PDA

View Full Version : Messages

Lagu
11-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Found this message on Cosmolygys front page and L`Alliance Francophone had it in their forum as I have been watching:

News
November 22, 2007 New Milestone!
Congratulations everyone: we have entered the top 10 most active BOINC projects in the world according to BOINCstats! This is with less than 3000 users world-wide. We are Project of the Month at BOINC Synergy. Plus our top team AMDUsers are running a week-long race on Cosmology@Home! :)

I also notised some messages on France: I have used a Internet translator named PROMPT and the results is:

salut des AMD Users!
Tu salueras les AMD Users de la part de l'Alliance FRancophone !!
A tout de suite sur cosmo
Tu leurs diras aussi qu'on va les manger au petit dej
on a très très faim
tssk nous avons faim aussi, donc c'est a vous pour commencer
on vous laissera quelques miettes
Les équipes qui s'investissent sur Cosmology ont le droit Ã* de la pub sur la page d'accueil de ce projet. Il faudra s'en souvenir lors du choix du raid d'hiver de l'Alliance Francophone.

greeting of AMD Users!
You will greet AMD Users on behalf of FRENCH-SPEAKING Alliance!!
In right away on cosmos
Hushed up their will also say that they are going to eat them in the baby dej
they are very very hungry
tssk we are also hungry, therefore it is have you to begin
they will leave you some crumbs
The teams which put themselves on Cosmology have the right in of pub on the homepage of this plan. It will be necessary to remember it during the choice of the winter raid of French-speaking Alliance.

Perhaps Frederic can translate or correct it. The word "dej" could the translator not interpret.:)

PoorBoy
11-24-2007, 08:17 PM
News

Congratulations everyone: we have entered the top 10 most active BOINC projects in the world according to BOINCstats! This is with less than 3000 users world-wide. We are Project of the Month at BOINC Synergy, Free-DC, and L'Alliance Francophone, plus our top team AMDUsers are running a week-long race on Cosmology@Home!

The original News Item on the front page of the Cosmology Project has been amended to include the Free-DC & French Team, I PM'ed Benjamin @ the Project and informed him that he might want to included those 2 Teams too so that they didn't feel slighted because we were mentioned and that they weren't ... :)

It's hard to say but from the post in the French Forum it looks like they took some offense to that very News Item already ... :icon_rolleyes:

Lagu
11-24-2007, 08:38 PM
That was a good idea PoorBoy!:)

vaughan
11-25-2007, 01:12 AM
I agree too. PoorBoy is showing the skills of a Diplomat. Now I suppose being an International Team we need a Master of Diplomacy within our ranks. :)

Fredereic can you translate the text that Lagu quoted from the Alliance Francais forum?

gatekeeper53
11-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Don't look now guys but, HERE COME THE GREEN FROGS!!!! Pull the tigers tail and most of the time you get bit. lol There sure are alot of those suckers.:0) Ben is one happy camper.

Frederic Brillouet
11-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Found this message on Cosmolygys front page and L`Alliance Francophone had it in their forum as I have been watching:

News
Congratulations everyone: we have entered the top 10 most active BOINC projects in the world according to BOINCstats! This is with less than 3000 users world-wide. We are Project of the Month at BOINC Synergy. Plus our top team AMDUsers are running a week-long race on Cosmology@Home! :)

I also notised some messages on France: I have used a Internet translator named PROMPT and the results is:

salut des AMD Users!
Tu salueras les AMD Users de la part de l'Alliance FRancophone !!
A tout de suite sur cosmo
Tu leurs diras aussi qu'on va les manger au petit dej
on a très très faim
tssk nous avons faim aussi, donc c'est a vous pour commencer
on vous laissera quelques miettes
Les équipes qui s'investissent sur Cosmology ont le droit Ã* de la pub sur la page d'accueil de ce projet. Il faudra s'en souvenir lors du choix du raid d'hiver de l'Alliance Francophone.

greeting of AMD Users!
You will greet AMD Users on behalf of FRENCH-SPEAKING Alliance!!
In right away on cosmos
Hushed up their will also say that they are going to eat them in the baby dej
they are very very hungry
tssk we are also hungry, therefore it is have you to begin
they will leave you some crumbs
The teams which put themselves on Cosmology have the right in of pub on the homepage of this plan. It will be necessary to remember it during the choice of the winter raid of French-speaking Alliance.

Perhaps Frederic can translate or correct it. The word "dej" could the translator not interpret.:)

I'll translate

Hello from AMD Users (that was my post)
Say hello to the AMD Users on behalf of the AF
See you soon in cosmo
Tell them we're gonna eat them for breakfast
We are very hungry
tssk we're hungry as well, its up to you to start (again mine)
we'll leave you some leftovers
the teams that are crunching at cosmo have the right to be named in the publicity of cosmo as well. they have to rememberits the choice of AF;s winter raid

Nflight
11-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Thank you Frederic; Our diplomatic Translator!

Lagu
11-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes, I agree, we will have to be diplomatic and humble. Once again I have some new french-speaking messages:

I greet PoorBoy of AMDusers which tried to make transform the news on the site Cosmo to include {comprise} us in gratitude.
Need not to énnerver, the attention of Poorboy of AMDusers was enough fairplay I find: ask the admin to add FreeDC and AF in thanks if they are not in Raid
However the potency on plan that's true it misses it a bit: 30 000 Pts / day would at least allow not to be outdistanced
As for amdusers: " AF can take back{resume} the first place when we wants " then they know definitely that they are in no way thoroughly :)

PoorBoy
11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
It actually wasn't a Compromise on the Cosmology Project or Ben's part to include the Free-DC & French Team in the News Item, Ben explained that he just didn't know that those 2 Teams were having the Project as their Project of the Month & thanked me for informing him of that fact.

In my haste to fire off a PM to him I forgot to mention to him about the boing boing Team having some sort of contest or race at the Project too ... :icon_redface:

Lagu
11-25-2007, 09:59 PM
À vous de l `le FRANCOPHONE d'Alliance!

Comme vous comprenez, nous n'avions aucun contrôle sur que le gars de Cosmologie avait mis leur première page. J'étais curieux que votre réaction devrait être et donc j'avais traduit quelques messages. Pourtant, il était dans une manière sympathique de ne pas provoquer n'importe quel mal. Nous Ã* l'intérieur AMDusers ont un grand respect pour votre équipe et nous n'imaginons jamais que nous sommes plus grands que le Francophone l´Alliance. Nous sommes une petite équipe mais nous voulons faire tout le possible. Nous sommes une équipe internationale et avons notre coeur sur de différents endroits c'est-Ã*-dire notre patriotisme n'est pas aussi grand comme une équipe comme le fait de représenter leur propre pays.
Nous sommes nos amis même si nous sommes des concurrents et je crois que votre équipe le comprend. Je regrette que nous ne puissions pas nous comprendre mais l'utilisation de différentes langues le rendent difficile.
J'ai remarqué que votre forum est grand et très professionnel et c'était un plaisir font une visite.:icon_thumright:

J'espère que cette traduction est relativement correcte. J'ai et l'Interprète appelé comme est PRÉCISÉMENT libre depuis 30 jours et est chargé comme un dossier Ã* 50 mégaoctets. Il sort se comment il travaille.

Paix Lagu:)

To you from l`Alliance FRancophone!

As you understand, we had no control over what the guy of Cosmology had put on their front page. I was curious what your reaction should be and therefore I had translated some messages. However, it was in a friendly manner not to cause any harm. We inside AMDusers have a great respect for your team and we never imagine we are greater than l´Alliance Francophone. We are a small team but we want to try our best. We are a international team and have our heart on different places I.E. our patriotism isn’t as great as a team as representing their own country.
We are our friends even if we are competitors and I believe your team understands that. I wish we could understand each other but using different languages make it difficult.
I noticed your forum is great and very professional and it was a pleasure do a visit.

I hope this interpreting is relatively correct. I have and Interpreter named PROMPT as is free for 30 days and is downloadable as a file at 50 megabytes. It is exiting se how it works.

Peace Lagu :)

Robrouge
11-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Hello crunchers http://www.miniteam-xtc.org/team/forum/Smileys/ipb/hello.gif

I read and understand your message and we did not offend. We thank PoorBoy and you Lagu for your communication efforts with us. We respect your team also, you have a lot of powers on Cosmology but we try to be not too far behind yourself. This is "just for fun" as you say, the important thing is to help the research together.

Again a thing, we have not in AF team a project of the month (potm) but we observe the graphs on Boincstats to see classifications and we act consequently.

Good crunch and respect to you :)

I hope this interpreting is relatively correct too :icon_wink:

Robrouge

PoorBoy
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Again a thing, we have not in AF team a project of the month (potm) but we observe the graphs on Boincstats to see classifications and we act consequently.

:hello: ... Hello there Robrouge & Greetings from the entire AMD Users Team ... :icon_thumright:

I didn't think the AF Team had a Project of the Month either, but since you guys are in and out of the project so much and this month were running it a little harder it seemed I made mention of it to Ben at the Project that it might be a good idea to include your Team too on the Front Page ... :)

Lagu
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Robroque, thank you for your kind words. I see you are a real gentleman.:icon_thumright::)