PDA

View Full Version : Cosmo's rollin good

Frederic Brillouet
08-11-2007, 09:29 PM
We're getting a healthy amount of credits every day. Today we were joined by AzErTy, who will probably only stay for a week, but seeing that he's already done 1140 credits in one day (that hasnt finished yet) on his e6400, that week could give us another healthy boost in points. Thanks AzErTy for helping us out, you know I'll give you and your team a hand when you need it on a project.

Also congats to PoorBoy (who will hit 1 mill credits on this project in the near future), Mitchell (who might give ol' PoorBoy a run for his money, given another quad), LeBo (also at a heady 3300 credits as i type), Vaughan (prod those puters, you've got winter so lotsa oc'ing to do heheh), Nflight (nearly 12000 creds mate!), Sou'westerly (got overtaken by Nflight, but hasnt been put off and happily crunches along, also nearing 12000!), sentient_life (also doing the effort for the team!), Liuqyn (huge daily at 1020 credits as i speak), meshmar (10 positions higher today man!)

Frederic Brillouet
08-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Congrats team for reaching #1 RAC @cosmo!

LeBo
08-12-2007, 08:11 PM
We will only be satisfied with 1st in total RAC and total Credits. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

LeBo
08-13-2007, 03:46 AM
I can't keep it rolling without WUs. Two machines out of WUs, just sitting still. Scott needs to give out more WUs than just a few at a time...:icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

Frederic Brillouet
08-13-2007, 06:22 AM
I can't keep it rolling without WUs. Two machines out of WUs, just sitting still. Scott needs to give out more WUs than just a few at a time...:icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:
you're just plain greedy :icon_lol:

PoorBoy
08-13-2007, 08:25 AM

I've argued that point with Scott to no Avail, he even said he would increase the amount but still hasn't. For some reason he would rather keep the Wu's at the Server than let the hosts have more ... :icon_rolleyes:

LeBo
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
My production is down because I'm cutting my clients off during the heat of the day and just running them at night. Come on winter time...:icon_mrgreen:

Nflight
08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Last week the temps were over 97°F 5 days straight, today they want it nearly 90° Again. I am in the basement but even so the temps here are abnormally high with temps outside so high, last week it hit 83°F down here, the machine called Rocketship hit 58°C I was about to pull the plug but, didn't. I am still here in the basement and temps are back into the high seventies! Whoopie~! :blob3:

Cooler Temperatures where are you ?

Nflight
08-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I have noticed that every project that I run is just a little different then the last. Each one takes a little finesse to tweak it to maximum production. I have this perseverance to succeed at getting the most out of my system on every project; Cosmology is no exception. I have succeeded in getting an average of 1900 points three days in a row, this is a tremendous improvement in light of the high temperatures most of us have had to endure these last few weeks here in the Northern Hemisphere. Considering this project has some high points values and I don't think I will reach my personal goal of 1,000,000 by November with out staying on this project for some time. It looks like I planted myself for the time being. As long as the Work Units keep coming I will keep crunching, 1st place here we come~!!! :blob3:

PoorBoy
08-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Rocketship hit 58°F I was about to pull the plug but, didn't. I am still here in the basement and temps are back into the high seventies! Whoopie~! :blob3:

Cooler Temperatures where are you ?

Whoa, you should call that PC the Icebox if it's running @ 58F, I have 1 running @ 70C, now that's a Rocket Ship, temp wise anyway ... :icon_lol:

Nflight
08-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I corrected my boo boo, Thanks for the heads up PoorBoy ! I usually never let my systems see any daylight above 55°C ~! I am looking to make sure they last a long time! :icon_rolleyes: :blob3:

PoorBoy
08-14-2007, 12:26 PM
I corrected my boo boo, Thanks for the heads up PoorBoy ! I usually never let my systems see any daylight above 55°C ~! I am looking to make sure they last a long time! :icon_rolleyes: :blob3:

:icon_lol: ... I knew what you meant but couldn't help myself ... :icon_wink:

The PC that I say is running @ 70C probably really isn't running that hot, 70C is using Core Temp which reads from the center of the Die. If I use Speed Fan the Temp readings are only about 52C for the same PC, Speed Fan reads further out on the Die.

I've read several times that the readings Core Temp gives you that you can take with a grain of salt. But I like to use it because it gives me the highest readings so I can go by that and try and reduce the Temps from there ...

PoorBoy
08-15-2007, 03:01 AM
Looks like we may run out of Work tonight, I haven't been able to get any new work for 3-4 hours now with either the Old or New URL ... :icon_rolleyes:

So I've decided to stop the work call on the PC's that still need to be Detached & Reattached to the Project with the new URL. By morning they will be out of work & I'll switch them then. I did manage to get 2 of the Quads switched to the New URL though and will leave work call on them ...

I posted in the Forum about not getting work again but it may be until the morning before Scott gets it fixed ...

LeBo
08-15-2007, 03:47 AM
I switched my quad over to the new URL and can't get any work.

Nflight
08-15-2007, 04:33 AM
I have one machine practically empty on the old URL and the other is soon to follow as it seems we are all experiencing this blooper! :-(

I have noticed that all my work in the past 5 or so hours has been placed in pending status, which means I have a lot pending Right now!

Nflight
08-15-2007, 06:19 AM
There was a message in the message tab that states to detach the Project and re-attach to the correct URL. After I completed that task the Work Units began to flow freely! All is back to Normal...

vaughan
08-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Good tip Nflight. That worked for me too. :icon_thumright:

I wish BOINC would build in an automatic correction/url update so situations like this, where the project charged its url are fixed without this silly detach / re-attach procedure. It might be OK for one or two PCs but as the pharm grows beyond the teens ... :icon_twisted:

Frederic Brillouet
08-15-2007, 08:51 AM

I wish BOINC would build in an automatic correction/url update so situations like this, where the project charged its url are fixed without this silly detach / re-attach procedure. It might be OK for one or two PCs but as the pharm grows beyond the teens ... :icon_twisted:
pure bluff :icon_lol:

PoorBoy
08-15-2007, 09:45 AM

I agree Vaughan, BOINC View makes it some what easier to do but even with just 9 PC's it's still a pain in the rear end ... :icon_lol:

I'm back up to Speed again, I got the PC's all switched over to the new URL and their Caches are full again ... Full Steam ahead and maybe we can catch those French Farts in the next few days if they don't start producing again ... :icon_twisted:

PoorBoy
08-15-2007, 12:31 PM
It looks like the Wienie's of the Project have got their way & some sort of Credit Reduction or a different way of giving the Credit has taken place. I notice some of the Wu's receiving Credit are only getting 50 Credits now instead of the usual 60 Credits.

It's hard to tell so far if thats good or bad from the Wu's I've turned in. Some Wu's with shorter run time are getting 60 & some longer ones are getting 50. So Scott may have implemented a Credit Structure like the ABC or APS projects and several others. The Credit is Granted on how much work is actually done or something like that instead of a Fixed Credit System. Thats my take on it anyway as nothings been said about the change in the Forum yet.

Will need a few days to see just how much if any it affects the Total Daily Credit received, it has to affect it to some degree I would suspect if you only get 50 for some of the Wu's now.

PS: The Wu's that are receiving 50 Credits may be just Test Wu's that Scott is releasing because they are a different Series #, not sure about that but I think thats what they are ... :dontknow:

liuqyn
08-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Just noticed we took #1 spot.... GO TEAM

mitchellds
08-16-2007, 01:48 AM
How you like that Poorboy ?

LeBo
08-16-2007, 02:29 AM
I'll bet Poorboy loves that.:icon_wink:

PoorBoy
08-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Way to go Team, a good job by all involved ... :)

Nflight
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Was a busy night not much sleep, Windows did an update, there were ten total, one of them did not like Boinc on One system. Had to remove each one till I found the problem then run diagnostics to solve the issue of a certain non windows program it did not like with a shared file.
I removed the file, Boinc is now running on both systems. File was not even being used by me for over 3 years, now it says it can't do without it. Stupid machine..... hum bug, I will be up to full throttle by tomorrows stats will be right where they should be. Thank god for Regedit and knowing my way around the system pretty well. The point of the this is I have no clue, taking each update and removing it and testing the waters then reinstalling it took alot of time. If you have this happen to you lets hope Windows doesn't do the 10 updates all at once routine again for awhile.

PoorBoy
08-16-2007, 02:57 PM
If you have this happen to you lets hope Windows doesn't do the 10 updates all at once routine again for awhile.

Thats why I Disable Auto Updates, I ain't letting MicroShaft Update anything on my PC's unless I know about it first. Usually when I have to do a OS install all I do is install the OS & then either SP1 or SP2 and then never Update anything else again, they run just fine that way without MicroShafts constant Updating ... :icon_rolleyes:

mitchellds
08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I agree with Poorboy, I only apply the patches I want and keep auto update disabled on all my machines. I seen it lead to many auto disasters in the past to allow it to run wild on my clients pc's.

Nflight
08-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Auto Update turned OFF, thanks Guys! I like the reference to MICRO SHAFT, awesome! :icon_wink:

LeBo
08-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Exactly why did Scott cut the quad cores back to 50 points? I have three duel core and they are all getting 60 points.:(:(:(.....:icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::i con_mad:

PoorBoy
08-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Exactly why did Scott cut the quad cores back to 50 points? I have three duel core and they are all getting 60 points.:(:(:(.....:icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::i con_mad:

I don't know LeBo, I just checked my Quads and it looks like more & more of the Wu's are receiving only 50 Credits. If this is so then it will be another major drop in the Credit given by the Project and & will put it on the Endangered & soon to be Extinct List as far as I'm concerned ... :icon_lol:

I thought yesterday there was a Credit drop but then wasn't sure about it & thought maybe it was only a few Test Wu's. But today it looks almost as if more of the Wu's are receiving 50 rather than 60 so I'm not sure what is going on ...

I posted in the Forum asking nicely about it and will see if Scott answers me, he usually doesn't answer any of my Posts anymore since I made a boo boo in a Post some time ago & I guess It Offended him quite a bit. I didn't mean anything by it & was just using the word to make my Point. So I get the feeling he would just as soon that I leave the Project so if the Credit Drop is such that I'm not happy with it he'll get his wish sooner rather than later.

mitchellds
08-16-2007, 11:56 PM
bummer deal man. :(

LeBo
08-17-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't know LeBo, I just checked my Quads and it looks like more & more of the Wu's are receiving only 50 Credits. If this is so then it will be another major drop in the Credit given by the Project and & will put it on the Endangered & soon to be Extinct List as far as I'm concerned ... :icon_lol:

I thought yesterday there was a Credit drop but then wasn't sure about it & thought maybe it was only a few Test Wu's. But today it looks almost as if more of the Wu's are receiving 50 rather than 60 so I'm not sure what is going on ...

I posted in the Forum asking nicely about it and will see if Scott answers me, he usually doesn't answer any of my Posts anymore since I made a boo boo in a Post some time ago & I guess It Offended him quite a bit. I didn't mean anything by it & was just using the word to make my Point. So I get the feeling he would just as soon that I leave the Project so if the Credit Drop is such that I'm not happy with it he'll get his wish sooner rather than later.

That's exactly the way I feel Poorboy..:-(

PoorBoy
08-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Still no word on the Credit change if there was one in fact, but still getting a mixture of either 50 or 60 Credits Per Wu. Scott has posted in the Forum since I asked about it but like I said he doesn't usually reply to anything I ask anymore. He may reply later ... :icon_rolleyes:

LeBo
08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Poorboy you're the biggest cruncher in this project and Scott doesn't even bother to answer your post on credits. Not exactly good communications considering this project is just starting......:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_ rolleyes:

PoorBoy
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
8/17/07 @ 10:22 AM CST - Lower Credit for CAMB WUs

50 credit will be awarded from now on for CAMB WUs instead of 60 credits.

He finally made a comment on my Post and made this Announcement in the Announcements Section of the Message Board ... I'm still going to hang with the Project for awhile, 50 Credits is still fairly decent credit & most of the Wu's are only taking 40 min's to 1 hour & 1/2 to do on my Quads. I get a few 2 hr ones but not that many ...

Frederic Brillouet
08-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I think I'm holding some of LeBo's credits hostage :icon_redface: just gotta finish some other wu's first, then I'll make sure your creds are granted

LeBo
08-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I think I'm holding some of LeBo's credits hostage :icon_redface: just gotta finish some other wu's first, then I'll make sure your creds are granted

HaHa Hehe LOL..:)

PoorBoy
08-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Looks like the French Team has all but given up on this Project, for now anyway it seems. We have built up a 130,000 Point lead on them since we took 1'st Place back over. I'm kinda perplexed that they would give up that easily, I thought that they would have put up more of a fight to hold on to 1'st place but I guess not.

I've been in their Forum several times to see if any loose lips would let slip what they were up to but unless they have a Secret Forum like here they really ain't saying anything about it. I did notice though that I'm fondly known as the Turbo One in their Forum ... :icon_lol:

Frederic Brillouet
08-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Looks like the French Team has all but given up on this Project, for now anyway it seems. We have built up a 130,000 Point lead on them since we took 1'st Place back over. I'm kinda perplexed that they would give up that easily, I thought that they would have put up more of a fight to hold on to 1'st place but I guess not.

I've been in their Forum several times to see if any loose lips would let slip what they were up to but unless they have a Secret Forum like here they really ain't saying anything about it. I did notice though that I'm fondly known as the Turbo One in their Forum ... :icon_lol:
didnt know you understood french:icon_neutral:

PoorBoy
08-18-2007, 10:43 PM
didnt know you understood french :icon_neutral:

I don't, heck I don't understand English if I get Inebriated enough ... :icon_lol:

Google does though, enough for me to get the gist of what their talking about anyway ... :)

Frederic Brillouet
08-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't, heck I don't understand English if I get Inebriated enough ... :icon_lol:

Google does though, enough for me to get the gist of what their talking about anyway ... :)
oh hahaha, i already kinda taunted them, then they tried to get me on their team :icon_lol: didnt work though :icon_wink:

PoorBoy
08-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Well I plan on hanging with the Project for awhile yet as long as Scott doesn't cut the Credits again anytime soon. I'm already losing some Credit now that he's cut it to 50 Per Wu but I'll stick with it just to keep building up a lead ... :)

Looks like I may soon be getting a little Pressure from Temujin at the Project, I scoped him out and he has over 16,000,000 Credits at the Seti Project so I'm sure he has the Power to Challenge me for the lead but it will take him a while to get to me.

By then the Project may be Public and I'm sure there will be some of the other Big Boys joining up and the Power some of them have make mine look paltry in comparison. They will be able to run me down in no time I suspect especially that Mac guy from the Seti USA Team with over 1300 Computers @ his disposal ... :icon_rolleyes: ... I may have to break down & run out & buy a few more Quad parts to keep up with him ... :icon_lol:

Frederic Brillouet
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Well I plan on hanging with the Project for awhile yet as long as Scott doesn't cut the Credits again anytime soon. I'm already losing some Credit now that he's cut it to 50 Per Wu but I'll stick with it just to keep building up a lead ... :)

Looks like I may soon be getting a little Pressure from Temujin at the Project, I scoped him out and he has over 16,000,000 Credits at the Seti Project so I'm sure he has the Power to Challenge me for the lead but it will take him a while to get to me.

By then the Project may be Public and I'm sure there will be some of the other Big Boys joining up and the Power some of them have make mine look paltry in comparison. They will be able to run me down in no time I suspect especially that Mac guy from the Seti USA Team with over 1300 Computers @ his disposal ... :icon_rolleyes: ... I may have to break down & run out & buy a few more Quad parts to keep up with him ... :icon_lol:
1? i'd say go for 10 or 20, maybe intel'll throw some in for free :icon_lol:

CarcinogenX
08-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Do the rest of you peeps have 30 or so pending WU's or is it just me?
This is after switching to the new URL.

PoorBoy
08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Do the rest of you peeps have 30 or so pending WU's or is it just me?
This is after switching to the new URL.

I have 265 Pending Wu's @ the moment spread across 8 Pc's, so thats about 34 each ...

liuqyn
08-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I also have several, seems due to the fact that the other comp doing to WU was detached when the URL changed before completion and is now waiting to time out and resend. At least this is what mine are doing, not sure about yours. will hopefully sort itself out soon.

CarcinogenX
08-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Well it's not just me then. I was worried that I had become the victim of a vodoo curse or something. Now I can rest easier.

mitchellds
08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
As a team, we're getting near the 2 million mark. Keep the train rolling.

PoorBoy
08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
I hope we get there before the Wu's dry up ... :)

Theres a lot of Commotion going on at the project right now, Scott has said he's going to stop producing any new Wu's for awhile per Sysfried's Request in an attempt to get rid of some of the Pending Credits. Seems to me what Sysfried wants Sysfried gets. He thought we were getting to much Credit so now we get less, he voted (He was actually the only 1 to Vote ... :icon_rolleyes:) to stop producing new Wu's so Scott's going along with that too ...

So I don't know if the Wu's will dry up completely or Scott will start producing new Wu's before that happens, in any event as the Wu's run lower it will probably be harder to get them ...

LeBo
08-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Seems to me what Sysfried wants Sysfried gets....

I noticed that also. A one member run project. I have already cut back on this project a good bit. My pending credits got up to 2600 with 57 WUs. So between the heat in my house, pending credits, and sysfried, I think I will slow it down for a while

Frederic Brillouet
08-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Sysfried's the ass that always kept my wu's hostage! i bet he gets more wu's than the rest of us anyway. bah humbug. abc is all mine

mitchellds
08-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Yup after reading the forum chatter, it looks like this project is heading south for the time being. :(

Frederic Brillouet
08-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Yup after reading the forum chatter, it looks like this project is heading south for the time being. :(
well if the team gets to 2 mil, why dont you guys go to abc? its fun to run i think

PoorBoy
08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
well if the team gets to 2 mil, why dont you guys go to abc? its fun to run i think

If your not running Linux 64-Bit @ the ABC Project then your just chasing the ones that are running it, they get way more Credit than the 32-Bit Boys. Hendrick @ the ABC Project Promised a True 64-Bit Windows Application many months ago but nothings come of it yet. If he's even working on it anymore is anybodies guess, I even spent the Money to get a couple of 64-Bit OS & converted a couple of my PC's to 64-Bit in anticipation of the Project coming out with a 64-Bit Windows Application. So it kinda piss's me off that nothings come of it yet and I basically Boycott the project for the most part.

Personally I'm just waiting for either Docking or Nano Hive to come back on Line, hopefully September or at the latests October they will be back up. If they are that's where I'll be heading probably. I'm also trying to get QMC to run properly on my Quads, so far only 3 of them will run the Project without creating a lot of Errors or Locking Up or Re-Booting themselves or even causing the Cosmology Wu's to Error out too. I suspect it's something to do with the Overclocking in them thats causing the Problems. But I don't know for sure because the 3 that run the Project without any errors have the same settings as the 5 that won't run it ... :icon_rolleyes:

Frederic Brillouet
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
If your not running Linux 64-Bit @ the ABC Project then your just chasing the ones that are running it, they get way more Credit than the 32-Bit Boys. Hendrick @ the ABC Project Promised a True 64-Bit Windows Application many months ago but nothings come of it yet. If he's even working on it anymore is anybodies guess, I even spent the Money to get a couple of 64-Bit OS & converted a couple of my PC's to 64-Bit in anticipation of the Project coming out with a 64-Bit Windows Application. So it kinda piss's me off that nothings come of it yet and I basically Boycott the project for the most part.

Personally I'm just waiting for either Docking or Nano Hive to come back on Line, hopefully September or at the latests October they will be back up. If they are that's where I'll be heading probably. I'm also trying to get QMC to run properly on my Quads, so far only 3 of them will run the Project without creating a lot of Errors or Locking Up or Re-Booting themselves or even causing the Cosmology Wu's to Error out too. I suspect it's something to do with the Overclocking in them thats causing the Problems. But I don't know for sure because the 3 that run the Project without any errors have the same settings as the 5 that won't run it ... :icon_rolleyes:
normally qmc doesnt have any probs with oc'ing. climate change is a bitch when it comes to oc'ing

mitchellds
08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, I'm still getting wu's for the time being. Guess I run it until I dont.

PoorBoy
08-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Well, I'm still getting wu's for the time being. Guess I run it until I dont.

Same here, I'm still running it fairly heavy at least until the Wu's dry up, I'm just kinda playing around with QMC as a option to run if theres no Cosmo Wu's to get or are hard to get ... Scott just Posted this in the Announcement Section of the Forum ...

8/21/07 @ 5:11 PM CST - Post Rating and Work Generation

I've disabled post ratings since certain users are childishly down-rating posts made by people they don't like. Besides, does anybody really consider post ratings anyway?

Also, no more new work will be generated until the pending work count goes down. Users may find that work is hard to come by, but this will be a temporary roadblock.

PoorBoy
08-22-2007, 10:44 PM
More from Scott @ the Cosmology Project ...

I should say that registration is more-or-less open now. You still can't register through the BOINC client, but you can through this link (http://www.cosmologyathome.org/join_alpha.php) (also on the main page).

PoorBoy
08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I noticed that also. A one member run project. I have already cut back on this project a good bit. My pending credits got up to 2600 with 57 WUs. So between the heat in my house, pending credits, and sysfried, I think I will slow it down for a while

LeBo, if at all possible try & at least and finish the Cosmo Wu's that you already have now. While going through my pending Credits I noticed a 10-12 of them are paired up with you, so they should get Validated right away because mine are already done & have been waiting for somebody else to get their's done ... :)

LeBo
08-24-2007, 02:42 AM
LeBo, if at all possible try & at least and finish the Cosmo Wu's that you already have now. While going through my pending Credits I noticed a 10-12 of them are paired up with you, so they should get Validated right away because mine are already done & have been waiting for somebody else to get their's done ... :)

You've got it. Just started back crunching those WUs..:icon_wink:

CarcinogenX
08-24-2007, 04:10 AM
I'm still getting plenty of new WU's and my pending has dropped from 1200 to 687. So I would assume that dude changed his mind?

PoorBoy
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
You've got it. Just started back crunching those WUs..:icon_wink:

Thanks LeBo ... :) ... I've put everything back on Cosmo for now in an effort to get the Team over the 2,000,000 Mark before the Wu's run out if they do in fact run out. Last time I looked we were only about 48,000 short of the 2 Million Mark ...

mitchellds
08-24-2007, 04:30 PM
well my pending credit is not shrinking. I still have 7200 pending.

PoorBoy
08-24-2007, 07:27 PM
well my pending credit is not shrinking. I still have 7200 pending.

Mine went from about 8500 down to 4200, but I think that had more to do with me cutting back about 30% more than anything. Since this morning when I went back to 100% Cosmology my Pending has slowly risen again to 6,000 ... :icon_rolleyes:

mitchellds
08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Looks like Cosmo is brain dead again. Half of my droids cant get work again. Guess I'll crunch some Tanpaku for awhile also.

PoorBoy
08-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Looks like Cosmo is brain dead again. Half of my droids cant get work again. Guess I'll crunch some Tanpaku for awhile also.

Same here, I'm down to just 1 Wu on a couple of the Quads. I'm running QMC & Riesel Sieve I guess until there's more work available from Cosmo.

CarcinogenX
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
We hit 2 million

Bender10
08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Nice going everyone!!!! :3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3:

vaughan
08-26-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't understand why they aren't releasing any work.

PoorBoy
08-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't understand why they aren't releasing any work.

Basically because sysfried & ohiomike requested it or suggested it to Scott because they had a lot of Pending Wu's that were not being reissued to other Hosts. I had a few myself but mostly my Pending Credit Wu's were just waiting for somebody that had them already to finish them. Scott doesn't have the Homogeneous Redundancy set up right is why the Wu's don't get resent to somebody else.

Anyway Scott announced that there would be no more new work in an effort to get the Un-sent Wu's Sent & if they didn't get Re-sent he could check into them & see what the problem was with them.

I've never seen a Project do this over Pending Credits and although I can understand why it was done it still doesn't sit well with me at all that the Project would cut the Throats of the biggest contributors to satisfy the whims of a few people in the Project.

Nflight
09-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Is anyone else having difficulties in acquiring new Work Units? My system's plural are not able to get anymore at this time. If this is the case, POTM for Free-DC attach in October is not going to be very happy?

PoorBoy
09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Scott turned off the Work Generator again a few days ago, so work may be a little hard to come by until he turns it back on. I have about a 1 & 1\2 Day supple of Cosmo Wu's on my Quads though & I've been hitting the Gerasim Project pretty hard too for the last few day's ... :icon_mrgreen:

mitchellds
09-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Man, what a aggravating project, every time I come back to this project it has problems. I wish this Scott dude would get his act together. He seems a little distracted with this project.

LeBo
09-30-2007, 06:11 PM
That's why I like Primegrid. it runs very good....

PoorBoy
10-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Scott's turned the WU Generator back on again, I've started to re-fill my Caches ... :)

vaughan
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
So. ... Are we going to put Laurenu2's challenge to grab Team #1 spot from us to the test or not? :icon_twisted:

60 days to #1. Bah humbug.

Not if I get in the way.

Now that John Wells has all but ceased his BRS assault I have a few dozen top-of-the-line cores available.

Anyone care to join me?

Come on AMD Users.

Free-DC is distracted trying to play catchup to the Arsians in eOn. Laurenu2 is trying to rally support to challenge our World Number 1 in Cosmology@Home. We need to respond in force. NOW

Frederic Brillouet
10-01-2007, 12:13 PM
So. ... Are we going to put Laurenu2's challenge to grab Team #1 spot from us to the test or not? :icon_twisted:

60 days to #1. Bah humbug.

Not if I get in the way.

Now that John Wells has all but ceased his BRS assault I have a few dozen top-of-the-line cores available.

Anyone care to join me?

Come on AMD Users.

Free-DC is distracted trying to play catchup to the Arsians in eOn. Laurenu2 is trying to rally support to challenge our World Number 1 in Cosmology@Home. We need to respond in force. NOW
lauren can only mobilise about 60 machines from his own. the other 10 are in a garage somewhere with ni internet access. poorboy should be able to cope without a problem ;)

Nflight
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Cosmology@Home. We need to respond in force. NOW

I put both machines on it full time, but I have been waiting till Scott turned on the Work Unit Generator since I lost contact last week sometime!
I like this project the AMD Processors turn out some good points values ! ! !

PoorBoy
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
lauren can only mobilise about 60 machines from his own. the other 10 are in a garage somewhere with ni internet access. poorboy should be able to cope without a problem ;)

8 PC's against 70, sounds fair to me ... :icon_lol:

Actually I've been able to stay ahead of Lauren in the daily stats so far, but I don't know how hard lauren's been running. Then there's BOK, who is a formidable force himself, so it's going to take a lot more than just me to stay ahead of the Free-DC Team.

Frederic Brillouet
10-01-2007, 01:36 PM

Actually I've been able to stay ahead of Lauren in the daily stats so far, but I don't know how hard lauren's been running. Then there's BOK, who is a formidable force himself, so it's going to take a lot more than just me to stay ahead of the Free-DC Team.
only 10 or 12 pcs are dual core. all others are single core, so you're pretty close i'd say ;)

LeBo
10-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I'll help out guys...:)

Frederic Brillouet
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Poorboy, say goodbye to your first place :icon_lol:

vaughan
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Poorboy, say goodbye to your first place :icon_lol:
Unlikely, barring something catastrophic. He's almost double the points score of bok and 0.5M ahead of Perle so there is a good buffer. By the time either catches him the octa cores will be generally available. :icon_wink:

Frederic Brillouet
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Unlikely, barring something catastrophic. He's almost double the points score of bok and 0.5M ahead of Perle so there is a good buffer. By the time either catches him the octa cores will be generally available. :icon_wink:
I meant Poorboy would lose #1 to LeBo :icon_lol: (i definately need to learn to reread my posts next time)

PoorBoy
10-01-2007, 03:50 PM

They gotta start putting out more than me before they can catch me ... :icon_lol:

Frederic Brillouet
10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
They gotta start putting out more than me before they can catch me ... :icon_lol:
soon we'll all have to kneel and say: Hail PoorBoy, Master of the Crunch! :icon_lol:

LeBo
10-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I meant Poorboy would lose #1 to LeBo :icon_lol: (i definately need to learn to reread my posts next time)

No way Can I out produce Poorboy. He has too many Quads for me.

vaughan
10-03-2007, 01:20 AM

The scumbag Ninja'd me (Ogame expression :icon_wink: ) so I'm switching everything back to BOINC Riesel Sieve. Even the 3 P4s will switch from Riesel Sieve LLR'ing to BOINC Riesel Sieve LLR tasks. :icon_twisted:

AMDave
10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Geee UP!
Go the whole hog!
I wanna see what that pharm can really do!!!

laurenu2
10-04-2007, 03:35 PM

Hi PoorBoy Long time no talk How are you
Judging by your output you have been taking your vitamins
You just popped up on my forward Radar but your 1,134 days ahead So I guess I would have to go to full power +10% to catch up to you this year
So you safe for Now:icon_lol:

But your team seems to have only 128 days left in 1st place at this pace if you do not bring More power online

Come on AMD Users steep up and put out Or should it be output

Free-DC:qleft7::qright5:AMD Users
I like some of your Smiley can I take a few back with me to Free-DC

Nflight
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
But your team seems to have only 128 days left in 1st place at this pace if you do not bring More power online

Come on AMD Users steep up and put out Or should it be output

Your want a piece of us? I will take that last statement as a challenge and up you two dual cores. So there.... :o(

Frederic Brillouet
10-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I'll have a look at my options. If you're lucky I wont raise you, if you're not, I'll raise you 20 P4's

laurenu2
10-04-2007, 08:50 PM
:shocked:
Your want a piece of us? I will take that last statement as a challenge and up you two dual cores. So there.... :o(

:hello:Good for you :icon_thumright: But No challenge intended here
We at free-DC just do Little Pushes we call the at times Gauntlet's
All in good fun Ask :hello:PoorBoy he knows me

OK I will call your 2 Dual cores with adding 2 more X2's(PoorBoy Will Love That) OK let see your hand what do you have:icon_lol:

I Just liked a few of them thats all They were not ment as a trophy

Frederic Brillouet
10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
:shocked:

:hello:Good for you :icon_thumright: But No challenge intended here
We at free-DC just do Little Pushes we call the at times Gauntlet's
All in good fun Ask :hello:PoorBoy he knows me

OK I will call your 2 Dual cores with adding 2 more X2's(PoorBoy Will Love That) OK let see your hand what do you have:icon_lol:

I Just liked a few of them thats all They were not ment as a trophy
i wouldnt see why smileys would be trophy's (its fine by me if you would copy them, but I'm not the boss)
hows dpad running on those hidden boxes? are you going to dump amd.borg off #1 again?

laurenu2
10-04-2007, 09:35 PM
i wouldnt see why smileys would be trophy's (its fine by me if you would copy them, but I'm not the boss)
hows dpad running on those hidden boxes? are you going to dump amd.borg off #1 again?
Nflight said

Your want a piece of us? I will take that last statement as a challenge
and My last statment was

Not sure I do not offten go to my wearhouse , that last dump was a 3 month backup from there

CarcinogenX
10-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Wow, I totally forgot about Cosmo and the pending credits. I remember it now though.

PoorBoy
10-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Wow, I totally forgot about Cosmo and the pending credits. I remember it now though.

:icon_lol: ... Yes, it can be irritating at times, mine float around between 350 & 450 Pending Wu's most of the time ... :icon_rolleyes: ... But I always seem to get the Credit eventually so I don't worry about it ... :)