PDA

View Full Version : The long climb...

Brucifer
01-02-2008, 01:37 AM
I just threw OpenSuse 10.3 on a Q6600 so I could run 4 instances of moneybee to see what it would do. Was curious as to whether it would be much of an improvement over a couple of AMD X2's.

I am really torn about whether or not to get in to the long haul going after Rechenkraft. I was hoping that we could get a few more people helping on it, but it doesn't appear that's going to happen. I realize too that everyone has their favorite stuff they are crunching and all the other pushes going on. :) non-boinc stuff just isn't much of a push anymore. A couple guys offered to throw a couple systems on it, which is appreciated, but it's not anywhere near what would be needed to decrease the time from the 74 days or so that Ototero mentioned. The 74 days was with me keeping everything two-blocked to do it plus with what everyone else was running to boot. So for those that were really wanting to do this, I just don't think we are going to be able to do it other than just the plugging along method. Sorry. :(

Nflight
01-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes Brucifier, I really think you hit the nail on the head. In many ways it would be really great to jump past that hurdle of passing that team ahead of us, but in reality I only have the capability of doing 80 nets a day on my systems. not enough of a whopping help that is needed to succeed on this mission at this time. Someday I will have the power to achieve this goal, just not at this time is it possible. Thank You for your great power on this project, I recently have climbed about 400 points on the project over the course of 2 weeks. TO garner some 80,000 or so points would be in my capability an astronomical achievement. I wish more people would consider joining this project so we could accomplish our goal sooner then later, but alas right now it is only a dream :icon_cry::dontknow::help:.

Ototero
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I will keep plugging because this is my pet project. 202life, Lagu, Nflight and moops are the regular crunchers.

The competition Neogen ran help a lot as well. We'll miss the awesome power Brucifer.

Brucifer
01-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Didn't say I wouldn't run it anymore, just said I wasn't going to live on it. :)

Brucifer
01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
A little over 1,700 points to go to #14. Looking out the window I see snow falling again. Looks like a nice slow calm winter day.... looks like a nice calm winter day to fire off a push on position #14. :icon_mrgreen: The quad is happily running four instances of moneybee now. I was sitting and just watching that system, and it seems to crunch through those nets at a fairly decent clip. But only time will tell. :)

Ototero
01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Great news, Bruce.

I've just bought my son a dual 5000+ (replace his ageing 2800+) for doing well in his exams. It used to be called the 11+ here in the UK. It will decide if he goes to an ordinary school from the age of 11 or a grammer school.

Anyway, it will be crunching MoneyBee in the background.

Brucifer
01-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Congrats to your son on his exams!! :)

vaughan
01-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Well I tried watching my P4 2.66, the XP2800 and the XP3000 running MoneyBee today but the nets were so slow that I got bored. :icon_neutral:

202life
01-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Brucifer,

I was checking my moneybee stats today and noticed a fell one place. I was wondering what the hell happened till I looked to see who had passed me and recognized the name. lol

Ototero
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
In a few days he could pass me as well. I'll jesticulate wildly as he zooms by :)

Brucifer
01-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Well thank you all for the kudos on gathering a few points. However I don't plan to run it continuously as I've got other little projects I like also. But every now and then I get the urge to wrack a few of them up so to speak.

What amazes me is that there is *really* a person behind that name 202life!!! :icon_mrgreen:

And now I have actually seen a real honest to goodness post :icon_rolleyes: :icon_mrgreen:

Brucifer
01-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Well I tried watching my P4 2.66, the XP2800 and the XP3000 running MoneyBee today but the nets were so slow that I got bored. :icon_neutral:

Thats okay, you can get bored every now and then. That's what I do too. Anyway I guess I'll go ahead and fire them off again and get bored with you. :icon_mrgreen:

edit: Got them all going again so that you can now watch the stats grow on an hourly basis. :) Anyone that wants to join in is certainly more than welcome to!

Ototero
01-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Fireworks tomorrow :2gunsfiring_v1::icon_twisted:

Brucifer
01-11-2008, 04:09 AM
About 4 hours to go and we will be in position #13 and that will get us one step closer to world domination of the financial markets! :bs:

:icon_mrgreen:

edit: We are now at #13.

:)

Nflight
01-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Woo Hoo :wav: Go Team !:blob3::blob3::blob3:

Thank You very much for the boost there Brucifier! Your Help is greatly appreciated!

Ototero
01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
This has been a fantastic and steady climb into the top 13.

Well done guys.

Brucifer
01-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Ototero, I hope that you are tracking all the scoring in the project. I've got the systems back on it now, and will run it for a while until I get tired of it again and get some points on my other effort. I'm curious as to who/what is moving between us and team R. :icon_mrgreen:
This is gonna be a really really long haul. :( We have something like 30k to climb through to get to the next position.... ouch!

edit: correcton, about 3k to #12, then 30k or so to #11.

Brucifer
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Looks like we will roll over Team Austria today some time. :icon_mrgreen:

Ototero
01-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Brucifer, I'll report the differences tomorrow.

Brucifer
01-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Well we are now in spot #12. I will run a little longer to get a little bit of a buffer built up and then I'm pulling the plug. The old zip just isn't there anymore.

Nflight
01-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Your our Hero on this project Brucifier....

There is not much more then I can say but, Thank You very very much ! ! ! :blob3:

Ototero
01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Pos................................Work...Overtake
....Team..........................Today.......Days
--------------------------------------------------
1..Consors-Trading-Team............314.....699.25
2..BeeBoost und MB Loader Team.....102.....412.60
3..LinuxPowerUser....................0.....289.60
4..Inetter..........................94.....300.60
5..DeepThought.....................124.....235.42
6..Berlin...........................85.....144.85
7..SwissTeam.NET....................10.....107.23
8..Münchner Moneybees..............116.....101.53
9..All American Stock Team..........20......91.50
10..Rechenkraft.net..................14......29.64
11..efino.de..........................1......12.95
12..AMD Users......................2292

Brucifer
01-21-2008, 06:10 AM
This is indeed a long slow climb to the next level. :( I also see that Team Rechenkraft has been crunching some. They didn't do anything for a while there. They must be getting ready to put some distance between themselves and everyone else... as if there isn't already enough distance.

Nflight
02-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Well for some reason I am getting no-connection on my Moneybee, as I had hoped to uslurp some points for the rest of the month and pass Prince William. That is not at this moment, is there anyone else discovering this episode? NO WORK available?

Help :icon_mad:

Lagu
02-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I run MoneyBee by my Intel PII but since 3 days I cant reach their server. I gets an error when the work will be uploaded and a new task received. I dont know if it is the router as block the communication.

Lagu:(

Ototero
02-08-2008, 07:59 PM
My machine are OK this week, last week WU's were in bit thin.

Brucifer
02-08-2008, 10:34 PM
yeah, I noticed the disconnects today also. Had 30+ cores on it last night, and when I checked them this morning they were all having connection issues. Same issue as Lagu is having. I'm wondering if it is tied in with the broken undersea fiber cables. ?? There has been a lot of re-routing going on. Anyway, it's a bummer. :sad5:

202life
02-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm also unable to connect, so it must be a problem on their end.

Lagu
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes I think that too. Today I tried rum the screensaver to no vain. Their staff newer say anything if we ask.:icon_twisted:

Ototero
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm still merrily crunching away.

Brucifer
02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Okay, looks like it is finally back on line here, so I've got some cores on it and we be going over the 140,000 mark shortly gang. :icon_mrgreen: At least I hope I don't run into more disconnects again. So far the systems appear to be contacting their server okay and downloading new work units okay. I guess only time will tell... :icon_mrgreen:

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ototero
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I welcome you back. I've been lonely for a couple of days :)

Brucifer
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
well don't go welcoming too loud... I'm having connection issues again. About half of the systems complete a package and then can't upload that and download a new one. :(

So what that means is a ton of baby sitting. So I'm back on another project. Really sucks cause just leaving the systems running and walking away I end up with a ton of wasted computer time. The client needs some severe updating. Like a queue so that multiple work units can be downloaded and then uploaded. They say they have it so that the viability of a unit is like 5 hours. After that it isn't any good to them, they just grant credit to the person due to the machine time they have invested. I sure don't see anything in the stock market that time critical. If something is that critical then it shouldn't be in a distributed computing environment. So short of them getting connection issues resolved, I'll spend my time on projects where I don't end up wasting machine time. My electric bill is too much to just chunk it down the drain.

202life
02-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Does anyone happen to have an idea as to what's going on with Moneybee? I've even tried to delete the latest version for windows and install the earlier one, all to no avial.

Brucifer
02-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I honestly have no idea. At first I thought maybe that all the connectivity issues were tied in with the main telcom broken cable issues. However that wouldn't explain the problem of it working and then not working. So in a way it seems like a real loading issue with their server(s). The problem is compounded in that their client keeps checking in with their server at intervals throughout the work on the work unit. And then if the work unit is finished, and it happens during one of the non-communicative times with the server(s) then the host computer ends up going into the non-connection loop.

And this issue hurts them too cause the work unit only has a viable life of 5 hours or so, so beyond the 5 hour thing then when the unit is finally uploaded to their server it only counts for points for the unit crunching it, but it doesn't contribute any knowledge to their database as it's discarded... assuming their programming still follows their information presented on their site. So it really isn't doing anyone any good. And as Lagu has mentioned, the project isn't known for communicating with the contributors.

So for me it boils down to only being able to run it when I have the time to sit and watch the systems cause I don't care to have a few dozen cores sitting around doing nothing but using electricity. So I've stopped running as it just wastes too much machine time and electricity. But evidently they don't seem to be too concerned about what we think. :sad5: Which really chaps my a$$ as those points for that project take a LOT of time to accumulate. Go figure! :dontknow:

Ototero
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Really weired. My MoneyBee system is still working fine.

Brucifer
02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
You are a lot closer to Germany too. :)

Nflight
02-15-2008, 11:03 PM
You are a lot closer to Germany too. :)

I second that motion Brucifier, I also noticed as I tried to connect again, I am unable to break the fortress at this time. No way to access !

Frustrating MoneyBee has never been down for this long, one thing for sure, there message boards are lousy! OK so they are in German and I can not read German! :icon_mad:

Lagu
02-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I got "Error2 while loading data". I have found out it is somthing wrong with the client itself. I use their screensawer. I had the computer on over the night when I got a message as chowed somthing wrong with a file on MoneyBee itself. I had to remove it and download a new one but now the user field is empty. No contact yet since over a week.

Into the MoneyBee folder I have somthing called "Dialer". I tried click on it and a dialog box appeared. There I could manually connect to their servrer. I did it twice. But after my connection stopped working. I was forced restart my modem and router. Strange.

My old computer is closed, cold and alone:(

It is bad their staff never tell us what is wrong or when they will fix the problem. It is wery nonchalance. It seems as they as live in England have no problem but we as live on the outside have problem.

Lagu

Brucifer
02-23-2008, 04:53 AM
I've about given up on the project. I've tried to connect but can't, just keep getting timeout issues. I've tried during the day, and during the night. Multiple systems. Doesn't matter when now, just can't connect. At this rate they should just pull the thing out of the DC-Vault as it isn't available to many people so it isn't a fair project IRT all teams having an equal chance to fully participate if they so choose.

Oh well... it's MoneyBee's loss as there's other projects to run. That's what happens when someone falls asleep at the switch.

Lagu
02-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Brucifer, my engagement on that project has now reached the bottom. I was waithing for a more positive message so I could start my Intel up as now is closed and silent.

Can´t Ototero as live in England try to call them and ask why the hell is on with that project.

I agree, MoneyBee should be pulled out but how many team is affected? It seems as some European contries not has any problem. It is strange because I live not so far far from England and yet I am "banned". Germany, Slovakia and other contries seems not be affected.

I think any person should have had wrote in their message board if a lot of countries should be affected.

I have sent a message to MoneyBee so let us se if they continue to sleep.

"Hi!
I and many of my teammates (in Sweden and USA)is unable reach the MoneyBee server. I myself gets Error2. I have tried remove the client and reinstalled it again. But no connection can be done yet.

I use MoneyBee screensaver.

Please respond to my message and don´t ignore it. All computers as not can reach the server are a great loss for that project. I hope my message not is written in no vain."

Brucifer
02-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Yup, it's really pretty galling in view of the amount of machine time that has just basically gone down the tubes. :( Really really curious what the problem is, like whether they are actually preventing people from obtaining work. Not much other reason to be found really after the amount of time this has been going on as one would expect any actual hardware failures to be fixed by now. If there were actually widespread connection issues from areas of the planet it would seem that there would be wider dissemination of the problem.

Brucifer
02-25-2008, 11:57 PM
@Lagu -- I finally broke down and sent a note to a friend in Germany asking him if he would be so kind as to try and contact the moneybee project manager and inquire into what the problem is, or find out if they are even aware there is a problem. Hopefully we will hear something from that. I noticed that on the ARS forum that Blistering Sheep is also having connection troubles too, so it isn't just us. :)

Nflight
02-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Thank your friend from all of us, as we are interested in knowing what the project is up to at this time. :icon_neutral:

202life
02-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Since moneybee is having unknown issues for who knows how long, does anyone have any recommendations on which projects i can work on and make a difference?

Steve Lux
02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
On D2OL we are just 5,000 or so behind Team Norway, and slowly loosing ground each day.

Brucifer
02-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I received an email from my friend, and he said that he had sent a note to the project about our problem and was waiting for a reply from them. Hopefully he will have better luck than us non-German speaking folks. He is on team Rechenkraft by the way. :) Just thought I'd mention that as we are chasing their position. :icon_mrgreen:

Lagu
02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks Brucifer.

Lets hope you got an answer.

I did notice on MoneyBee site their server is open and reported 391 computed packets after 17,5 hours. Not much. You Brusifer can run 501 nets alone. I think it is a lot of teams as is unable reach their server and they all as not speak German don´t know vhat is going on.

I have not got any answer yet and I think it will newer come.:icon_twisted:

Lagu
02-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Brucifer, if your friend has sent them an E-mail i beleive it will be difficult get an answer. If they ignore me and other why should they be more open to him?

Of source i hope he will have better luck than me but we should be prepared for a negative results. Your friend, can he talk german?

Lagu:icon_wink:

Brucifer
02-26-2008, 09:53 PM
I am connecting up now and have been able to turn in completed packets and download new ones. So hopefully maybe things are rolling again. :icon_mrgreen:

So it looks like someone must have finally taken a look at their server. So hopefully maybe a German on a German team talking to a German project got through. Cause it's also quite possible that there is a language problem on their end too. Anyway, whatever or whoever, I'm glad that I'm just sucking down new packets now and I hope it continues. So I'm going to leave some cores running thins now to see howlong it goes. :)

Ototero
02-26-2008, 10:02 PM
What puzzles me is that I've been running this all the time with no problems. Perhaps it is country specific.

Brucifer
02-26-2008, 10:14 PM
What puzzles me is that I've been running this all the time with no problems. Perhaps it is country specific.

yeah, I see one more unit and you hit 31,000. :)

I don't know either. Rather puzzling. However maybe it's cause since you are in the UK you are on the main fiber trunk it's located on too. Lagu is another line under the water, and then all of us here in the US are on another leg too. So it is a puzzler. But it's also people on other teams having issues too, so it wasn't just us. Anyway, I'm glad that I'm hooking back up with their server again now and can get new work units. I guess we will see how it goes, ie is it fixed, or is it going to oink out on us again. Only time will tell. But time to make hay while we can. :)

edit: and I just watched another unit get turned in and a new one received. I couldn't do that yesterday evening when I tried. Keep an eye on the stats and watch and see what other teams/participants are wracking up any sizeable numbers of points. :)

edit#2: I've run 220 points through the system in the last few hours and things seem to be rolling along okay so far. The two systems I have that have been really sensitive to network/connection issues in the past have been handling things okay since they were started three hours ago and each has gone through multiple data exchanges with their server.

Brucifer
02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
I put in several hours on the moneybee thing last night. I am still getting random periods where the server will not accept the completed work unit and return a new one. So some babysitting is required. It's like one of those things where you watch, and nothing happens, but you walk away or go to sleep and bingo... there go connections again. I'm of the opinion now though that these problems are do to latency in my ISP's network and dns resolution issues. I guess I could get all the addys and add those to my hosts file to remove the dns issues, but I suspect that it is more than just that. For instance I get into periods where it takes a bit long for packets to be returned when just web surfing. That's one of the problems with the cable networks most likely.

Ototero
02-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Still, a nice big spike up in WU flow.

Lagu
02-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, there has been more nodes finiched today compared to yesterday. After ca. 14 hours 859 nodes has been done.

I started my Intel but immidately I got a message as told me I have a connection issue (Error2). I think I will leave this computer open over the night and watch it after I have awoke.

I´m afraid it is somthing wrong with the screensaver and they have not a new or any updates. I´m receiving data but nothing happen.

Chould that project be like a lottery?:icon_rolleyes:

Brucifer
02-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Unfortunately it isn't as reliable now as it was for a long time. But things like that happen I guess. Anyway I'm not going to worry about it. If it was a medical project where there is some serious benefit to other people then I'd be more concerned about it. But since I'm not using any of the benefits realized from the crunching time on the work units, I think I'm just going to let this one continue it's slide into oblivion as far as my computers are concerned. I'd run it more if it wasn't a hassle, but a hassle it has become.

Brucifer
02-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Today has been a rather solid day from the moneybee end of things. However it wasn't too good from my end as I ended up tripping a c/b sometime during the day which took out a healthy chunk of my crunchers. So did a little load balancing and pulled a few systems off line.

Was thinking of dragging another dedicated circuit or two into my "activity room" as the granddaughters call it, but after looking at what it will run to increase the service to the place I don't think I'll do that. Having a hard enough time as it is keeping peace in the household with the better half over my electrical usage without getting more carried away with adding more expense to the game. And that's about all it really boils down to is a game. :shocked:

vaughan
02-29-2008, 09:59 AM
And that's about all it really boils down to is a game. :shocked:

I prefer to call it my hobby. Some people collect stamps, others collect vintage cars ... well I seem to collect computers and they might as well be crunching something for AMD Users. :icon_wink:

Brucifer
02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Yep, it's a hobby and a learning experience alright, but it's still a game to me. :icon_mrgreen:

Ototero
02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
I collect large electricity bills as well.
But I blame that on my wife's hobby of washing and ironing clothes :)

Brucifer
02-29-2008, 11:39 PM
But I blame that on my wife's hobby of washing and ironing clothes :)

How did you ever manage to get your wife into a hobby like that??? Mine doesn't seem to care for it much at all. :(

Brucifer
02-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I´m afraid it is somthing wrong with the screensaver and they have not a new or any updates. I´m receiving data but nothing happen.

Chould that project be like a lottery?:icon_rolleyes:

Have you tried just deleting the while installation, and making sure that there isn't anything left regarding it in the registry, and then re-installing?? Maybe even try out a dual boot system with linux on it and run moneybee under linux. ???

I'm running it while I can and it seems to have stabilized out fairly well again. So hopefully that will keep up so I can get some points run up. It is slow going though to the next team level, still have in the area of 15,000 points to go to get to position #11, and it's going pretty slow it seems in spite of having multiple cores on it.

Brucifer
03-01-2008, 05:23 AM
The team is now about at the half way point between when we first made team position #12 and what we had to accomplish to reach position #11. There's about 16,000 points to go yet. The team now has 145,195 points.

Anyway I was just curious what I could output on this, and in my present configuration it was 2,020 points in 24 hours in spite of the blown c/b issue. It would be possible for the team to take the top DC-Vault spot from Rechenkraft in a couple of months with some serious help but we've been down that road already with no interest. So I'll be pulling the plug on it shortly too and moving on.

Beerknurd
03-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Does Moneybee only run as a screen saver?? Is there a GUI??

Ototero
03-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Beer, there is GUI, not just a screen saver. I can email the install if you want. Just PM me.

Brucifer
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Since moneybee is having unknown issues for who knows how long, does anyone have any recommendations on which projects i can work on and make a difference?

@ 202life -- Are you still having connection issues? Mine have been resolved for several days now and I have been running with (knock on wood) no system hangups or connection issues. Just curious since you haven't posted for a while and was curious if you were still having problems or had just moved on to another project.

Nflight
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
March needs a non-boinc race and I am seriously considering help for you Brucifier! A HERD of crunchers attacking at once, how do you feel about ? :icon_razz:

Ototero
03-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes yes yes, we'd like a herd.

Lagu
03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Have you tried just deleting the while installation, and making sure that there isn't anything left regarding it in the registry, and then re-installing?? Maybe even try out a dual boot system with linux on it and run moneybee under linux. ???

I'm running it while I can and it seems to have stabilized out fairly well again. So hopefully that will keep up so I can get some points run up. It is slow going though to the next team level, still have in the area of 15,000 points to go to get to position #11, and it's going pretty slow it seems in spite of having multiple cores on it.

Yes, Brucifer, I have cleaned the registry from all as was related to MoneyBee, removed the exe-file, reinstalled but to no wain. I have also tried the German version but I got Error2 yet. And Linux is too advanced for me.
Perhaps I need to reinstall Windows ME?

A problem is Microsoft have stopped send patches to Win95 and ME. And my Intel have only 128 Compaqmemoreys. Yes Compaq is annoying. I cant add a common memory because it must be one from Compaq and it is too expansive.

I have 2 Compaqs. 128 and 640 MB. Say I should take 254 MB from 640 and add it to 128. Perhaps I could run XP on it as have 350 Mz while the other has 1001 Gz? The memory is 100 sdram dimm I beleive.

Lagu:)

Brucifer
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
March needs a non-boinc race and I am seriously considering help for you Brucifier! A HERD of crunchers attacking at once, how do you feel about ? :icon_razz:

As Ototero said, It would truly be appreciated. Any help at this point would be appreciated.

We are slowly making it up the ladder. We will hit 150,000 points in about 3.5 hours or so from now. So maybe in about 6 days or so we will be in position #11. Then starts the hard push for 40,000 points to knock Rechenkraft out of moneybee positon #10 assuming they don't start in a push to stop us from reaching our goal. This just isn't one of those projects where the points come easy.

Brucifer
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
A problem is Microsoft have stopped send patches to Win95 and ME. And my Intel have only 128 Compaqmemoreys. Yes Compaq is annoying. I cant add a common memory because it must be one from Compaq and it is too expansive.

I have 2 Compaqs. 128 and 640 MB. Say I should take 254 MB from 640 and add it to 128. Perhaps I could run XP on it as have 350 Mz while the other has 1001 Gz? The memory is 100 sdram dimm I beleive.

Lagu:)

If I had any Compaq memory I would send it to you. However I don't. Maybe if you post the model numbers, or the specific memory you need some other member might have some laying around and send it to you assuming that we are talking about older systems.

Nflight
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
This just isn't one of those projects where the points come easy.

You can say that again...

Brucifer
03-06-2008, 06:00 AM
@Nflight, et al:
Unfortunately I came home tonight to multiple systems having connection issues again. :(

Sooooo I don't think that this effort has the stability at this point that warrants people putting a push on. A couple of the regulars still haven't got back up and crunching after the last connection hassle. This is really becoming very very frustrating. So now I'm back at the point that I can't leave systems running without babysitting again which is where things were heading last time before the connections just went to the total birds. Really really ticks me off cause I've got a lot of machine time tied up into this, as do some others on the team as well.

As much as I'd like to see Rechenkraft drop down a notch, I really think that the team would be much better off putting the push/race effort on a more solid project. I can't get the malfunctioning systems to connect back up tonight. And as systems complete their work packages and try to connect, then they start having connection issues too. So I'm just going to have to move them over to another project until this phase passes again. :sad5:

It is beginning to look like this project is just one of the ones that has ups and downs and those that want to crunch it have to go with the flow. Not a good thing for a project that doesn't really have any humanitarian aspect to it.

@Bender10 -- thanks for your help, I appreciate your taking the time and effort to give us a hussle. I didn't expect the hassles to start in again. Win some, lose some. :BangHead:

Ototero
03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Bruce, put another DC on the computer but leave MB trying to connect. The other DC will absorb all the cycles until MB kicks back in. That way you are at 100% cpu.

Just a suggestion .....

Lagu
03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I started the MoneyBee agent on the AMD64 as I run as a service and it works. I received a new task. Then I tested the screensaver on this computer but it won´t work. I got Error2 as I had on my Intel. Now i will finish that work and see if I will receive a new task or get a connection issue instead.

That must mean the sceensaver is corrupt and not possible use anymore. It is sad but true:(

Lagu
03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
The MoneyBee agent worked and I closed it. Then I restarted MoneyBee again but it didn´t work. "No datafile was found" and I got error18.

Lagu:icon_evil:

Ototero
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Just 3600 points until we take 11th. That's 1.7 days.

:):):)

Ototero
03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
11th came yesterday. Forgot to post about it.

Congrats everyone for that last push, Brucifer, Bender and me of course.

Lagu
03-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Well done all of you! Glad the project works for you:)

vaughan
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Nice going there guys. Still watching your pennies I see. :)

Brucifer
03-22-2008, 07:50 PM
11th came yesterday. Forgot to post about it.

Congrats everyone for that last push, Brucifer, Bender and me of course.

Yup, glad to see that we got there. I see that you and Bender are still hitting this effort so I've decided to keep a system or two still crunching on this effort as the budget permits. I'd still like to see us make it to the top ten in this project. That is unless those Rechenkraft boys and girls kick it up past our ability to slide around them. :)

202life
04-10-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm still unable to get moneybee to work. I've even tried to run it through anonymous proxy servers and I still get nothing but errors.

Brucifer
04-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I've stopped crunching moneybee. A couple of reasons, but one of them is the recurring errors. The other main one is that as the price of everything is going up I've looked hard at what is really contributing anything towards humanity. Moneybee just doesn't place on my radar screen anymore as it costs too much a month to run the systems for just boosting stock market appraisals that I do not use. The only real reason I was running before was for team placement. But as there is no team interest in this project for all practical intents and purposes that pretty much was the final nail in the coffin for it for me. I'm pretty much down to a couple medical projects now, and even with those it's on and off and touch & go.

vaughan
04-11-2008, 04:09 AM
When I try to get MoneyBee tasks the computer throws an error that the app caused and must be closed. Plenty of other projects to work on.

Nflight
04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Moneybee will not work for me, not lately, not likely, not ever it seems. IT is not that I am not trying to run it, it is the fact the system does not like my windows system I believe. Maybe if I was linux user I would not have these frustrations. I liked the project a lot, it was not that over powering on my computers. I made some real progress and helped the team. I put my time and energy into making it work in the last 4 months or so with little help due to frustrating circumstances. I went to Seventeen or Bust to make a difference from Project admins that do respond to queries. IF MoneyBee admins would respond to help requests I believe there project would be more akin to getting the DC community to help more frequently. :sad5:

Brucifer
06-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I see this morning that there are only 20,000 left to go for #10... :)

Nflight
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Keep up the good work Brucifier, I appreciate your persistence along with Ototero's commitment.

Brucifer
06-05-2008, 06:32 AM
oh well.... came home today and *all* the systems were out of work, waiting on their server. So it looks like it's back into the old connection game again. :( Just about really ready to just hang it all up as really tired of their games. :( rather discouraging after all the time and effort put into the project but it really isn't accomplishing much for humanity.

Ototero
06-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear about compies having no work. Such a waste of cycles. It's as though some higher authority doesn't want us to reach #10 :(

I have 1 system left running through a virtual machine.

Brucifer
06-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Sorry to hear about compies having no work. Such a waste of cycles. It's as though some higher authority doesn't want us to reach #10 :(

I have 1 system left running through a virtual machine.

yep.... I sometimes seriously wonder if there is a plot there..... :icon_rolleyes:

But I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to worry about it anymore. There's other fish to fry. And then there is the alternative option too to just turn them off and save the money spent on the electrical bill for the gas tank for the jeep. With the pounding that the dollar is taking, the funds for playing the DC game are getting a wee tad snug.