PDA

View Full Version : AD-Aware Free

Lagu
08-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Have anyone discovered the new AD-Aware SE Personal spy ware software as have changed name to AD-aware Free? I have and downloaded it because the old one not uses to hang on my AMD64. When I first started it a pop-up window appeared where I should type in a registration number but ignore this because you not need it. The software is free and it has a nice layout totally different against the old one. You can change skin from blue to reed.

The tab "Status" (Update status) where you first of all shall click on update for receive the newest Update manager before you change any settings.
Under “Scan” you can chose between smart, full or custom scan. There is also a scheduler as give you a possibility choose how often you want it will scan your computer.
“Ad-Watch” demand the Pro-version. In the field “WEB-update” you can click on update for the most resent definitions-files. Tools & Plug-ins demand Pro-version. Click on “TrackSweep” and choose your Web reader. Last tab "Settings" contains oif 4 edges as you can click on and activate and deactivate some functions.

I test ran it using full scan and noticed it took much recourses. When I ran smart scan it use 1-50 % on the Intel C2D and on AMD64 1-36 %.

If you want it the link is: www.lavasoft.com (http://www.lavasoft.com/)

drezha
08-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I just updated today after I saw my brother using the latest one.