PDA

View Full Version : a little push here

NeoGen
08-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Anyone wanna spare some cores on ABC@Home? We could use a push here. We're ranked 25th and dropping. :icon_rolleyes:

I think its a good project for credits. I'm getting over 1,000 credits a day on this project with the same machine that was getting about 600 when running Burp.

Frederic Brillouet
08-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Anyone wanna spare some cores on ABC@Home? We could use a push here. We're ranked 25th and dropping. :icon_rolleyes:

I think its a good project for credits. I'm getting over 1,000 credits a day on this project with the same machine that was getting about 600 when running Burp.
what machine are you running there neo?

Edit: x2 4400 I saw. I'm gonna join when I've worked through the stack of wu's I've got. had to cancel 50 already, puter seemed to think he could handle em in 45 minutes, seems they take 3 hours

B Johansson
08-17-2007, 08:27 AM
I,m in need some more points too reach top ten in sweden

PoorBoy
08-17-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm going to hang around the Cosmology Project for awhile yet so we can build up a healthy lead there. Then I might throw some Cores at ABC again, in fact I have been running it a little now and then to break the monotony of running Cosmo only ...

NeoGen
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
puter seemed to think he could handle em in 45 minutes, seems they take 3 hours
The ABC Workunits are of variable sizes. They can be as fast as 10 mins or as slow as several hours.

PoorBoy
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM
The ABC Workunits are of variable sizes. They can be as fast as 10 mins or as slow as several hours.

Yes, I've had them run as short as 2 or 3 min's & as long as 24 hr's (on my P4 3.4) 13-14 hr's on my Quads. the long ones like that will get 1000 Credits though but it may take a week or longer to get the Credit depending on who your paired with and how fast their PC is ... :)

Bubben
09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
ONLY 7.4954 % Done

Bubben
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Excuse for asking but what is the benefits for mankind of this project?

moderna
09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I'll try this one for awhile. It will be fun to crunch a project where my position in the project changes more than one every few days. Its tough processing with the bunch on Tanpaku. It will be interesting to see how many WUs a day on this compares with Tanpaku which has been pretty good.

I sure got sent allot of tasks for the short response cycle I established.

As for the value for mankind? The pure math ones are a bit elusive but sometimes a successful proof can lead to new theorems and the cycle continues. I will do the math ones before the games or the search for extra-terrestrials. unless it is a tournament of course.

Bubben
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
So..what do you like this project so far?

I think it´s very nice..and it´s true that you almost make 1000 points/day

I´ll stick to this for a while!

moderna
09-15-2007, 03:05 PM
The pending credits are starting to come through and the project seems to have pretty good return on processing. So far not as many points as Tanpaku but will see as things settle in. I will keep at it for awhile so the team can maybe hold its own a little better. We need a big push though to really get us up in the standings.

Bubben
10-18-2007, 10:16 PM
The pending credits are starting to come through and the project seems to have pretty good return on processing. So far not as many points as Tanpaku but will see as things settle in. I will keep at it for awhile so the team can maybe hold its own a little better. We need a big push though to really get us up in the standings.

Yepp..we could use a little cpu-power here..recently i got 1500 points!:)

Danish Dynamite
01-01-2008, 02:00 AM
i have a couple of comps on this should be able to move team along a little
any one that has a comp with 64 bit os and boinc client fell free to help out

meshmar
01-01-2008, 05:59 AM
any one that has a comp with 64 bit os and boinc client fell free to help out

I've got one that has been nudging me up in the standings :icon_lol:

PoorBoy
01-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I threw a few Spare Quads on this Project ... :icon_rolleyes: ... Is there a passing Lane at the Project ... :icon_twisted: ... :icon_lol:

Danish Dynamite
01-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I threw a few Spare Quads on this Project ... :icon_rolleyes: ... Is there a passing Lane at the Project ... :icon_twisted: ... :icon_lol:

not for about a week lol

Bubben
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
WELL DONE!!!

Amdusers are now among the top 20!

:wav:

Danish Dynamite
01-04-2008, 08:55 PM
yeah we are 18th by rac and 29th by points

Bubben
01-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Here you can see the totale project status:

http://www.rekenmeemetabc.nl/

Nflight
01-04-2008, 10:11 PM
I added a few points to this project, just a few then added other projects into the mix.

I went to the mall and found a computer dealer who never was at that place before. I had to literally ask someone to remove me from the store, They had a dual cpu Q6600 for sale for a special one day price of $1750, 8 cores and my left foot almost got me in trouble as I started to fill out credit card applications to get the monster home the same day. Oh my aching foot!

Want Want Need Need Gotta Have Gotta have Gotta have!

P.S. I still have to have enough money to pay my taxes this year! That is what stopped me!

vaughan
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Nice going here team. Impressive assault on the DC-Vault :)
It looks as if PoorBoy has responded to the challenge to his leader's rank in the best way possible - mucho gigaherz. :icon_lol:

Congratulations to PoorBoy on attaining the 250,000 mark.
Also congratulations to AMDave on attaining the 10,000 mark.

Go AMD Users! :rolleyes:

Danish Dynamite
01-05-2008, 12:24 AM
we have just cracked one million credits at abc at home

well done team

Frederic Brillouet
01-05-2008, 07:45 AM
I added a few points to this project, just a few then added other projects into the mix.

I went to the mall and found a computer dealer who never was at that place before. I had to literally ask someone to remove me from the store, They had a dual cpu Q6600 for sale for a special one day price of $1750, 8 cores and my left foot almost got me in trouble as I started to fill out credit card applications to get the monster home the same day. Oh my aching foot!

P.S. I still have to have enough money to pay my taxes this year! That is what stopped me!
:shocked:I wish they had one of those in the puter shop! would've saved me lots of money :icon_lol:

AQUAJOE
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I can add one if it is needed.

Danish Dynamite
01-06-2008, 03:12 AM
well we have got to 15th by rac and 26th by points

@aquajoe yes please

Danish Dynamite
01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
congrats to poorboy for getting to 500k in abc, you done what toke me several months in a few days

vaughan
01-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Wow PoorBoy those quads are impressive :icon_wink:

PoorBoy
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
you done what toke me several months in a few days

:icon_mrgreen: ... :icon_wink: ... Sorry, I know the feeling only to well, even with the GHZ I have there are plenty of other BOINC Participants out there that can do the same thing to me too ... :icon_rolleyes:

Wow PoorBoy those quads are impressive :icon_wink:

Ain't they though ... :icon_mrgreen: ... :icon_lol:

gatekeeper53
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
250,000 in 3 days. lol Lord those things go through wu's like corn through a goose. Once you get through frying all the competition in ABC it would be nice if you could point a couple at Tanpaku for a bit. Right now Mitch and a couple of others are holding of a challenge to our second place there. Always impressive. Oh Danish if you would like to see one of the few people that can give PB a race he's got a few systems in Tanpaku. Lunarcom is still pushing out over 23K a day I would guess it's just a maintaince jesture. Of course I'm sure that unlike PB he doesn't own his systems they are from a school or his employer.

Danish Dynamite
01-07-2008, 05:34 PM
congrats to poorboy for regaining first place in abc

ps no need to be sorry, i guess i will just have to get some b3 stepping phenoms when they become available lol

AQUAJOE
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Sheez with PB over here I could move my core on to something else.

Nice PB.

Nflight
01-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Yea AquaJoe there is currently a good showing on ABC@home! With you, Danish Dynamite, and PoorBoy we are moving up the ranks pretty quickly. If you feel like working on more then one project at a time you could also help out on the Tanpaku push. Not requesting, just mentioning we have two upward pushes going at the same time. :icon_wink:

Danish Dynamite
01-08-2008, 02:53 AM
well i am happy to say that we are 12th by rac and 24th by points and with formula bonic we are in 4th place getting us 5 points, as for team standings (points) we will not have any movements for about a week or so, with formula boinc it seems to be about the same story

Bubben
01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I´m rejoining this project!

Got some very heavy Wu:s at poem@home (18-24 hours)...:-(

Nflight
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Now is when I wish I had more then the fleet of boxes that I do, I need more!
Kind of like a drug user, I need a fix, fix me up with a couple of Quads and I will be alright!:-(

vaughan
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I´m rejoining this project!

Got some very heavy Wu:s at poem@home (18-24 hours)...:-(

I agree Bubben. Gee I hate long running tasks. :icon_twisted:
I had a batch that were all about an hour then got some monsters downloaded. Sort of upset the flow of points.

Nflight
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM

I went back to that store I have never been too, I asked the guy if he still had the display piece for that cheap price of $1750 and he said yes! I then asked to see it for myself. He said it was a ploy to get people in the door, he explained (with me gritting my teeth as I held back my anger as I was about to choke the living Sh*t out of him). The case had just about nothing in it, there was a mb screwed in with one screw, there was one CPU on the board not two, there was nothing else, no PS, no Video, no Sound, no nothing. I had to refrain from reaching over and strangling the SoB (not the project). He talked it up, I chewed him out loudly so all patrons in the store could here me, I proceeded to make him literally cry in front of all of us patrons. I explained my background, and his willingness to deceive what could be a well worthy business is now being shelved. BY the end of the month I bet he will not have any business and be removing himself from the mall. BYE Idiot! Good Riddance. Just too make sure he leaves this area I will be returning and walking through his store telling people of the horrible actions he took to deceive myself and others! People Like this should not be in business, honesty gets you to the top of your game, deception gets you employed by someone else! :icon_mad:

Frederic Brillouet
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I went back to that store I have never been too, I asked the guy if he still had the display piece for that cheap price of $1750 and he said yes! I then asked to see it for myself. He said it was a ploy to get people in the door, he explained (with me gritting my teeth as I held back my anger as I was about to choke the living Sh*t out of him). The case had just about nothing in it, there was a mb screwed in with one screw, there was one CPU on the board not two, there was nothing else, no PS, no Video, no Sound, no nothing. I had to refrain from reaching over and strangling the SoB (not the project). He talked it up, I chewed him out loudly so all patrons in the store could here me, I proceeded to make him literally cry in front of all of us patrons. I explained my background, and his willingness to deceive what could be a well worthy business is now being shelved. BY the end of the month I bet he will not have any business and be removing himself from the mall. BYE Idiot! Good Riddance. Just too make sure he leaves this area I will be returning and walking through his store telling people of the horrible actions he took to deceive myself and others! People Like this should not be in business, honesty gets you to the top of your game, deception gets you employed by someone else! :icon_mad:
You're kidding us right?

I already thought a dual q6600 would be impossible though.

mitchellds
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
heh heh, that was the first clue, I wasnt going to say anything.

Brucifer
01-08-2008, 07:12 PM
uhmmm..... the old bait and switch game huh???

PoorBoy
01-08-2008, 09:36 PM
heh heh, that was the first clue, I wasnt going to say anything.

Same here, I hadn't heard anything about a Dual Q6600 Motherboard, I'd jump on a few of them in a second if they were available ... :)

Nflight
01-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Something to Oogle at, drool over you might say!

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=611545&st=0

Then More Eye candy:

http://www.hothardware.com/News/Intel_Skulltrail_Motherboard_Sneak_Peek/

For those thirsty for the Impossible 2 Q6600's on one mother board... :icon_mrgreen:

Soon Gentleman very very soon!

mitchellds
01-09-2008, 01:21 AM
yup I know you would Poorboy :icon_wink:

Me to. I thought about building a 8 core intel dual 771 cpu pc, but the cost is way to much for the return. I'd just build another 2 q6600 setups instead. OC'ing usually stinks on these dual 771 boards also.

They are getting crazy near 5 ghz oc'ing speeds out of that new 45nm quad intel cpu. Very tempting, but 1k a cpu is way to much for me without a sponsor. :rolleyes:

PoorBoy
01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
I thought about building a 8 core intel dual 771 cpu pc, but the cost is way to much for the return. I'd just build another 2 q6600 setups instead. OC'ing usually stinks on these dual 771 boards also.

I looked into the same things but like you say the expense is to much when you have to foot the bill yourself. The way it is now it's much cheaper to just build 2 Intel Quad Core Pc's than it is to build a single 8 Core.

Nflight
01-10-2008, 02:25 AM
http://www.tgdaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=18&Itemid=41&slideshow=200706071

Can you say ridiculous

Bubben
01-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Poorboy:

How many pendings do you have?

I hope abc@home will reach the 25% done at the end of the year at least..:-)

PoorBoy
01-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Poorboy: How many pendings do you have?

About 100,000 or so ... :icon_mrgreen: ... and climbing every day ... :icon_rolleyes: