PDA

View Full Version : Team Prime Rib Stats working again

vaughan
08-07-2004, 07:04 AM
http://marcc.no-ip.org/sob/Teamstats.php

em99010pepe
08-07-2004, 07:52 AM
You lost your second place to jlangner. What are you going to do?

vaughan
08-07-2004, 09:22 AM
secret

Beerknurd
08-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I tried running SOB but I didn't care for it..... You can tell that by my stats....

Pathetic LOL (http://marcc.no-ip.org/sob/User.php?User_ID=7239)

chaz
08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Your P4 should clear 1,000Mcems/hr easily if you run 2 clients and have HT turned on

Beerknurd
08-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Is that good???

I am running D2OL now... I may try SOB later.....

chaz
08-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah it's good for a single machine, SOB loves da FSB.

chaz
08-07-2004, 07:25 PM
secret

Hey now.....

Beerknurd
08-07-2004, 08:15 PM
secret's secret's are no fun. secret's secret's hurt someone!!!!!

vaughan
08-07-2004, 11:41 PM
OK then ... I'll 'fess up ... I'm running a P166mmx and a VERY part-time (when my Mum turns her notebook on, which is about once a week) Athlon XP2400 on SOB.

Beerknurd
08-08-2004, 02:44 AM
I take over my parents computer when I go visit..... They have no idea what it is. But they are like "whatever" LOL

Ototero
08-08-2004, 10:24 AM
I've signed up to SoB. Don't worry I've joined the RIGHT team.

When the app starts I get :

"couldn't get block from server [can't connect]"

Is this normal? I did give it permission to go thru the firewall.

Stuart
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

*EDIT* Don't worry, it's started now :) *End EDIT*

Beerknurd
08-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I am still undecided on SOB..... Can you run SOB offline???????

em99010pepe
08-08-2004, 08:22 PM
I am still undecided on SOB..... Can you run SOB offline???????

Read this:

Q:
Can I 'sneaker-net' with the Seventeen or Bust client?

A:
The Seventeen or Bust client currently lacks the ability to allow 'sneaker-netting.' You can manually move assigned exponents from one computer to another, but it is a difficult and time consuming process. For all intents and purposes, 'sneaker-netting' is not feasible with the Seventeen or Bust client. This will hopefully change in future versions of the client.

Q:
I know that 'sneaker-netting' is not supported and is difficult, but if I want to attempt it anyways, what should I do?

A:
You can move move a number from one computer to the other by copying registry keys and other files (Windows) or by copying the cache and zXXXX files (Linux). Some more information on this process is provided below:

"People have been asking me about sneaker netting. it could be done in theory right now. linux and windows use slightly different caching methods.

w/ linux you can copy files directly. the "cache" file and the "zXXXXXXX" file can be moved from an online computer and put on another computer for processing. they will easily fit on a disk and all you have to do is copy the two files back to a directory with the sb binary in it on an online computer and run the file to have it upload results. if someone writes a script to help do this process, i'll post it on the website.

w/ windows you would have to copy the reg keys around with the "zXXXXXXX" file. in fact, you only really need to copy the reg keys to another computer to transfer it to the offline computer. when the block was done, it would need to be have the "zXXXXXXX" file copied back into the install directory of SB and then have the reg keys restored on the original PC before running the client to submit the work."

(quote Louie)

Similarly, if you have the "zXXXXXXX" file for a partially completed, recently-abandoned work unit, you can recover that partially-completed work unit by reviewing sb.log for the k/n pair then manually editing the registry.

Source (http://teamprimerib.com/sob/faq.php#Q20)

Ototero
08-08-2004, 09:33 PM
What is sneaker-netting?