PDA

View Full Version : Find-a-Drug and Linux

Elez
08-29-2004, 03:35 AM
Hey guys!
I installed FAD on Linux and ran it... now I guess it is running cuz when I try to reload FAD, it says it's already loaded :) but is there any sort of way of checking up on it? like... I wanna know all the stuff that the windows version can tell me.
I'd apreciate your input.

Thanks,
Elez J. Shenhar

Beerknurd
08-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Sorry, I can't help you.... I know nothing about Linux.... Givve me about 6 months and I'll help you.. "Taking a class in college" Of course then I would still know nothing about FAD. I have never ran it...

vaughan
08-31-2004, 01:11 AM
Unable to help, sorry. I have enough difficulty running the Windows version of FAD. Maybe if you wait long enough (and FAD task sometimes take ages !) you will see your stats increase so then you'll know its working OK.

Beerknurd
08-31-2004, 01:28 AM
That's why I stopped running Lifemapper.... I was gowing nowhere...

What's weird is that I ran it for a while, stopped runnig it for a long time and had to re-register. My stats were gone.... Then I said the hell whith this.... I'm running Ubero again..... ;)

Ubero.... Good ol' reliable....

Elez
08-31-2004, 07:52 AM
ok, why would anyone run Ubero? Aren't they just wasting our resources?
Are they actually doing something with the results? Isn't this prject long dead?

anyway, back to our major topic:
If somebody has influence over in FAD, kindly ask them to seriously consider doing a nice GUI for the linux version of their client or something...
:physassult:

Empty_5oul
08-31-2004, 07:57 AM
re: Beerknurd,
i couldnt get lifemapper to work on my machine either, just had contineous probs :S. 17 runs fine and predictor did but havent tried that 4 a bit lol, D2ol now also works well - but lifemapper would never work ????

Beerknurd
09-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Lifemapper works, it's just boring......