PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Problem

Borfil
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
For over a week now I have notice that Seti is holding some credits.
I have finish some work and it have giving me credit for it but 2 results been over a week in the pending status, They amount to over 125 credits, but whats funny is that other resuts submited at the same time and after have been credited. As per the results resume it seems all is fine with them. I just cant seem to make heads or tail about the situation. Tried writting to them, but no responce.
Do anyone have any idea whats going on?:(:icon_mad:

gatekeeper53
12-21-2007, 12:12 PM
I haven't run Seti in along time but I do seem to remember having pending credits sit for quite awhile. They were usually waiting on someone else to run them to verify my results. At times they would be downloaded by someone that didn't run them then they sat till the deadline ran out and were issued to someone else and it could take weeks to get the credit. I tend to stick with projects now that don't make me wait on pending credit or at least it's minimal.

Nflight
12-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Seti is just like all the rest of the old style Projects, they know people who start believe they will stay for along time just because of who they are and the project name itself. I belong to over 40 projects, and half of them make you wait long months for results to be tallied for all the Work Units I crunch. The most recent Project I have worked on has made a quorum a mandatory commitment of each work unit to be completed by 2 participants. Which means if I complete it and someone folds on it, it will need to be resent to someone else and so on till it is finally a credit to your account.

Most projects do not extend past the 30 day mark. Unsure of SETI! One project I have still has credit pending after 4 months. The more people on the project the faster the return on your time invested. The fewer people crunching a project the longer the time till you will get your credit.

Welcome to the world of crunching and its pitfalls and splendor of working with the greatest Team on the planet! AMD Users