PDA

View Full Version : APS now public

gatekeeper53
07-04-2007, 09:51 PM
James has lifted the 5 wu a day limit and taken the project public. I find this to be a very easy project to run. It rrequires almost no babysitting and James is ALWAYS ready to help with any problem you might run into. Sunday the account creation will be open and if your not already signed up you can do so then.

The WU limit has increased from 5 per day to 500 per day (fat chance). Glad you like it!

If you are interested in running this the url is: http:www.apsathome.org (http://www.aps@home.org)

We are #1 there for the time being.

Bender10
07-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Here, Try this link...

http://www.apsathome.org/

:dontknow: I think it changed mid-way through testing...

PoorBoy
07-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I think your a bit Premature on the Going Public Gatekeeper, and the 500 Wu's Per day too. I checked my PC's & they still show 5 Per day Per Core ... I don't think until the weekend or after ... :)

July 4, 2007 Server load test on Friday
The server back end components are now finished. We'll be conducting a load test on Friday 6th July - see number crunching message board for details. If there aren't too many problems with the load test, we'll be going public some time over the weekend. Thanks everyone for all of your help over the last couple of months.

The server status page has been updated so that you can see the server performance on an hourly basis during the test. Hopefully we'll be breaking some project records. By the way, happy Independence day to our American testers!

Bender10
07-05-2007, 12:04 AM
What did I do??

Nflight
07-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Poorboy meant Gatekeeper53 not Bender10, At least I think so. Relax Bender10 it was a mistake of who's who! You didn't do it this time... but non of us are perfect either...

PoorBoy
07-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Poorboy meant Gatekeeper53 not Bender10, At least I think so. Relax Bender10 it was a mistake of who's who! You didn't do it this time... but non of us are perfect either...

Right, my BooBoo ... :icon_redface: ... I meant Gatekeeper ... :)

gatekeeper53
07-05-2007, 02:07 AM
My 4800 has been turning out wu's all day and 5 just don't take that long.

PoorBoy
07-05-2007, 03:16 AM
My 4800 has been turning out wu's all day and 5 just don't take that long.

Maybe he did lift the 5 Limit, I don't know, well anyway hold down the fort, I've still got 2-3 days to run out the Simap Wu's I've still got left before I can get back over there.

gatekeeper53
07-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Now that's funny!!!!! I think you have the "fort held down" still from your last visit. lol

PoorBoy
07-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Now that's funny!!!!! I think you have the "fort held down" still from your last visit. lol

Well you can always Mop up the mess I left behind ... :icon_lol: ... :icon_wink:

gatekeeper53
07-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Account creation is now open to all and they are running a server load test. Now's the time to blow a server up. http://www.apsathome.org

Nflight
07-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I am in and crunching a few then I will return to dominate BURP till I hit 20,000. Then I will return to this project of science.

PoorBoy
07-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I've managed to get the Simap Wu's I had down far enough on a few Pc's to be able to start running a little again. I'll move more Cores back over as I'm able to ... :)

gatekeeper53
07-06-2007, 07:57 PM
From what I've heard this project is going to be like Simap, in that the wu's will be spotty when he goes to the real processing. After all you have to remember that James is the entire project staff. The reason I run it is that I admire his gall. He starts and runs a Boinc project all by himself and runs it off a Dell desktop. I just can't help myself with someone with that kind of attitude.

Bender10
07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
That, and dealing with all us smucks complaining about stuff being hosed up...And he still has a great attitude. Great guy to work with!

AMDave
07-07-2007, 02:26 AM
I've added it to 5 cores.

@ Bender10 - Your Latin is killing me :icon_lol::icon_mrgreen::icon_lol:

B Johansson
07-07-2007, 07:10 AM
I,m in allways fun with a new project.

PoorBoy
07-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Here's an Update on the Status of the APS Project & why it's been down: James Dorsey wrote this in the BoincStats forum ...

Quote: Hi again all,

The server is still down, and I'm now not sure when it's up. Our department has started moving into new buildings, so there's nobody about to gain physical access to the server and router. At this point, I can't promise that the system will be back up before I return from Germany on Monday the 30th of July. If you want to detach the project until then to avoid the error messages, I understand. I'll post again when the server is up.

It is still possible that someone may be able to get in to power cycle the system, but it's beyond my control. I'm sorry about this, and I hope you all understand...

Please could you distribute this to your team colleagues? It's not very good news, but there's still a glimmer of hope that it'll be fixed this week.