PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Equinox
08-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Hi there

You may have noticed a new name (Thomas Pritchard) in the Lifemapper stats? That would be me.

I have been a long time DCer working a bit on Seti under Team 3DNow! and a whole lot on the various distributed.net projects under Team AMD Zone.

I felt it was time for a change and decided I would give this Lifemapper project a go and I was naturally attracted to your team due to my obsession with AMD processors.

As for my personal little tidbits, I am 34 residing in the panhandle of Florida and work for a government contractor as an inspector.

Anyhow, I hope to become an active and welcomed contributer to your little community.

gamer007
08-05-2004, 01:59 AM
Hello Equinox. Glad you joined us. :D

Keith75
08-05-2004, 02:00 AM
Glad to have you on board. It is a shame that there are several AMD teams on the various projects. If we all pooled our machines into one team we could make an impressive increase in our stats.

WienerDog
08-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Welcome Equinox :lol:

Equinox
08-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Keith, that is so very true. Problem is most projects don't allow old stats to move to new groups.

I know Team 3DNow! has pretty much been defunct for years now and Team AMD Zone is not very active anymore. Trying to pool with either of them would be wasted effort.

For any of you who may have heard of a DC project called Dcypher that came a went a few years back... that project was put together and operated by several of the Team 3DNow! members.

vaughan
08-05-2004, 02:41 AM
Firstly, welcome aboard.
I have vague recollections of Dcypher. Was that project looking at nuclear decay or am I confusing it with something else? I ran it on my state-of-the art P100 back then!

Equinox
08-05-2004, 02:54 AM
That would be it Vaughan.

They were going to merge their DC company with another new one still under development called ProcessTree. ProcessTree was going to operate a platform that would pay out users and seeing as how they were the bigger dog of the two Dcypher was going to let them run that business model while they developed the software. To make a long story short, it never worked out and both companies went bust. You can still see information about both of them at aspenleaf.com under past projects.

Just trivial stuff. :)

Beerknurd
08-05-2004, 03:19 AM
Welcome Equinox :lol:

Ditto... :D Welcome!!!!!

BC
08-05-2004, 05:16 AM
And a hearty welcome from sunny Southern Cal!

Chuck

Beerknurd
08-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Chuck you need to come back to Texas and quit wasting your time in California..... ;)

BC
08-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Chuck you need to come back to Texas and quit wasting your time in California..... ;)

*EDIT*
Sorry Equinox: This was off topic... This is your thread
*END EDIT*

Beerk,
I am waiting for 3 things:

1) the brace for my neck and spine to be fitted so I can make the trip.
....I have a temp brace now (shoulders to pelvis) but not the proper one.

2) my Dr collecting the recommendations and writing the order.
....almost done... Mom checked on Monday. He is reviewing it and
....making sure it is complete and unrefutable.

3) My driver to bring the car and me back. (he is ready to fly out)

that's all... and it's down to single days now.... Aug 10th looks like the last day in cali.... I will know my departure any time now... it will come across my fax with all the orders.

After that... it's surgery at Johns Hopkins to fix what can be fixed.

Chuck

em99010pepe
08-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Welcome Equinox.

Ototero
08-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Hi Equinox,

Good to see you here, we like chatter boxes, don't we Chuck?

Can you give us the lowdown on your hardware?

Stuart

BC
08-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi Equinox,

Stuart

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr!!!!!!

LOL

Ototero
08-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Wow, a short answer, but I don't understand, can you expand please :lol: :lol:

BC
08-05-2004, 08:21 AM

why? I'm in 'Stu' mode. :lol:

em99010pepe
08-05-2004, 10:10 AM

I can answer that. Here goes:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Ototero
08-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Very funny you guys, you all kill me.

Or should that be "yall kill me" said in Texan drawl, but not you Carlos. :roll:

BC
08-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Very funny you guys, you all kill me.

Or should that be "yall kill me" said in Texan drawl, but not you Carlos. :roll:

now now... if ya' gonna get it... get it right......

it's Y'all

and it's a truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

LOL:

PS:::: I LOST ALL MY D2OL WORK SINCE 9PM>>>>>>> GRRRRRRRRRR

Ototero
08-05-2004, 12:11 PM
What happened GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (is that your new name :roll: )

BC
08-05-2004, 12:18 PM
What happened GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (is that your new name :roll: )

No, but if D2OL doesn't let me start merging nodes -OR- let me correct stuff -OR- D2OL doesn't include the config files as critical for system restore ....... IT WILL BE MY NEW NAME!!!!!!!

Damn thing... looks like I have 11 nodes now... and Java is alll @$%#$'d up..

And to think I didn't back up the G drive...... d'mn d'mn d'mn... (daaaaats texxxaaaan!)

I just hope I make my 240 / day....

it was so bad, I had to reset bios too.... now I have to figure out memory all over again.

ROFL

time to get sleep I guess.... and start looking for a SERIOUS tape backup unit.... one that can get the WHOLE machine.. all 800 G of it.

Equinox
08-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi Equinox,

Stuart

Three computers here at the old homestead. I don't remember all the AMD numerical ratings but what I have is my system at 2GHz, my wife's at 1.5GHz, and the kids computer at 1GHz. All home built and on a rotational upgrade.

Thanks for the wonderful welcome from everyone! :)

On another note... I just got home to find Lifemapper all messed up. I know most of the development team there is on vacation so I think I am going to have to find something else to run until LM is operational. Have already tried to set up a Chessbrain account but get that error a few others complained about and have not been able to get past that. From here I guess I will look into D2OL since the group seems to be heavily active in that.

jlangner
08-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Welcome!!