PDA

View Full Version : MilkyWay issue

Lagu
12-31-2007, 02:46 PM
It seems as there is a issue on MilkyWay because I can´t get any new work. I keep saying I have reached the 20 WU´s limit or there is a http-error.

Any of you as have experionce of it?:icon_mad:

gatekeeper53
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM
I just don't think that Milkyway is in any way ready for even a casual push from us at this time. There just aren't the number of wu's there to feed our machines and because of this I think for awhile we would find more nights like last night than we would good nights. It is a fun project to run but only when there is pleanty of work. I'm off to Tampaku.

meshmar
12-31-2007, 03:14 PM
check for downloading wu in the transfer tab. I've had some that 'stick' during downloading and have to abort the wu AND the transfer to get more wu.

Other than this issue, I've never had a problem getting plenty of WU ...

mitchellds
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree, theres not enough wu's avail to feed my droids. I might go back to do some tanpaku work also.

gatekeeper53
12-31-2007, 03:41 PM
I tossed most of mine onPrimeGrid for now just to see how things go after reading another post this morning.

gatekeeper53
12-31-2007, 03:46 PM
I had one "stick" on every system last night causing them all to sit and waste cycles. If Travis gets this fixed and brings more wu's online I'll be back. I like running this project I just don't want to have to micromanage it right now. As far as "never having a problem getting plenty of WU's" There have been times that it let me run dry but no more than most other start-ups. All and all I think Travis does an excellent job. I would like to see him take of that silly 20 wu limit or extend the length of the wu's so there would be more reaction time to a problem.

sentient_life
12-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I've grabbed a few workunits, but it doesn't look like we're in too much danger of losing our team ranking.

Danish Dynamite
12-31-2007, 08:37 PM
i hope you are running this project on linux since it completes work units at nearly twice the speed as windows xp/xp_x64

Lagu
12-31-2007, 11:18 PM
I have got 20 WU´s of which 15 are ready for crunching and 5 has the status "Fetch" and it has been so for a while.

meshmar
01-01-2008, 01:32 AM
abort the transfer on the ones in "Fetch" status!

Danish Dynamite
01-01-2008, 09:48 AM
i have 2 work units which wont download ?

AMDave
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
go to transfer, abort them and then hit refresh
they will go back to the project for redistribution
later hit refresh again and you will get a new batch
however, some may get stuck again (from present experience)
so rinse and repeat

meshmar
01-01-2008, 01:13 PM
go to transfer, abort them and then hit refresh
they will go back to the project for redistribution
later hit refresh again and you will get a new batch
however, some may get stuck again (from present experience)
so rinse and repeat

Yep. Milkyway needs a lot of personal attention to keep it crunching right now. I have the spare time and access to my pharm to handle it right now, but I still have MalariaControl as my main project - so I don't have to worry about running out of WU.