PDA

View Full Version : URL changes

vaughan
01-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Scott has made some project URL changes that seem to have made the project go pear shaped.

I just lost 38 completed tasks as I had to detach and re-attach.

I recommend steering clear of this project until it settles down. :icon_twisted:

gatekeeper53
01-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I'll bet Chris is having fits.

Beerknurd
01-25-2008, 12:39 AM
I had that problem a month or so ago during the push... It annoyed me... That is why I stopped running it... No one else said anything so I thought it was just my issue...

When I tried to attach, it said I was using an old url. And when I updated it, it said I was still using a bad url. I don't think I lost any tasks though... But who knows, I guess I should pay more attention...

vaughan
01-25-2008, 01:13 AM
LaurenU2 at Free-DC posted in the Cosmologyathome message board that he has 80+ computers running the project so he is not impressed. The suggestion was to send in a log of the workunits that are missing credits.

"What you are asking from me is a immense job. For me to go to 80 + PC's an pull the info from the log file will take Hours of work for me and it does not save the work I did. I guess I Lost a 1/4 of a year of PC time in your mess-sup NOT GOOD"

Beerknurd
01-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Yikes!!!!!!!!

sentient_life
01-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Ouch! I know we all volunteer our computers for these projects and should know full well that some are in beta, but to have that many computers contributing and losing all that work... Can certainly cause some tempers to flare.:BangHead: