-provoking genes causing some types of diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), cancer, schizophrenia and many others.

http://cbl-link02.cs.technion.ac.il/superlinkattechnion/

Account Creation: Open!

Team created:
http://cbl-link02.cs.technion.ac.il/superlinkattechnion/team_display.php?teamid=21

Let's get on it! :)

gamer007
06-19-2007, 03:14 AM
And another project to join. :icon_razz:

EDIT: Holy crap, taking over 400MB of RAM! Not really called for in a project...

Nflight
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
First work unit will take 702 years to complete. Holy Smoke Bat Man! ( Don't worry I used a calculator to figure that out) :o(
Seems the first WU has a glitch it will not go past the 4 minute mark, then recycles it self back to .01 second and starts again. Could this be normal for such a large work unit?

Bender10
06-19-2007, 12:38 PM
My Page File is running at 1.3 gig.......wow

NeoGen
06-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Guess every new project has its quirks... :icon_rolleyes:

But so far I got credit for the workunits I did.

I did notice boinc stopping and hogging the cpu for bits of time every now and then, and the project said it was "Waiting for memory"...

NeoGen
06-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Vaughan... just saw you on the project. The team is at your command now. :)

Could you just add the banner please? I don't have the html code snippet anymore... tried making up but it didn't work out.

EDIT: This is funny, after changing it I checked the email and saw your change request from the project. :lol:

Lagu
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I just notised all as have joined have hidden their computers. Is it or new policy?:icon_confused:

If I want to hide my computers how will I do that:)

NeoGen
06-20-2007, 12:53 AM
I didn't do anything to hide mine... does my machine show up as hidden?

If it does, then it must be a specific project policy.

vaughan
06-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Vaughan... just saw you on the project. The team is at your command now. :)Thank you.

Could you just add the banner please? I don't have the html code snippet anymore... tried making up but it didn't work out.

EDIT: This is funny, after changing it I checked the email and saw your change request from the project. :lol:
I can add the banner but I need Empty_5oul to modify it so its not the "Pi Segment" one. Does anybody have a way of contacting him with regards to this?

vaughan
06-20-2007, 01:06 AM
I just notised all as have joined have hidden their computers. Is it or new policy?:icon_confused:

If I want to hide my computers how will I do that:)
In the project's web page go to the Your Account section and log in. Within that area you will see an option to Edit your preferences for General and for the Project. Go in the Project preferences and select the appropriate radio button as to your choice. Save the changes and back in BOINC Manager perform an Update on the Commands tab for the Project you updated.

AMDave
06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
...I can add the banner but I need Empty_5oul to modify it so its not the "Pi Segment" one. Does anybody have a way of contacting him with regards to this?

vaughan
we have several others you can point to:
ORIGINAL
http://stats.amdusers.com/amdu_original.gif
SPRING CONTEST
http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/contest/amdu.gif

plus a couple in Empty_5oul's repertoire (folder)

The "original" should suit best as it is in the stats folder.
I think we should track down the others and "pool" them in the stats/images folder to avoid this problem in future.

Lagu
06-20-2007, 08:59 PM
In the project's web page go to the Your Account section and log in. Within that area you will see an option to Edit your preferences for General and for the Project. Go in the Project preferences and select the appropriate radio button as to your choice. Save the changes and back in BOINC Manager perform an Update on the Commands tab for the Project you updated.

Thanks Vaughan!:)

Nflight
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Suddenly there is activity here in this project. If anyone was curious? :blob3: