PDA

View Full Version : SETI Picks something up?

Jeff
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
BERKELEY, Calif. -- On Monday, KTVU reported scientists have received an odd signal from space and some readers may have interpreted this as a confirmed extra-terrestrial contact.Scientists did confirm there was an anomalous radio signal and reported it late last year.However, as SETI@home lead scientist Dan Werthimer now clarifies, "although this pulse is not well understood..." it may have a natural origin.SETI Institute Chief Scientist Seth Shostak says the highly energetic and brief signal at first excited some researchers, who at the time thought it may be a candidate ET signal. It was received not at Arecibo, Puerto Rico, as reported, but rather in Australia.The signal has not been confirmed as any sign of extra-terrestrial intelligence, although the Allen array in California is now actively searching for more of these signals

gatekeeper53
01-17-2008, 06:43 PM
What this is letting SETI "pick up" is lots more checks! lol

PcManiac
01-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't think SETI will ever find anything with intellegent life in outerspace...

They should try looking here first, and see if they can find any :icon_razz:

Lagu
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
There is so much scrap flying around the earth. It is impossible they will find anything. A lot of wasted time and moneys.

They should instead give the Red Cross the moneys to meal to all poor peoples!

gatekeeper53
01-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I think that if ET wants to phone home he can use his own nickle.lol

PoorBoy
01-17-2008, 08:46 PM
They should instead give the Red Cross the moneys to meal to all poor peoples!

That's a good idea Luga, that way I could eat once in awhile ... :icon_mrgreen:

Lagu
01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_mrgreen: