PDA

View Full Version : 1,000,000 @ Cosmo ... !!!

PoorBoy
08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
A Big Thanks goes out to everybody that helped push the Team over the 1,000,000 Mark > http://cosmos.astro.uiuc.edu/cosmohome/team_display.php?teamid=19&sort_by=total_credit&offset=0 @ the Cosmo Project. If we keep up the pressure on the French Fry's who knows, we may be able to get 1'st place in due time ... :)

Nflight
08-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I just started at cosmology but the work units are carefree, and easy on the system. Plus ample points system makes this a place I will stay for awhile. Come join us! :blob3:

LeBo
08-07-2007, 11:29 AM
WTG team mates. Let's keep the WUs rolling. Very good running project, no issues yet....:)

Frederic Brillouet
08-07-2007, 04:40 PM
lets blow those french farts back to the stone age heheh

vaughan
08-08-2007, 01:05 AM
WTF!

No sooner do I switch the pharm from RieselSieve to Cosmology than
I get the message :
No work sent (there was work but it was committed to other platforms)

Bah humbug. :icon_twisted:

The server status shows >23000 tasks waiting to be sent. Looks like the 'nix boys will have plenty to crunch. :icon_wink:

PoorBoy
08-08-2007, 01:55 AM
WTF!

No sooner do I switch the pharm from RieselSieve to Cosmology than
I get the message :
No work sent (there was work but it was committed to other platforms)

Bah humbug. :icon_twisted:

The server status shows >23000 tasks waiting to be sent. Looks like the 'nix boys will have plenty to crunch. :icon_wink:

Tell me about it, I'm starting to lose interest in this project anyway. Scott refuses to increase the Amount of Wu's you can have at one time so every time this happens I have to look for something else to crunch.

I thought I would crunch some QMC but that was a total disaster. I attached all my PC's to the project and just started kicking out 1 error after another, half my PC's rebooted themselves and I lost some of the Cosmo Wu's I did have to Computation errors too. The QMC Wu's would run about 10-15 seconds and error out with the Maximum CPU Time exceeded error ... WTF ... :icon_lol:

Everythings back to normal now that I detached QMC and went thru the Slots to get rid of the junk QMC left behind when I detached. I can last 3 or 4 hours yet on Cosmo Wu's but then I'm dry ... :icon_rolleyes:

LeBo
08-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Yep, I'm running very low on WUs also. Scott needs to get off the pot :icon_mrgreen:

Frederic Brillouet
08-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Tell me about it, I'm starting to lose interest in this project anyway. Scott refuses to increase the Amount of Wu's you can have at one time so every time this happens I have to look for something else to crunch.

I thought I would crunch some QMC but that was a total disaster. I attached all my PC's to the project and just started kicking out 1 error after another, half my PC's rebooted themselves and I lost some of the Cosmo Wu's I did have to Computation errors too. The QMC Wu's would run about 10-15 seconds and error out with the Maximum CPU Time exceeded error ... WTF ... :icon_lol:

Everythings back to normal now that I detached QMC and went thru the Slots to get rid of the junk QMC left behind when I detached. I can last 3 or 4 hours yet on Cosmo Wu's but then I'm dry ... :icon_rolleyes:
qmc gives a cpu temp increase of 3 degrees celsius at full load. I ran it some time aq year back, but then they fixed the credits to the most crappy amount there is so i gave it the boot

PoorBoy
08-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Actually I thought the Credits were quite good for my Quads, I only did 1, it took 7 1/2 hours & I received 350 Credits. thats about 45 per hour for 1 Core.

Some of my Quads run the Project OK and some not, probably something to do with the Overclocking on them as they are kinda on the edge for Air Cooling ...

Anyway I got bored and have been reeking some havoc over here today > http://boinc.iaik.tugraz.at/sha1_coll_search/top_teams.php ... :icon_mrgreen:

meshmar
08-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Anyway I got bored and have been reeking some havoc over here today > http://boinc.iaik.tugraz.at/sha1_coll_search/top_teams.php ... :icon_mrgreen:

I got a little froggy with a couple of systems on that one too ...

mitchellds
08-09-2007, 03:03 AM
We're slowly gaining ground on those French Fry's...

Nflight
08-09-2007, 11:01 AM
mitchellds is in the lead ! Woo Hoo ! :blob3: for today so far only, Sorry there PoorBoy! Your systems are just too fast that you run out of WU's.

PoorBoy
08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
mitchellds is in the lead ! Woo Hoo ! :blob3: for today so far only, Sorry there PoorBoy! Your systems are just too fast that you run out of WU's.

:icon_rolleyes: ... :sign7: ... :icon_lol:

LeBo
08-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey guys I've got to slow down a bit. Its getting hot here now. Over a 100 degrees everyday lately (104 yesterday). I'll be back later....:)

mitchellds
08-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Yup, I have the same weather. I'm just North of you. I'm going to be scared of my electric bill next month.

PoorBoy
08-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey guys I've got to slow down a bit. Its getting hot here now. Over a 100 degrees everyday lately (104 yesterday). I'll be back later....:)

:shocked:... OUCH, and I thought 95 was Hot ... :icon_lol:

Just to let you guys know I haven't given up on the Cosmo Project, I'm just trying to run up a little Credit at the SHA-1 Project for now & will be back shortly at the Cosmo Project again ... :)

mitchellds
08-09-2007, 02:52 PM
ok, we'll hold down the fort Poorboy.

mitchellds
08-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Its getting more tuff getting wu's to download. Keep getting work committed to other platforms, I'm going to run out soon.

PoorBoy
08-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I back up to speed again on the Cosmo Project, dropped the SHA-1 Project for now because of too many error's with the Wu's ...

Frederic Brillouet
08-10-2007, 05:42 PM
the frenchies are laughing at us on their forum, saying we should call ourselves "big processor users" because our top producers are also using intel processors. I'd say we wipe these french farts off this project once and for all.

I am opposed to the title "french fries" because fries are pure belgian:icon_wink:

mitchellds
08-10-2007, 06:22 PM
heh heh, yup French Farts does have a nice Reverberating sound to it. I'm going to start calling them Belgian Fries from now on.

:icon_wink:

Frederic Brillouet
08-10-2007, 06:30 PM
heh heh, yup French Farts does have a nice Reverberating sound to it. I'm going to start calling them Belgian Fries from now on.

:icon_wink:
perfect :)

btw a friend of mine is gonna join us for 5-6 days, after that he's back to wcg with the dpc

meshmar
08-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Hopefully, everyone now has a queue of wus ...

August 10, 2007 Server back up
The server is working again after a restart. Sory for the down-time.

Frederic Brillouet
08-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Hopefully, everyone now has a queue of wus ...

August 10, 2007 Server back up
The server is working again after a restart. Sory for the down-time.
momentarily i have one lousy wu

liuqyn
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
hey, send me the invite code and I'll throw a few boxes on here. then in about a week I'll switch the rest over.

PoorBoy
08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
hey, send me the invite code and I'll throw a few boxes on here. then in about a week I'll switch the rest over.

If you don't have the Code yet check your PM's, I sent it to you ... :)

liuqyn
08-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks, got it.

Nflight
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
1,000,000 Points individually on Cosmology, Way to GO !~!~! :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

Keep up the Great Job PoorBoy !

Frederic Brillouet
08-14-2007, 05:11 PM
1,000,000 Points individually on Cosmology, Way to GO !~!~! :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

Keep up the Great Job PoorBoy !
already? I thought he was gonna last till tomorrow! congrats PoorBoy!

PoorBoy
08-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks but aren't we jumping the Gun a little bit, I'm not there yet, probably in about 3 hours or so ... :)

Nflight
08-14-2007, 05:32 PM
As quick as your systems are churning out the figures I wanted to get the post up before you hit the 2,000,000 mark. Was trying to work ahead of the wave you have got going, instead of getting run over by your horde of Quads!:icon_wink:

mitchellds
08-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Congrats Poorboy !!!!!

PoorBoy
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
As quick as your systems are churning out the figures I wanted to get the post up before you hit the 2,000,000 mark. Was trying to work ahead of the wave you have got going, instead of getting run over by your horde of Quads!:icon_wink:

:icon_lol: ... Quad Tide ... :icon_lol:

PS: AQUAJOE, check your PM's, I sent you the Code & Linc to use it ... :)

PoorBoy
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Theres been a URL Change for the Cosmology Project www.cosmologyathome.org (http://www.cosmologyathome.org/) but I suggest doing nothing right now until some of the problems associated with the change have been Ironed out.

Some people have lost the Project for now trying to use the new URL & my Pending has been climbing ever since because of the few people that are attached to it.