PDA

View Full Version : digital camera problem

ahab3333
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
you know that program that windows uses to transfer pictures from the camera to the HD, well it is not opening for me any more. i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. if you know how to fix it. and if you know of a good free program that does the same thing. i have a program that came with the camera but it is horrible. any help would be great thanks.

Empty_5oul
09-01-2004, 04:11 PM
what i do is open my computer and find the images by hand on the digital camera, i take it ur using USB. then right clikc and use cut / paste. this solves the prob but isnt ideal.

there is a way to edit what appears in the box that comes up, e.g.
print all pics, open pics, view pics, view slideshow etc etc. i will try to find the name of it so u can edit this and re-enable it so it will come up.

Keith75
09-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Are you saying the camera doesn't show up when you plug it in to your USB port or that the program you use to edit them isn't coming up?

Keith

jlangner
09-02-2004, 01:20 AM
I had the problem sometime not popping up when i plug in. I assume you mean the "wizard"

Keith75
09-02-2004, 01:52 AM
If that is the case you might try re-installing the drivers for the camera or seeing if newer versions are available on the camera makers website. I use an Apple USB keyboard on my main computer and almost everytime I do a clean install of XP and install SP1 all my USB stuff stops working. I have to go in to hardware manager and delete all the USB drivers then reboot and let it reload them. Then everything works fine. Windows doesn't seem to like USB and Firewire as well as my Macs do.

Keith

Beerknurd
09-02-2004, 02:23 AM
I need batteries for my digital camera.... I have an old school one that uses weird batteries that they don't sell anymore... I have to buy them on ebay or at special shops... Plus the batteries are like 16 bucks each. And if you use the display at all the battery may last 2 hours... For what we have spent on batteries we could have bought a better camera that uses rechargeable batteries.... #$%^&*!!!!!!! ........ "Curse word deleted"

ahab3333
09-02-2004, 04:07 AM
its not the drivers, tied that,( that would be too easy). its not that its not in the auto pop up menu becuase it is in there, but when i click on the program it will not open. and i can transfer them from the camera like empty said but then it will not change the file names to continue to higher numbers. any more thoughts.

Empty_5oul
09-02-2004, 08:24 AM
i tried it on mine and the numbers keep going up. atm im at 2560 as the number, unless you meen you have a prob when u get to 9999 as it wont know where to go from there. if this happens put the images in a diff folder and problem solved ??