PDA

View Full Version : FAH version 5 released

vaughan
09-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Its now version 5.02. Anyone else trying it?

Keith75
09-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I am heading there now to give it a shot.

Beerknurd
09-02-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm not but I wanted my name on the top 5 posts.....

And I couldn't think of anything else to put here.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Keith75
09-03-2004, 01:56 AM
I downloaded it all a copule of machines and ran it for a few minutes. LOL Nothing to write about. Seems about the same to me. I then switched them back to D2OL.

Keith

vaughan
09-03-2004, 02:19 AM
I agree Keith. It seemed no different to me. I've got it running on a couple of PCs now. Only thing I noticed was my first task was a very small protein, worth 24 points. I haven't run FAH that much recently so wasn't sure if the task size is smaller now or if it was just the luck of the draw.

bwhite
09-03-2004, 06:04 AM
This is what they say about 5.02 at the f@h site.

8/20/2004 New projects: P130x
We have some new exciting projects just being released. They are unlike any project we've done before and "break" some of the normal FAH rules:

They're a lot bigger than the normal FAH WUs in terms of the RAM they take (hundreds of MB) and the net transfer (~5MB). To keep them only in the hands of those who have the resources for them, they require the "big WU" switch in the v5 client, enough RAM, and enough netbandwidth.

Since they take more resources, there is are bonus points associated with them (right now, a 50% bonus over the standard benchmark value). This value may increase or change if needed.

One other way that these WUs are different is that they are more likely to EARLY_END. Don't be surprised if this happens and don't worry: they are still scientifically important and clients get partial credit for the fraction completed.

This is new ground for FAH, which is scientifically very exciting. I hope to have some important new results to report in January, once these WUs have run for a few months.

I don't know if the new "P130x" proteins will use TINKER, GROMACS, or DGROMACS core. The new ones aren't listed yet on the currently running projects page so don't know how many points either. I ran it for a few minutes and looks exactly the same to me, I didn't get one of the new P130X proteins. Only difference is in the config...You should say bigpackets=yes if you want the shot at getting one of the new ones.

Beerknurd
09-03-2004, 11:56 PM
I'm curious to see what every one is running..... Should we do a poll??

Empty_5oul
09-04-2004, 09:20 AM
i think that would be sensible, then we could make some headway in a project and not slowly increase in everything as we currently are.

Beerknurd
09-04-2004, 12:19 PM
I'll do a poll.....