PDA

View Full Version : amdrocks.com

Beerknurd
08-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Looky what I found......

AmdRocks welcomes our newest member em99010pepe making a total of 24 registered members.
AmdRocks has a total of 240 posts (194 replies to 46 Topics)
Most users ever online was 7 on July 30 2004,3:23

Uh oh... looks like we have competition... LOL

Beerknurd
08-17-2004, 03:52 AM
Amdrocks.com member list. Any of these sound familiar????

Badone
BoneSaw
DestituteReality
em99010pepe <===== This is the only one I know.....
Faceless
fshanda
glcii
imsocliche
john
KayCee
koma
me
Ming
Murder_it
Predator
SkullHead
Spectre
tdavis
wizbones

Ototero
08-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Carlos is the only I recognise also.

Competition is good. Empty has brought some good horsepower here. Good on yer Brit :D

vaughan
08-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I recognise em99010pepe / Carlos and fshanda.
On the Forums of their site fshanda and randy48 are well known crunchers in the DC'ing comunity (especially F@H).
Its funny you know, pepe only has a 1100 MHz pc that has internet access but must spend lots of time trolling the net looking for prospects to recruit.

Ototero
08-17-2004, 08:33 AM
I've just had an email from Carlos. He's like to state that :

"I'm a member of Free-DC Team.
Regards,

Carlos"

Posted on his behalf.

Empty_5oul
08-17-2004, 10:50 AM
lol, if u look at their site - www.amdrocks.com its not that great.

At least our site looks amazing, is well updated/maintained and when ototeros score sheet is added and updates itself ours will be unbeatable.

i c amdrocks has a 17orbust account, atm there well of us but skullhead is currently doing 2.4m a day. if they get near i think we should put a few more machines on 17 to keep them at bay. -- i know atm most ppl r busy doing the same thign on D2ol but with different teams

Beerknurd
08-17-2004, 12:00 PM
This site does look alot better.... I just thought it was worth posting to let everyone know that there's another AMD team...

Empty_5oul
08-17-2004, 12:14 PM
it was a gd post, but they shouldnt bother us for a while.

Mori
08-19-2004, 05:45 PM
LoL, what a funny page :lol:

I think I created similar stuff some years ago, whe I started using FrontPage, heh.. Not a professional page.. And IkonBoard - as I see, it needs only CGI, maybe it don't use MySQL too, so they could host their page on a free host? :lol:

But this site is not much better... Using PHP-Nuke does not require great HTML/PHP knowleadge... OK, nice graphics (not finished, at least, now with buttons), but, sorry guys, nothing more..

Empty, is amdrocks in any other DC than 17?

Beerknurd
08-19-2004, 07:54 PM
I think this page is awesome.... It works very well.....

Empty_5oul
08-19-2004, 08:08 PM
i'm happy with this site, it looks gd everyhthing works and is updates regually. forums work welll etc :
"if it aint broke, dont fix it"

i dont know tbh Mori, i havent noticed AMDrocks anywhere else other than 17 but they could be.

Beerknurd
08-19-2004, 08:24 PM
I just found it amusing cause Carlos was the newest member... Even though he's on Free DC. But he can do what he wants... I do kinda miss him though....

Mori
08-20-2004, 07:50 AM
@Beerknurd
Maybe em99010pepe is switching teams very often.. And that's why? You know, join the other team and then leave...

@Beer & Empty
Works well enough, because it's PHP-Nuke powered (hey, but I think it has holes in it's security system too!), only the skin is made by admins.. Maybe even not this, maybe is somehow able to download, but I didn't see many green themes.. Did you noticed that the buttons looks badly because they are designed for light backgrounds? Thanks God that smiles are at least made for this theme...

Just a stupid question, but is there any Intel team in DC?

Empty_5oul
08-20-2004, 08:25 AM
the buttons aqre pre-made anyway. you can find them in Dreameweaver - you may need to dl updates first. IF u want different buttons i might be able to do something in flash as i can use it !!!!

Mori
08-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Heh, maybe you don't get which buttons I meant..
http://www.amdusers.com/modules/Forums/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/post.gif
http://www.amdusers.com/modules/Forums/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/reply.gif

These are standard subSilver theme buttons... And they are just playing ok with light backgrounds, as subSilver has light bg.

As we are using subSilv. with just changed CSS (right, admins?), buttons looks just UGLY - they need to be re-done to fit the theme!

Now, you know what I mean? Not the menu buttons on the left...

vaughan
08-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Ahh! Now I understand which buttons you mean.

SkullHead
08-31-2004, 05:03 AM
LoL, what a funny page :lol:

I think I created similar stuff some years ago, whe I started using FrontPage, heh.. Not a professional page.. And IkonBoard - as I see, it needs only CGI, maybe it don't use MySQL too, so they could host their page on a free host? :lol:

But this site is not much better... Using PHP-Nuke does not require great HTML/PHP knowleadge... OK, nice graphics (not finished, at least, now with buttons), but, sorry guys, nothing more..

Empty, is amdrocks in any other DC than 17?

:sleeping:

Hahahaha That was funny. :lol: You shouldn't make fun of a board that's only been around a month. That ugly board with 3 active team members has what it takes when it comes to the overall rate in SoB. :violent1:

Neighbors&#58; Overall Rate
Rank Team Name Rate &#40;cEMs/sec&#41; Team Age
18 WN4 3.05 M 257.6 days
19 Balls Clan 2.85 M 187.4 days
20 AmdRocks 2.42 M 25.2 days <-----Oops
21 AMD Users 2.38 M 630.1 days
22 Team AE 2.26 M 167.1 days

Yep the first page is FrontPage. This is the first time I ever did anything like put up a page and a board. I put it up about a month ago. And it does have Mysql. :roll: Maybe I should put it up on a free host. Not that it matters. I don't think a free or pay host will effect my score! :twisted: I appreciate the constructive critisism though! :thumbleft:

As for the members overthere, they are from the old ExtremeDC I was XL9 when it was at XDC.

Stop over at AmdRocks (http://www.amdrocks.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=698fda9ccc58bd5adfb480eeb258c23e) and tell us how bad we suck anytime.

Empty_5oul You need to put a machine on period! :P

c amdrocks has a 17orbust account, atm there well of us but skullhead is currently doing 2.4m a day. if they get near i think we should put a few more machines on 17 to keep them at bay

42 Empty_5oul 0 cEMs 0 cEMs/sec 0 cEMs/sec

vaughan
08-31-2004, 06:30 AM
Hi SkullHead. :) If my memory serves me correctly ExtremeDC had some pretty awesome firepower. :cool: Are you planning on running any other DC projects or just concentrating on out-scoring us in SOB? :?:
I don't understand setting up in competition with us when AMD Users has been around for a while but nevertheless ... each to their own. :twisted:

Empty_5oul
08-31-2004, 07:53 AM
my name in SOB is Empty5oul, cause it wouldn't work with the underscore as thats character isn't enabled in the SOB client - try typing something_something it says "invalid".
So instead i put in Empty5oul and i use that, check out my proper stats there a it better than 0 m8.

SkullHead
08-31-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi SkullHead. :) If my memory serves me correctly ExtremeDC had some pretty awesome firepower. :cool: Are you planning on running any other DC projects or just concentrating on out-scoring us in SOB? :?:
I don't understand setting up in competition with us when AMD Users has been around for a while but nevertheless ... each to their own. :twisted:

XDC did have some pretty big guns for a small team. As far as outscoring you guys in SoB, not sure where you got that idea at. I was directed to this site in response to some negative posts made here about amdrocks. Amdrocks was created as a board and team because all my dual systems run amd cpus and because there is no more XDC. Not because there was an amdusers. ;)

Not sure I understand your last statement but amdusers wasn't even a thought when I came up with amdrocks. (But if that's what you want to think) So I guess I had no thought of any competition. Like I said, I just came here to see what the negative comments were about. I'm not really sure why people think they have to dog something when they know nothing about it. But hey...to each their own... eh? :roll:

Beerknurd
08-31-2004, 07:18 PM
No one is dogging the AMD Rocks team... Just the website... But that's all in fun. It's a hell of alot better than what I could do. I just thought it was funny that one of our old members quit our team and almost immidiately joined your forums.... That's all. :cool:

Empty_5oul
08-31-2004, 07:39 PM
@ beerknurd u should have more faith in urself m8:

when we were making those graphics for predictor u said urs was crap compared, n when u put it online it looked gd

when there was a linux discussion you kept saying how u knew nothing, but u prob know some.

now ur saying u cant make a website but if u got dreameweaver or something similar you would be surprised what u could achieve.

Also i think it was u who "personalised" there SOB sig, it looked gr8. U should stop saying what u cant and would like to be able to do and show what u can do :thumbleft:

Beerknurd
08-31-2004, 08:41 PM
damn your positive.....

And i'm ok with paint shop....

But I really know crap about Linux...... :lol:

jlangner
09-01-2004, 02:13 AM
I also noticed BC or BECL don't have stats on Free DC anymore either, so he must of left them, however Carlos stats still with Free DC, at least in predictor.

ahab3333
09-02-2004, 04:17 AM
you guys like to yell at us about our problems. i was wondering how we could get better. we have some defectors and i was wondering why you left and what we could do to get some of you back and maybe gain more people. thanks

shnal
09-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Haha. You guys should have seen our own first web pages! The only thing that's the same now is the green colours! We only had 3 members at the time, Vaughan, Bruce and myself.

Give it a couple of years, if we ignore that team they could become trouble. :evil:

vaughan
09-02-2004, 09:08 AM
SH I meant why create yet another AMD team when there are already too many participating in DC. Well its a free world (in some places anyway ;) ) so have fun creating your site, managing your team and rocking your AMDs. Those duallies of yours seem to enjoy crunching SOB tasks, and I thought I read somewhere that P4s were supposed to do better than other CPUs at SOB. No offence meant. Have fun.

chaz
09-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Well, I see we're officially on their shitlist now......

Sure my old 3/4 ton chevy dont look too good either, but if ya pull out in front of me you'll learn some respect REAL fast. :D

Beerknurd
09-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Oh yea,

Well my jeep would just go right over your chevy... So there.

vaughan
09-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Oh yeh, my XR6turbo would leave you both behind in its vapor trail. ;)

Beerknurd
09-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Oh yea,

Well after you speed down the road, hit a tree and it falls on your puny little car..... I in my jeep will have to pull the tree off your car with my winch and then I will pull your mangled body from the wreckage and rush you to the hospital.Then all the lady's will say that's the cute guy in the bad ass yellow jeep who pulled that tree off that car and pulled that poor guy from his wimpy XR6turbo and rushed him to the hospital where they performed life saving surgery.

I'll be a hero. :lol:

vaughan
09-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Oh hail the Hero :)

However ... in reality, by the time your lame old clunker caught up with the accident scene my body would've started decomposing and you'd be taking me to the morgue. :evil:
I don't know how many luvly lassies work there but they certainly don't like their customers talking back at them. :roll:

Beerknurd
09-03-2004, 12:01 AM
It's not a clunker.... It's brand new....

Ototero
09-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Very funny guys.

If my 1.9 Tdi ever catches up you'll be amazed, it does 55mpg (UK gals are 20% bigger than US gals) My last diesel di nearly 400,000 miles :shock:

Beerknurd
09-03-2004, 11:52 PM
What the hell's a Tdi :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Ototero
09-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Turbo Diesel Intercooler of course silly :roll:

Beerknurd
09-04-2004, 05:33 PM
There are 2 things I know nothing about.....

Cars and Linux :lol:

I probably couldn't even change my own oil.... I did change a tire once. It took me over an hour....

Ototero
09-04-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm a jack of all trades, master of just a few :cry:

I'm good at body shots though, they cost me £3 or $5 each, a bargain :D

Beerknurd
09-04-2004, 05:39 PM
I know nothing but computers and insurance....

See, im a dork...