PDA

View Full Version : best cpu?

Frederic Brillouet
08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
guys, do you know whats the best cpu for d2ol at the moment? does it favour amd or intel?

LeBo
08-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I am an AMD person myself but I believe Intel has an edge right now on speedy processors (Duo and quad core). IMHO..:icon_redface:

PoorBoy
08-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I am an AMD person myself but I believe Intel has an edge right now on speedy processors (Duo and quad core). IMHO..:icon_redface:

I have to agree, and thats not a knock on the AMD's either it's just fact. I've always been a Intel Person as if I had to tell you guys, why I have no reason for other than thats what I started out with & thats what I stayed with. Even during the lean years when AMD was kicking Intel's butt in performance I stayed with the Intel's and never rapped AMD once, it's just not my style I guess.

But now Intel's kicking butt, for how long is anybodies guess whether it be wannabe Quad's or the Core 2 Duo. Their fast, cheap, and they overclock like crazy with minimal muss and fuss. Right now AMD is doing a lot of promising as far as I can see but they haven't delivered the goods yet. Once they deliver and if the performance is good or better than the Intel's I might even break down and get one myself ... :)

Lagu
08-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Yes, Intel is for D2OL no doubt about it:)

drezha
08-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd be different and say AMD because I like the company better :p

Mind I've not always been in it for the performance. You can get some crazy AMD bargains at the minute as they try and stay ahead of Intel in sales and pricing race (of which they're losing the first one really)

I'd go for an AMD AM2 Opteron if I had the spare cash. As I don't I've recently bought myself a Skt 939 3800+

Frederic Brillouet
08-03-2007, 10:10 PM
allright, i'm gonna hold out just a bit more, till early september or so. and if amd hasnt shown some serious nut-cracking performance of the barcelona, i'll order 2 quads. sucky at dpad, but d2ol could benefit from a push as well :)