PDA

View Full Version : Credit

mitchellds
12-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Whats going on with Cicides credit? he has the high RAC but his credit is not showing up like it should. Could it be that his credits are stuck in the quorum validation because he needs a another penguin wingman to run the same wu's, or its just way behind.

gatekeeper53
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Can't wu's be run on differing platforms? 1 on the penguin and 1 on windoze and still get validation. Like 2 roads going to St. louis both comming from different direction but the end result is the same. I think he must have a HUGE backlog of pending credit due to the fact of his turnaround time. It might be better if he extended his Q to 10 days so that others would have a chance to run some of his before he got to them. That way by the time he got to them they wouldn't be so "fresh".

cicide
12-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I only have 7K credit pending. RAC is interesting, it has a very big lag. I've been doing 60-70k a day since the start of the race, and the RAC is taking forever to get there, I just looked at it's almost 50k. Totals seem just about right to me, I started on this project on 16 Nov, and didn't really move all my systems to it until the 18th or so, and I'm close to 900k. So that sounds abour right to me.

-Chris

CarcinogenX
12-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I only have 7K credit pending. RAC is interesting, it has a very big lag. I've been doing 60-70k a day since the start of the race, and the RAC is taking forever to get there, I just looked at it's almost 50k. Totals seem just about right to me, I started on this project on 16 Nov, and didn't really move all my systems to it until the 18th or so, and I'm close to 900k. So that sounds abour right to me.

-Chris

WTF?? I do about 10-11K a day if I keep my fingers crossed but I have 11k pending (and growing) How can you have so little pending? Plus I only have 5 computers. I added a computer Friday evening and it just now received its first credit. I don't mind the lag too much but that 11k pending is really like 25-30k of credits.
ABC@home is worse though. It takes forever to get credit. I heard the guy that the runs the project there is a real stickler and hand checks all of the math with a calculator. I don't know , it's just what I heard.

mitchellds
12-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Thats good to hear Chris, I thought your point total wasn't adding up. I'm up to 12.5k of pending credit myself.

cicide
12-02-2007, 11:51 PM
WTF?? I do about 10-11K a day if I keep my fingers crossed but I have 11k pending (and growing) How can you have so little pending? Plus I only have 5 computers. I added a computer Friday evening and it just now received its first credit. I don't mind the lag too much but that 11k pending is really like 25-30k of credits.

The funny thing is this, about half of my granted credits were run by two of my machines. Does he issue different jobs for linux versus windows? Thats the only reason I could think of getting so many pairs.

-Chris

LeBo
12-03-2007, 12:49 AM
I could be wrong but I believe Linux validates Linux and Window validates Windows WUs...:)

numibesi
12-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Its not mutch but its someting..

Pending credit: 1,541.14

mitchellds
12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Good Job Numibesi,

Everyone's effort is appreciated ! :)

Its not mutch but its someting..

Pending credit: 1,541.14

PoorBoy
12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I could be wrong but I believe Linux validates Linux and Window validates Windows WUs...:)

Thats correct, but it is a lot more complicated than that with the Homogenous Redundancy used by the project. I tried to find some Post I seen some time ago on the different Class of CPU & OS's used by HR to determine which WU's went where but couldn't find it ... :icon_neutral: