PDA

View Full Version : Heavy task

Lagu
10-24-2007, 12:05 AM
I ran F@H on my AMD64 and it took 7 h. 53. min and 54 sec. And I had not overclocked the computer. Before it ran at 6 hour and 5 minutes. Now I have overclocked this computer from 2,244 MHz / 204 MHz to 2310 and 210 Mxz. It is not mush but I must be careful because I have bad experience go to high.

On my Intel I have ASUS motherboard and it has a tool as I can AUTO overclock the computer whish is nice. Let se if I´m back to 6 hour when the AMD has been overclocked.

Anyone as have experience of long task running F@H?

Bender10
10-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Hello Lagu,

The wu's for FightAids@Home (FA@H) run about 6-7 hours on my 2.2-2.4 ghz AMD computers.

And the DiscoverDengueDrugs (DDDT) wu's seem to run a round 5-6 hours on the same computers.

The HumanProteinFolding wu's are up in the 9-10+ hour range.....

Lagu
10-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Bender10!

You must have something wrong with your computer. Proteome_Folding_Phase 2 takes
2 hours, 30 minutes on AMD64 and on Intel C2D it took about 2 hours. Intel is even faster running F@H.
Nevertheless, maybe it is for the Boinc platform. I use their GRID agent. Do you think it throttle down too much? GRID has a tool as is named WCG CPU Trottle Control. Their task runs normally on the lowest priority on 60%. I have set the throttle control to 99 and 100 % respectively.

Running the GRID platform means I have only F@H and Proteome to run. :)

Bender10
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Hello Lagu,

You might be right. There must be a difference between running the 2 clients (UD and BOINC).

Lagu
10-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Bender10

How about the points you gets? Good or low?

My Athlon earn for example 295 points running Proteome but Intel as is much faster gets half of that. But the Intel has run WCG at 9 days and I have 9003 in points as should give an average of 1000 per day.:)

Bender10
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM
The points are calculated differently for the UD client and the BOINC client.

I think the UD client awards more points per wu.

drezha
10-25-2007, 10:07 AM
The UD client awards 7x more points.

AMDave
10-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Yes. But if I commit work from boinc that gets multiplied by 7 and added to my UD points

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=points#178

Why does my BOINC agent show different points than the web site?
The BOINC agent and the UD agent compute points differently. In particular, BOINC points are much lower than UD points. As a result, World Community Grid multiplies the points granted to a user for a result by 7 when the statistics are imported into World Community Grid's web site. The BOINC client is not aware of this multiplication, and it thus reports the points that were granted by BOINC. so that should be a non-issue.

My point is:
If you run both WCG BOINC & WCG UD then you should be looking at your UD points total because the equivalent boinc points get added to the UD score.