WienerDog
08-28-2004, 09:26 AM
welcome to the team :toothy7:

Beerknurd
08-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!

vaughan
08-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Hi Elez, welcome aboard - what projects are you running?

jlangner
08-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Welcome!

Elez
08-28-2004, 09:41 PM
many thanks for the warm welcome :D
I am rather new to Find-a-Drug. I used to do a lot of work units for SETI but I don't believe in that project anymore. I took park in Ubero, which seems like a dead project right now. I did a little work for United Devices but now I'm only doing FAD on two Athlon 1700+ (one O.C'd to 200x9.. sometimes 200x10 ;) ).
I think I'll keep doing FAD for a while cuz it's something I believe in. I'm only doing Cancer research molecules.
I also like FAD cuz it's kinda related to my field of studies right now. I'm studying Bio-Medical Engineering in Israel in Ben Gurion University (BGU!).

You know, I actually was a member of the team in some projects I took part in... I only noticed you had a website when they fixed the link on FAD :lol:

Again, thanks for the warm welcome, folks :D
(hope you guys know some Linux cuz now I'm at that time of the year I give it a go and I always have tons of questions :roll: )

c'yall !! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

vaughan
08-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Linux runs eOn really well, much faster than Windows.

Beerknurd
08-29-2004, 12:50 PM
I know Jack Sqwat about Linux. But next semester I get to take a class on it. I'm kind of excited.

Elez
08-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Linux runs eOn really well, much faster than Windows.

ok... what's eOn? :roll:

vaughan
08-30-2004, 09:11 AM

http://eon.chem.washington.edu/whatis.php

"A common problem in theoretical chemistry, condensed matter physics and materials science is the calculation of the time evolution of an atomic scale system where, for example, chemical reactions and/or diffusion occur. Generally the events of interest are quite rare (many orders of magnitude slower than the vibrational movements of the atoms), and therefore direct simulations, tracking every movement of the atoms, would take thousands of years of computer calculations on the fastest present day computer before a single event of interest can be expected to occur, hence the name EON, which is an immeasurable period of time."

Elez
08-30-2004, 09:25 AM
wow! I was expecting something along the lines of "Electronic Online Neon" or something... :cool:

AMDave
08-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi Elez.
HowD and Welcome to the Team.

re vaughan's quote...maybe if we were to fool around enough with computer controlled experiments without paying heed to what eOn is looking at then we probably should expect an "Electronic Online Neon". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nature conceals many secrets.
AMD Users are helping to unravel them 1 clock-cycle at a time.

Beerknurd
08-30-2004, 12:06 PM

http://eon.chem.washington.edu/whatis.php

"A common problem in theoretical chemistry, condensed matter physics and materials science is the calculation of the time evolution of an atomic scale system where, for example, chemical reactions and/or diffusion occur. Generally the events of interest are quite rare (many orders of magnitude slower than the vibrational movements of the atoms), and therefore direct simulations, tracking every movement of the atoms, would take thousands of years of computer calculations on the fastest present day computer before a single event of interest can be expected to occur, hence the name EON, which is an immeasurable period of time."

WHAT?????? :lol:

Elez
08-31-2004, 07:35 AM
That was a beautiful speech, AMDave. Got me very emotional too. Maybe it's cuz I just saw this show about some mother who didn't have maternal instincts and her daughter would come to her for a hug and she'd ignore her... and I also didn't sleep tonight... so you're speech got me very emotional...
ok no it didn't... but I am tired, thus the rambling.
good day ya'll :roll:

Ototero
09-01-2004, 07:33 AM
Welcome Elez,

I've been on holiday but I'm back. If you have any Linux questions, ask Beerknurd, he's the expert :roll:

Beerknurd
09-01-2004, 11:30 AM
excuse me....... :lol:

I think it would be in everyone's best intrest if you would rephrase that statement...

Ototero
09-01-2004, 11:59 AM
OK

I've been on holiday but I'm back. If you have any Linux questions, don't ask Beerknurd, he's not the expert :roll:

Is that better, sorry about the confusion :lol:

http://sobsig.freeserverhost.net/sig.php?ototero

Elez
09-01-2004, 12:23 PM
would it be alright if I just wrote everything as statements rather than questions? ;)

edit: I'd understand if you didn't want me here anymore... haha

Ototero
09-01-2004, 12:56 PM
You can choose your own style.

Take empty_5oul for example, he writes in sms style, I prefer longhand.

Empty_5oul
09-01-2004, 04:14 PM
it depends.
when i go to college i will write properly again as in exams u cant write like this :-( . after having 4 months off tho im kinda use to writing sms/messenger style and writing thoughts as they come into my head not re-arranging them so it sounds better and makes sense.

elez, write however u want, as long as ever1 understands theres no probs. :thumbleft:

Beerknurd
09-02-2004, 02:20 AM
I feel that I must have proper grammar the whole time... I always go over my post to make sure I haven't misspelled anything... But i'm not perfect... Sometimes I miss stuff. :cry: