PDA

View Full Version : AMD OverDrive

Bender10
11-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I downloaded this the other day. I have not played with it it. But, the software versions are CPU and OS specific.

Both packages would not load on a W2K box. The V2.10 version loaded on my xp64 box, but did not recognize any cpu's. The V2.0.7 loaded and saw my X2 5200!

It looks like the V2.10 may only work with the newer AMD cpu's listed below.

RS740(770)

RS780(780)

RD790(790X & 790FX)

I did the benchmark stuff, but have not made any try using the software to OC. Maybe later. Oh, and some of the cpu adjustments were disabled (It looked like). I don't know if it was my cpu or what?

polluxmr2
11-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I downloaded this the other day. I have not played with it it. But, the software versions are CPU and OS specific.

Both packages would not load on a W2K box. The V2.10 version loaded on my xp64 box, but did not recognize any cpu's. The V2.0.7 loaded and saw my X2 5200!

It looks like the V2.10 may only work with the newer AMD cpu's listed below.

RS740(770)

RS780(780)

RD790(790X & 790FX)

I did the benchmark stuff, but have not made any try using the software to OC. Maybe later. Oh, and some of the cpu adjustments were disabled (It looked like). I don't know if it was my cpu or what?

i saw a video from AMD on that (on youtube, [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_q_9a4zDps]) and the guy said it was for phenom cpus running a 790fx northbridge. he didn't say thats the only platform it worked on but i got the impression it was since they didn't mention how it spans chipsets and cpus.

Bender10
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Looks like you are right polluxmr2. The software will not werk with older (X2) cpu's. You can make a couple of adjustments. But nothing that will make oc any easier than changing settings in the bios.

The software (if it recognizes your cpu) will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your settings (cpu, voltage, mem...) and run a stress test for you after you have made changes to the bios. You are supposed to be able to generate reports also....

Limited use for our 'older' cpu's.....

polluxmr2
11-21-2007, 02:43 AM
Limited use for our 'older' cpu's.....

im getting a phenom once newegg actually gets them. with a 790fx mobo and some cheap video card.

so in a week or so, i should be able to make reals comments about the overdrive utility. (unless newegg doesn't get any phenoms for a while)