PDA

View Full Version : Recruiment thread

Lagu
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
In Cosmology message board is a tread as is named for “Team recruitment tread” and I can’t se we are there but other teams is creaming out their existence. Should not we be there too?

Perhaps any of you will write a “Welcome to AMDusers” message and attach our logo? :)

Nflight
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
You mean this thread? http://www.cosmologyathome.org/forum_thread.php?id=24#234

gatekeeper53
12-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I have often wondered why we aren't re[resented in these threads. Almost every project has them and I don't remember seeing us in any of them. Sounds like a job for "Super Beer"

Nflight
12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
More powerful then a Brewery, able to leap 1/2 kegs in a single bound, capable to knock over walls with his powerful belches, and yea sure he sounds like the perfect marketer of AMD Users wares. http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Food_and_Drinks/Alcoholic_Beverages/beer.gif

Beerknurd
12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Who me?????

Lagu
12-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Beerknurd, you can your language better than me so I wish another member can do it or one of our moderators. It is important we show them vi are alive and dangerous:icon_lol:

gatekeeper53
12-10-2007, 08:16 PM
No better way to increase our power than to add members!!! It's the small numbers that add up to mega-power. Some well worded and colorful adds with banners placed in the recruitment threads on all the projects would be a great way to start growing. And it's sure alot cheaper than buying systems. Not to mention some more new people would be pleasant to have around. And provide us with an even bigger knowledge base to draw from. How about it Beer your good with that kind of thing.

Nflight
12-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Beerknurd, I will give you a hand with this task, since there are more then 70 projects out there this could take some time, It would be better to illustrate one platform display for each Project, making each one the same appearance, so people know its us, and not an impostor. We may want to discuss this over a few beers in FlashChat to give us an idea of how to make this all work. :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen:

meshmar
12-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Putting a BeerBlurb in the thread might help. Another thing to consider - check out the user of the day at all of the projects you are running and see if they belong to a team. If not, send them an invite.

Steve Lux
12-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Also, just because some of us join up running a bit slow, this hobby tends to infect our minds with obscure results such as overclocking, borging and purchasing or building multiple systems for "others" with the agreement they crunch for us.

Nflight
12-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Thank you for the insight into what we need to drum up new members, this is going to take some time to write up a letter encouraging participants to quit where they are at and come with us. We do not want to infect these people with ridiculous claims of grandeur, we are just a great bunch of people who work well together from the smallest to some of the greatest people in Distributed commuting.

I was thinking about mentioning that three of our members are in the Top 100 of BOINC overall stats. Plus if this is just a sideline and feel like giving your points to a good cause we have many people here focused and dedicated to doing just that. I was hoping to get some help from our resident graphics professional Spjeff69 and his Friend who does all the exceptional graphics like the New Banner above.

Lots to think about, so many people to market this too, and the diverse group of people who rise up to the challenge yet need some direction. I would like to write up something in less then 65 words. Now the whole focus is what to write and how to say it with compassion. So please with everyone voicing there concerns I do not want to do this all by myself and so I am asking for your continued expressions posted on this forum link. Tell me what you think we should have on this advertisement!

Please Help me !