PDA

View Full Version : Sex and Computers

Bender10
08-25-2007, 02:38 PM
That got your attention.

I got to thinking (and took 2 aspirin) the other day when I referred to my computers as 'Lads'. Most people refer to Cars as 'she's a great car...'. Boats also used to get the female persona attached. In these days of PC (not personal computer you nitwit), What gender is correct for computers?

I thought and pondered (more aspirin please).

I see no reason that computers cannot be female. We give them an attractive case (clothes). A smokin' dual rail power supply (legs). The OS of my choice (looks). A couple of nice SATA's (you figure it out). The best cpu available (and smart too).

From my wife's perspective, a male computer would have a durable case (clothes). The biggest power supply on earth (to create hot air). The fastest cpu you can buy with a 2nd morgage (to create more hot air). The biggest HD available (Hmmm). The fastest memory known to mankind (to generate more hot air??).... You see where this is going..:rolleyes:..(There should be Beer and Chips in here someplace, still working on that...)

Back to reality.....

I finally stumbled on my reason for having a few 'Lads' around the house....

First thing, my wife calls my Lads, 'those stupid things'.
Second, is that telling my wife I'm going down into the dungeon to 'Check on the girls' (Hmmm), has a strange ring to it....

So to round out that logic (and maintain some kind of household harmony), going into the dungeon to check on my 'stupid things', they must be male.

What do you think.....:dontknow:

Frederic Brillouet
08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
That got your attention.

I got to thinking (and took 2 aspirin) the other day when I referred to my computers as 'Lads'. Most people refer to Cars as 'she's a great car...'. Boats also used to get the female persona attached. In these days of PC (not personal computer you nitwit), What gender is correct for computers?

I thought and pondered (more aspirin please).

I see no reason that computers cannot be female. We give them an attractive case (clothes). A smokin' dual rail power supply (legs). The OS of my choice (looks). A couple of nice SATA's (you figure it out). The best cpu available (and smart too).

From my wife's perspective, a male computer would have a durable case (clothes). The biggest power supply on earth (to create hot air). The fastest cpu you can buy with a 2nd morgage (to create more hot air). The biggest HD available (Hmmm). The fastest memory known to mankind (to generate more hot air??).... You see where this is going..:rolleyes:..(There should be Beer and Chips in here someplace, still working on that...)

Back to reality.....

I finally stumbled on my reason for having a few 'Lads' around the house....

First thing, my wife calls my Lads, 'those stupid things'.
Second, is that telling my wife I'm going down into the dungeon to 'Check on the girls' (Hmmm), has a strange ring to it....

So to round out that logic (and maintain some kind of household harmony), going into the dungeon to check on my 'stupid things', they must be male.

to me the pc is a she. if everythings fine, shes doing great, looking good and making noise (though more quiet than a girl/woman). when there's trouble, shes a bitch:icon_lol:

AMDave
08-25-2007, 05:25 PM
(There should be Beer and Chips in here someplace, still working on that...)
A silent-BEER-cooling tower.
That would be perfect.
Well....until I got thirsty. LOL
Then all the chips would get hot and then we'd need sauce or gravy.

Frederic Brillouet
08-25-2007, 05:34 PM
A silent-BEER-cooling tower.
That would be perfect.
Well....until I got thirsty. LOL
Then all the chips would get hot and then we'd need sauce or gravy.
hmm maybe you could put some beer cans on a phase change cooler :icon_lol: (should give some nice oc's as well)

Nflight
08-25-2007, 06:34 PM
.:rolleyes:..(There should be Beer and Chips in here someplace, still working on that...)

Back to reality.....maintain some kind of household harmony, they must be male.

Well this is what I think, I like the chips and salsa, a few aspirin every once and awhile are good too. I call my two; 'The Boys' and everyone in the household and friends know exactly what I am talking about. Since I have no female attached via those circular binding straps on one of your fingers. I have the "The Boys" to occupy my time. They need feeding, they need to be cured of all those virulent disease's floating around, I store them in a dark cool place, They work hard and I feed them nourishment in Electrons. Rock on Gentleman... :blob3: :blob3:

NeoGen
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
In portuguese there is not the "it", so every word has a gender associated. Cars, boats, planes, and computers are all male.

However, some of the components inside a computer are associated to the female gender... motherboards (because of 'mother' maybe?), fans (because they're noisy?), and RAM memories (err... guess females got good memory when it comes to reminding the bad things we did, don't they?) :lol:

EDIT: This thread just enlightened me on why there are no females on this Team :lol: :lol:

Strongbow
08-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd say NeoGen is right. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

If mine were Men they'd all sit around and watch the Football and get drunk and never do any work!

If mine were all Women they'd sit around and gossip about the Men on the other network and never do any work.

But if the components were gender based and mixed together then sometimes they'd actually do something quite good together and the rest of the time they'd just argue. ...and that is definitely my systems! :icon_rolleyes:

So what's Vista, LINUX and MAC OSX?