PDA

View Full Version : Cosmology (Now New & Improved)

PoorBoy
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
It looks like Scott @ the Cosmology Project has got things straightened out now. The Windows Wu's run just as fast as the Linux Wu's with the new v1.20 Application. On my Quads the times have improved by at least 50% or more.

The Validation issue where when 1 Windows & Linux where paired together 1 wouldn't get Credit seems to be working much better now too. I've had no 0 Credit Wu's since yesterday even when paired with a Linux Host ... :)

AMDave
07-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the update PoorBoy.
I'm glad that seems to be resolved.
I'll bring my hobby pharm back over there after the weekend.

PoorBoy
07-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I ripped into Scott a little yesterday, I flat out told him I didn't know why anybody running Windows would even want to run his Project with the huge difference in run times between the Linux & Windows OS's.

About an hour later he came out with the v1.20 & it improved things considerably for the Windows Hosts ... Sometimes these project Dev's need a little negative prodding to get them to do something constructive ... :icon_wink:

PoorBoy
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I may have spoke to soon, it seems people are starting to report a lot of Invalid and 0 Credit Wu's this morning, I was just going by my Results turned in so I guess theres still some issues for some people. I guess I better keep an eye on what I'm turning in too, and see if anything starts happening to the Wu's I turn in ...

vaughan
07-13-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm getting plenty of tasks to download, not sure about any points for them yet.

PoorBoy
07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm getting plenty of tasks to download, not sure about any points for them yet.

I've Downloaded over 8000 Wu's in less than 2 Day's & have received Credit for every one of them so far. I think it's just a small core of people that are still having problems with Validation and it may have nothing to do with the Application but with their Computers instead.

I figure if I can run that many Wu's without an Invalid 1 then the Application must be OK ... :)

PoorBoy
07-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Scott Posted this on the Main Page today, I haven't seen any more Bad ones since he Posted it ... :)

July 23, 2007 Faulty WUs Now Finished, No More Aborts
All of the faulty WUs from the weekend should be gone now, so please do not abort any more WUs with the intention of not crunching bad results.

PoorBoy
07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Anybody that wants the Link & Invite Code to the Cosmology Project PM me & I'll give it to you. Scott said it was all right to give it out for now but I don't know how long that will last ...

vaughan
07-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Yes please.

I thought I had it but don't know where its gone.