PDA

View Full Version : D2OL install issue

PcManiac
12-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey all,
I am trying to install the D2OL client with Java VM, but whenever it starts to install, I get an error message, and when I click on "details" I get this:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -69 at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source) at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source) at ZeroGlh.a(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.JavaHomeM F.a(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.JavaHomeM F.b(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.MagicFold er.initializeAllMagicFolderPaths(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.d(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.c(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Any thoughts? I have the latest version of Java installed...

Thanks!

Frederic Brillouet
12-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey all,
I am trying to install the D2OL client with Java VM, but whenever it starts to install, I get an error message, and when I click on "details" I get this:

Any thoughts? I have the latest version of Java installed...

Thanks!
I wouldnt have a clue. do they have a new client already?

Lagu
12-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Are you sure you not have choose a D20L-client vithout JVM? Also have you choose an upgrade from v. 1.2 instead for New install to v. 2.0?

I have downloaded D20L client many times without any problem. I have never downloaded Java before I downloaded D2OL because JVM is included in the pakage.

You can try cancel your first Agent and download a new one if somthing have been lost when you first downloaded the agent.:icon_wink:

I found this from D20L´s homepage:

The compressed installer should be recognized by Stuffit Expander and should automatically be expanded after downloading. If it is not expanded, you can expand it manually using StuffIt Expander 6.0 (http://www.d2ol.com/dOL/instruction_content.html#) or later.
If you have any problems launching the installer once it has been expanded, make sure that the compressed installer was expanded using Stuffit Expander. If you continue to have problems, please contact technical support.
The August 2004 updates to Java and JVM are incompatible with the current client

Brucifer
12-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Do not use the client with jvm. Java should already be installed on your system. You are using Vista correct? I went through that myself on my quad. First off, download the new client that does not have jvm included. Then delete all old installations and make sure all that is off your system. Then do the XP compatibility thing with the d2ol client install application. Then install the client without jvm. You will have to do an install for each core you intend to use. Be sure and rename the icon for d2ol for each core install. I installed mine in \stuff\d2ol_01, 02, 03, 04. Runs fine.

If you don't have java installed, then just grab it from sun, or else install Firefox/SeaMoney with the add-ons, and that will get you through it.

PcManiac
12-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys! Let me try this....
I am currently trying in on Vista SP1