PDA

View Full Version : DC Project Positions

Ototero
08-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Suggestion.

I've seen this on other teams pages, a screen showing their position within all DC projects.

Here is one I've just put together. It would probably only need updating weekly or even monthly.

What say you all? Should it be included in our menu?

http://www.geocities.com/ototero/amd/amd_users_position.html

vaughan
08-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Good idea. We used to have one that shnal created. It obtained its data from the DC Repository. When DCR closed down the stats page became useless.

Ototero
08-10-2004, 01:28 PM
I just visited each stats page in turn. Not bad if it's monthly, a bit time consuming if it's weekly.

When I got to Grid Org page, I found myself there in my OWN team!

I started there in 2001. I've now changed my details over to AMD Users.

I hope my stats will follow, 'cos then I'll be in 4th place, haha.

vaughan
08-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Sorry to tell you they don't.

Ototero
08-10-2004, 02:11 PM
As site admin,

Do you want me to create the page at the start of every month?

You could then either link to my page or copy the source into amd users.

Jeff
08-10-2004, 02:14 PM
That would be great. Later on, I'll try adding the stats to the main page.

Empty_5oul
08-10-2004, 08:52 PM
that looks kool and im impressed.
the finishing touch would be to creat it like the XML stats so they update themselves but i guess that would be kinda complex - 4 now it'll have to be done by hand.
looks gd tho and i like the overall style

Beerknurd
08-10-2004, 11:56 PM
That is a cool idea..... :!:

Ototero
08-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Our team in Predictor has gone.

When it was originally deleted Chuck re-created it. But that has now gone.

I take it that are are going to put it back and re-join it????

Empty_5oul
08-11-2004, 09:44 AM
i know the team had gone but it was re-created and i had re-joined this new team. some others had aswell but it was still quite small (maybe 20 members max), i have just checked the predictor site and the team has gone again. i know there was a mixup as the original name didnt have a space (AMDusers / AMD Users) or somehting like that - but a prob this minor isnt worth deleting the team for as it doesnt really matter.

i can re-create it as u said ototero, but is it worth it atm ??

Empty_5oul
08-11-2004, 09:50 AM
i have tried getting other DC projects to work but here i can only seem to get BOINC to work. i have tried lifemapper and D2ol as well as some others but nothing will work.

Therefore as not to waste CPU time i have been running predictor solidly for at least last 48hours and experienced no probs.
Also now on the predictor site under current progress it seems they are making progress. many of the original probs have been fixed and now new account creation is allowed.
just thought this was worth mentioning

oli

Ototero
08-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Ok,

For those us left :), check out the amended DC Positions page.

It's a little more automated than the last one.

[Web site removed, it's now hosted here]

Lets have your opinions please.

vaughan
08-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Looking better Stuart. Does it take much time to check all the team stats?

Ototero
08-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Only 5 minutes. I've got firefox to automate the fetching of all results.

Except seti, we are so far down, the seti board can't find us. :cry:

EDIT

If anyone is doing a project that isn't in the list, please let me know.

END EDIT

Ototero
08-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Here are my thoughts.

After checking out the stats in this forum, as an unofficial policy, we put our resources on any DC project that goes into the red.

A lot of teams will fight to gain a place, once secured, they will move to another project.

If we act re-actively, we will retake any place lost, but maybe lose another one elsewhere.

It's all big big cycle. As each team has a relatively fixed number of mips, they will hover around a point in each project varying only slightly.

Phew. I'm not typing that much ever again. :)

Empty_5oul
08-11-2004, 10:45 AM
yep that sounds kool.
i think that would work and am definatley up for giving it a try but ill need to get the other projects working here first lol :P. **if we do that the majority of ppl will need EVERY project we run though for maximum processing power. - but it's worth trying :thumbleft:

vaughan
08-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Those are good thoughts and it sounds awfully like a plan to me. Anybody else want to comment, express an opinion in favour (favor) or in opposition, or otherwise come up with a plan?

Ototero
08-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Hey guys,

I'm only trying to get my message count up ;) ;) :roll: :roll:

Empty_5oul
08-11-2004, 11:02 AM
i think i need to improve mine quicker thanu need to. Not long now and ill be a normal or senior member lol, maybe a while actually only on about 60ish.

just looking in predictor at the stats for AMD users, whats up with them
total credit 13 ???? our total jsut us 3 is like 8,000 ish ?????

Ototero
08-11-2004, 11:07 AM
That's great.

We've move up 66 places :shock:

Empty_5oul
08-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Ototero did i show u the finished logo.
i think it looks quite kool but the logo is kinda squashed up in the corner
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/predictor/stats.php?userID=87

Empty_5oul
08-11-2004, 11:17 AM
anyway i forgot to mention.
i was tlking to BC bout it a few days ago and together we made some quite kool logo's. he said he wanted a bigger one so i made these 4 times the size 1200*368 or something. they are bout 300k each and take 5secs ish on 512k (bb) connection
these are the URL's if ur interested and wanna take a look, when u mazimise them they look good and anti-analised.
http://www.stenroy.com/~ftpoliver/BC.png
http://www.stenroy.com/~ftpoliver/BC2.png
http://www.stenroy.com/~ftpoliver/BC3.png
http://www.stenroy.com/~ftpoliver/BC4.png
http://www.stenroy.com/~ftpoliver/BC5.png

Ototero
08-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Yes, a shame the text is not more configurable

But I prefer my own :lol:

http://boinc.mundayweb.com/predictor/stats.php?userID=43

Ototero
08-12-2004, 09:55 AM
More stats here:

vaughan
08-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Wow, 200th in Predictor. Long way from the heady days of 6th or whatever it was. At least we are improving in this project.

Ototero
08-12-2004, 10:37 AM
This morning, when AMD Users was done :evil: , I was looking around this morning, when I found BECL was in our Predictor team. 2 hours later he was gone again.

Ototero
08-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Here's the latest positions.

Grid and Predictor will be updated later.

Empty_5oul
08-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Ototero ur doing a gr8 job with ur stats page.
i dont know who manages the site now but i reckon it should be put under the statistics button <------.
where it changes colour depending if we move up/down etc does it automatically do that or do u have to manually edit the cell colour ??

Ototero
08-16-2004, 12:29 PM

The whole process is manual but it only takes 5 mins start to finish (including the colour changes)

I intend only to keep 7 colums using fifo.

jlangner
08-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Great job. BTW if you add the total credits of our members in Predictor, the Team is still not getting credit for all of our work.

Empty_5oul
08-16-2004, 03:59 PM
i was on the predictor site yest b4 it went down and there were warnings of server re-boot and more drastic measures so recently processed work units may not recieve credit. this wont affect me as i havent processed WU's for predictor since at least 7 days.
i guess this could be the problem with the stats appearing wrong as we think we have the credit but it is only pending not actual "gained" credit - saying this pending credit doesnt add to ur total until it is granted :S.
i think it is there server problems doing it tho

Ototero
08-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Latest positions plus an enhancement requested by Jeff.

Where my link to this page :?: :evil: ;)

vaughan
08-17-2004, 07:57 AM
Page link added, sorry for the delay. :oops:

Click on Web Links button then Alternative Stats then its the 8th one down: Ototero's stats

:shock:

Ototero
08-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks Vaughan. Looks good.

vaughan
08-17-2004, 09:02 AM
I could move it up from 8th if I renamed it AMD Users stats . Thoughts?
Also, I'll ask Jeff how to get it on the home page - more direct. I looked but couldn't navigate my way there easily. Found something promising but chickened out as I didn't want to stuff up the Home page.
V

Ototero
08-17-2004, 09:12 AM
How about on the right in or near "Our project goals"

I'm on holiday from tomorrow so there will no more updates until Sept 1st :cry:

Empty_5oul
08-17-2004, 10:59 AM
thats a gd idea having the points there aswell.

atm ototero when u update it do u do it in excel or something and then upload it to web or do it all online.
** a while ago my dad created an online calender, basically it was a table which was uploaded to the web, when it was online you could click in any of the boxes and edit the text, then save it - i dunno how u update urs but i could adapt my dads thing for us - a logon is needed to edit it but anyone can view it, therefore other members could update it so all the pressure wouldnt be on u, and when u go on hols it wouldn't matter

oli

Ototero
08-17-2004, 11:11 AM
I do mine online or offline, both easy for me.

Do have a go at your dads method. Would be good if select bunch of people could update in situ.

Might be something I could learn as well

Empty_5oul
08-17-2004, 12:13 PM
k, for some reason i cant get it to display now, but l8r when i get my dads logon i will PM u (ototero) with it so u can see what i meen - then ill have a go at editing it so it suits our needs.

how many columns do u plan on having on ur table (wide i meen) a the past 5 days??

Empty_5oul
08-17-2004, 12:23 PM
just another thing/suggestion

in ur table yo could also have the next person below us so we could see how tight we are, allowing members to easily see which project they should be running to maintain our positions. You wouldnt have to update this as often but i reckon it owuld be a gd idea - i know its like double the wk then tho??

Ototero
08-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Oli,

That can be done, but it would be a bit difficult when done manually.

In the mean time, here's a bit of fun between us and the Ninjas

http://www.geocities.com/ototero/amd/amd_users_team_ninja.html

Empty_5oul
08-17-2004, 01:25 PM
so were slightly ahead then. w000000

thats gd, i know what u meen but tbh i check predictor, D2ol, SOB everyday and as i add other projects to my repatouir (spelling) i would check those. also when we go on a project drive we could add the team above us and theri points/output. I'll look in to finding a way to have these update themselves much like the tags do - there WILL be something similar

Keith75
08-17-2004, 04:20 PM
I have always thought it was kinda confusing to have the project stats links under the "DC Projects" button. Shouldn't that be called DC Stats?

Keith

Ototero
08-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Thanks Jeff,

The position is great. I'll try to keep it updated even though I'll be on holiday in Manila for the next 2 weeks :D :D

Beerknurd
08-17-2004, 11:27 PM
How about on the right in or near "Our project goals"

I'm on holiday from tomorrow so there will no more updates until Sept 1st :cry:

There will be no holiday for you. You must keep our stats going. I want them updated every hour. If you have problems with every hour, then I want them every 30 minutes. :twisted:

You got that?????

I'm a bad liar..... :roll:

Skuzz
08-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Ototero,

Stats page looks great. The predictor stats that you are show is sorted on Recent Average Credit. If you sort it on Total Credit we are around 140. I think this is a better indication of our overall rank. Thoughts?

Skuzz

Beerknurd
08-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Did Stuart already leave???

Ototero
09-01-2004, 08:07 AM
New stats available. Time to catch up on everything.

Empty_5oul
09-01-2004, 10:53 AM
stats r looking gd.
have to see how MORI gets on with creating an autoupdating one - i dunno if uve read that post ototero but i image u have been through some of the boards/posts

Ototero
09-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Yes, I've been through the post now. I saw that Mori was looking into doing an auto updating stats page if he could. Great if he can.

Empty_5oul
09-01-2004, 04:20 PM
yep, will ease the pressure from you.
i had a look at doing that thing i was on about so you could update it online much like a form, if Mori could do his thing it would be better and when its there and working id like to look at the script and try adding the next team above us so we could see how much we needed to increase our position.

Beerknurd
09-02-2004, 02:33 AM
Mori hasn't been on in a while... I think we overloded him with projects... Between the stat updates and the SOB signatures, i'm hoping he hasn't gone crazy....

Ototero
09-03-2004, 07:53 AM
New flash

Stats update, get your stats update, latest news, get your stats update here.

End news flash

Beerknurd
09-03-2004, 11:54 PM
New flash

Stats update, get your stats update, latest news, get your stats update here.

End news flash

LOL your a dork..... :lol: J/K

Ototero
09-04-2004, 05:21 PM
I did take a dork test, I'm a semi-dork :lol: :lol:

Beerknurd
09-04-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm a dork too... I'll admit that...

Ototero
09-06-2004, 07:15 AM
Stats update.

Does anyone want hyper-links to the stats pages on each DC project :?:

Beerknurd
09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
you can, but there's already a link's in the DC Projects menu on the left. But it would be cool to have everything on one page.

vaughan
09-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Only if its easy to do. I wonder where Mori went? I was looking forward to some more stats.

Beerknurd
09-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Me too. I wonder if he got overwhelmed. Is he running any projects. Can anyone tell?

Ototero
09-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Funny, I was wondering about Mori as well, perhaps he's on holiday.

I'll do the HLs when I'm at work :roll: , no sense in wasting good private time.

Beerknurd
09-06-2004, 06:58 PM
That's excellent Stuart. Your doing a great job!!!!!

Ototero
09-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Looking at our stats today, it seems we are running 13 dc projects.

No wonder we can't put together a concerted effort on 1 project. Although we did ok on d2ol recently, and not too bad on sob. We are spread quite thin.

Also, there is a distinct lack of posters at the moment. Maybe theere isn't much to say!

Good job Beerknurd has verbal diarrhea or there would be nowt to read.

Even I'm guilty of a slow down. Can't think of anything to say.

vaughan
09-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks for updating the stats each day Stuart. In a way its good to see that we have a presence in many projects as I see this as a way of attracting new people to our site. We certainly gets lots of visitors. I noticed Carlos was visitng yesterday. Haven't seen the twins however - I wonder how the hextuple superoverclocked AMD secret CPUs are doing in Predictor these days? Speaking of which, I haven't been able to get any work in either Predictor or Seti, thus reinforcing my lack of confidence in the BOINC system.

Skuzz
09-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Thought I read where predictor was going to be down until at least the middle of the month while they upgraded to BOINC 4. I haven't been to the site lately. Anybody heard different?

AMDave
09-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Our position keeps going down but we don't get any Wu's.
Go figure.

Ototero
09-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Here is what people are currently running (Admins, please remove if you consider this unsuitable)

Find-a-Drug.........ahab
D2OL..................AMDave
Grid Org.............AMDave
17 or Bust...........Beerknurd
17 or Bust...........bigmanwhs
Dpad..................Brian Sogard
17 or Bust...........bwhite
F at H..................bwhite2
Dist Folding.........Chaz
Dpad..................Chaz
Predictor.............Chaz
Chess Brain.........Chaz
17 or Bust...........chaz32
Dist Folding..........Cristiano
TSC....................daddygeek
F at H..................Drago-AU
Find-a-Drug.........elez
D2OL..................Empty_5oul
17 or Bust...........Empty5oul
D2OL..................endevour
Dist Folding.........eyoung100
Predictor.............hanske
17 or Bust...........Havayoth
Predictor.............hawklord
Find-a-Drug.........janet
D2OL..................jdodgen
Predictor.............jim jones
17 or Bust...........jlangner
D2OL..................jlangner
TSC....................jlangner
17 or Bust...........Joey2034
Zeta...................Jörn Tschersich
D2OL..................kdw75
Dist Folding.........keithw1975
17 or Bust...........keithw1975
TSC....................keithw1975
F at H..................keithw1975
D2OL..................ken_Twobrotherssoftware
Ubero..................lccdjp
Grid Org..............mike orwick
Grid Org..............morfeus630
Dist Folding..........Mori
Seti....................Morwirck
Dist Folding.........n0j
Dist Folding.........None
Seti...................ototero
17 or Bust..........ototero
D2OL.................ototero
Grid Org.............ototero
TSC...................Petrel_PT2
Zeta..................Phillip Jarre
F at H.................Raymond_Gray
LifeMapper.........Sciurus Vulgaris
17 or Bust..........skuzz
Predictor...........skuzz
Chess Brain.......Slawomir Malusecki
17 or Bust..........smiller1000
17 or Bust..........spjeff69
Dnet..................Stim
17 or Bust..........Stim
Dist Folding........vaughan
Grid Org............vaughan
17 or Bust..........vaughan
Chess Brain.......vaughan
F at H................vaughan
D2OL.................vaughan
Ubero................vaughan
EON..................vaughan

vaughan
09-10-2004, 02:01 PM
No problem as far as I'm concerned Stu. It doesn't show that I've been trying to run BOINC Predictor (I know, masochist) and Seti but cannot get work in Predictor and cannot attach in Seti. Go figure. Also I've been running a Find-a-Drug mega molecule for days now (34.59% 105 hits) but its on part-time shifts now as I wanted to put more effort in to D2OL.

Ototero
09-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Who are some of these guys? Not that I'm complaining, the more the merrier.

But why don't they visit this site and post anything?

Empty_5oul
09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
there are olny a few ppl in that list who dont often visit the site. most ppl are on here at least once a week if not every day.

talking of predictor i have had probs aswell, i dont know how boinc 4 (maybe diff. number - new one anyway) will compare. also i notice climate prediction has added and become part of boinc now. i dont know if any other projects have plans for this but it would seem sensible downloading 1 program to run all the rest. also in boinc you can equally split CPU useage, spending say 1 hour on each project or do 1 workunit form every project.

Empty_5oul
09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
a few things:

1). ototero when you update the stats tomorrow can you change todays date to 10th, atm its 9th.

2). ototero - how did you find out what every one was running, did you go through manually or are there sites like team prime ribs for 17 that show user activity :S ?

3. ototero (again) - what was that site that had good stats for predictor, i remember it looking kool but cant find it in my history now :(.

Ototero
09-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Oli,

1) Tis done (cock up by me)

2) I went all stats manuallly (nothing to do at work :roll: )

3) http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/

3 out of 3, clever me :oops:

Empty_5oul
09-10-2004, 07:07 PM
k, thx

3 out of 3 within the hour is gd :thumbleft:

**nothing to do at work. dont you do something wiht computers anyway ??

Ototero
09-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Yeah, IT consultant and Software developer (on mainframes)

Beerknurd
09-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Verbal diarrhea huh..... I believe that I do have the most posts out of everyone.... I should get some kind of award..... Perhaps all of you could pitch in and buy me an AMD..... "hint..hint" :lol:

Ototero
09-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Jason, I'm out-stomping you SoB :rightfighter5:

You won't catch me now......

Beerknurd
09-18-2004, 12:11 PM
I was doing some work on my PC 's yesterday. I stopped runniing SOB for now.......

Rajagra
03-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Who are some of these guys?I'm Raymond Gray! I took the simple approach when choosing a F@H username. :D

But why don't they visit this site and post anything?Been meaning to, but keep getting distracted by your walking girl picture.
In fact I started running F@H when I saw it was being pushed by Google. But Google's version stopped working for a while, so I started running the command line version and chose a new team. I'm an AMD user, so I thought this team'll do.
I was flying up the AMD Users F@H rankings until the likes of DMMc and chaz started putting more effort in LOL.

NeoGen
03-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Hey, welcome aboad Raymond!

Feel free to post more often if you got any doubts or just wanna talk about something. We're a competitive but friendly team. :)

And don't let the big crunchers intimidate you. They're spread among several projects so they can't keep it up on every single one of them. Focus on a project and you got a chance to reach the top :)

Ototero
03-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Finally Raymond,

My walking girl attracted a punter ;)

Welcome. I think you'll like it here.