PDA

View Full Version : Support on 17 Team Drive

Empty_5oul
08-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Just wanna thank everyone who has switched or put some power into SOB.
looking at the stats yesterday we processed 1.33 terabytes, so we are now only 40 terabytes away from Free DC and taking 16th place. Also Free DC only managed to process 162 gig yesterday so we are definatley catching them a lot. I reckon if we keep this pace up or can improve to processing 1.5 T/day we could catch them in 30 days exactly :
(30days @ 1.5T = processing 42T.)

Beerknurd
08-24-2004, 11:26 AM
I say let's do it!!!!!

WienerDog
08-24-2004, 11:27 AM
well ive got every gigahertz i own goin on it so im played out.......'course if i stop playing Doom3 for a couple a days it might help :lol:

Beerknurd
08-24-2004, 11:34 AM
LOL.... We can't expect you to do that.... Doom 3 is priority!!!!!

WienerDog
08-24-2004, 11:39 AM
thanx Beer i knew you'd understand :walk:

bwhite
08-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Just wanna thank everyone who has switched or put some power into SOB.
looking at the stats yesterday we processed 1.33 terabytes, so we are now only 40 terabytes away from Free DC and taking 16th place. Also Free DC only managed to process 162 gig yesterday so we are definatley catching them a lot. I reckon if we keep this pace up or can improve to processing 1.5 T/day we could catch them in 30 days exactly :
(30days @ 1.5T = processing 42T.)

:D :D :D

Beerknurd
08-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks to Mori, you can update your sig to green...

bwhite
08-25-2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks to Mori, you can update your sig to green...

Cool!!! Very Nice.

Beerknurd
08-25-2004, 02:12 AM
I like it alot... If it's not too hard I wanna personalize it like this.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Beerknurd/Misc/Beerknurd.png

But also have the stats over it.....

WienerDog
08-25-2004, 02:27 AM
well i just had a unpleasent suprise.
we had lightning this P.M. and before i could get all my boxes shut we had a power interupt, and my ups ran out (with 5 boxes dosent take long)
turn my boxes back on when power comes back...........and all my SOB's are reset and back to zero..
as 3 of em where at 85 percent done........to say im pissed is being kind.
what,this dosent have check points???
im back to D2OL............sorry

Beerknurd
08-25-2004, 02:41 AM
That happened to me too.... Not lightning, but I had to reboot due to the installation of Windows SP2. I was like 80 % complete on 2 tests. I rebooted and all my tests went to 0%. I don't use curse words all that much, but I sure blerted a few out when that happened.... It still makes me mad. But from now on no matter what happens.... I am not restarting Windows. I may reboot after I finish a test, but never in the middle.

Ototero
08-27-2004, 03:48 AM
I've never lost any work when shutting dowm. I just STOP, EXIT the app then shutdown. All my restarts are fine.

Beerknurd
08-27-2004, 04:00 AM
It happened again earlier today... Needless to say I'm running Ubero for a bit.... I'm fed up with SOB right now. I tried restarting the tests where I left off and It started 2 new tests.....

AMDave
09-29-2004, 06:55 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have 16th in 17 or Bust.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Congratulations All.

=D< =D< =D< =D<

Well done.

\:D/ \:D/

"NEXT PLEASE ...... "

Ototero
09-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Yeeha, as they say in Texas. Well.....maybe.

Take a look at DMMc in SoB, he's crunching @ 5M. Way to go.

Great effort by everyone. Is 15th a position too far :shock:

AMDave
09-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Yeah.

He told me he calls that "chugging" along.

Looking at the array of machines he has, I can understand his perspective.

But I am entitled to be as Jealous as H*ll.

Empty_5oul
09-29-2004, 08:24 AM
15th is about 28 terabyte away.
saying that yesterday we did over a terabyte of work compared to the 333Gig TeamBeOS managed. to reach them we need 28627Gig exactly.
yesterday and our usual average is about 1.10tera which is 1167gig. therefore we can reach them in 24 days - this becomming maybe a month after they realise and try to stop us.

i think we should hav an overall vote but while we have members who are already pushing over a meg a day it seems a shame not to take 15th aswell. - also if we got a few more people back eg beerknurd and wienerdog who both did a meg a day we should chop a few days off and suceed even quicker

Ototero
09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Beer,

Did you just delete a new thread????

I was about to reply to it saying "Yes, we've been celebrating all morning".

But now I can't :cry:

AMDave
09-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Crickey !!!!
DMMc is up to 29th spot . We have a screamer.

With Chaz and vaughan already up in the top orders it's hard for someone like me to get much of an idea what a real WU-pump can do.

DMMc is giving a demo right now in 17 or Bust.
Now spewing out 5 M cEMs/sec

David.

I have decided.
I am no longer going to wave as you "chug" past, after all.

The wind sheer might just rip me flamin' arm orf !

I am both humbled and impressed, Sir.

DMMc
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
:oops:
Shucks....Now you've gone and got me all flummoxed.
When you can pull from a number of systems at once it helps. Have to back things off during busness hrs tho and fire it higher at night.

Side not tho. Tried the WinXP 64 OS with the SoB client for it and I saw a doubling of performance . I think that if M$ ever gets it right and can get vendors to put the drivers out for it then sheer processing power is going to be alot easier to maintain without constant tweaking at the user end.

Empty_5oul
09-29-2004, 04:55 PM
looking at the stats for 17, i notice afew people have minus numbers as a production ??
i understand this in case of the averages as if you dont run it then it becomes minus but chaz has it as an hourley rate http://marcc.no-ip.org/SoB/User.php?User_ID=3569.

any explenation ??

just testing my new sig :O

doesnt seem to work atm ?? :S

DMMc
09-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Going to put a few more systems on this thru the weekend to get us a better lstart to the next place. Good Idea...no?

Keith75
09-30-2004, 12:37 AM
DMMC,

So you are using XP 64-bit on a regular basis? What do you use the machines for and would you recommend it or are there still alot of problems?

Keith

DMMc
09-30-2004, 02:08 AM
Right now I'm just testing for compatibility issues with software we run regularly. Running by itself or with limited programs it’s great, but still way too many bugs and not enough drivers for needed hardware to use exclusively where it can be.

I'm Net Admin for a Not for profit so our systems are used for business apps and the like. We also do our own web design and are beginning to do video editing for in house and client training. We also have a document scanning department that converts paper to digital for long term storage on both CD & DVD..

AMDave
09-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Soul man.

I think you're going to need to rework that calculation with the new production rate.
As a whole we are now pushing through 20M cEMs/sec, thanks to increased contributions from several members.

AMDave
09-30-2004, 04:24 AM
David,

I forgot to add this before we miss it....

HI ! :hello2:

BYE ! :notworthy:

Beerknurd
09-30-2004, 04:32 AM
Increased contributions by me..........

But mostly David.... :lol:

AMDave
09-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Yes Beer !
Thanks for jumping back in.

I was not going to say who had upped their contributions, but was trying to be circumspect.

DMMc has given the rate a really big boost.
You will also see that vaughan and chaz are pushing up a bit more
Beer (our man on the outside) has returned from the wilderness.
It even looks like Jeff has the web server running a proth test
The other 10 - 12 of us who are active continue to push at our best capability

I notice that there are a couple of intermittent injections from some less regular members. Likely on modem connections like myself.

Keep it up guys.
We still need your involvement !

Empty_5oul
09-30-2004, 09:53 AM
soul man ?????

i will re-calculate this evening - i want to give the SOB official site time to refresh as they only update once a day and since the last update Dmmc has gone up a lot now beer's pushing and the rest of us are trying our best lol. hopefully SOB will do something similar for the athlon XP's maybe only 100% but that would still be enough for me lol - atm when it optimises for me i dont increase prodiction much. i have my 3200+ on LHC atm but can convert back to this if ppl want me to ??

yest we did 1.51 tera meaning we reach 30 inexactly 30 days, once the site refreshes this will increase hopefully to 1.75 as the calculations will still be easy :thumbleft: