PDA

View Full Version : Work available

vaio
02-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Thought you'd like to know that Proteins@home just sent some work to my rig.
So if you want work, get re-attached :icon_wink:

*Gets back to his Poem@home challenge :icon_mrgreen:*

PoorBoy
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I may be wrong on this but the last I heard Protiens@Home was being pretty much Boycotted by a lot of the BOINC People because of the treatment of the participants by the Dev's, That may have chanted since then though ... ???

BobCat13
02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I thought the boycott was against Predictor@Home due to the treatment people received from the Administrator, David Braun.

And thanks for the heads-up, vaio.

PoorBoy
02-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I thought the boycott was against Predictor@Home due to the treatment people received from the Administrator, David Braun.

And thanks for the heads-up, vaio.

Your probably right BobCat, I don't really run either 1 of them so I get them mixed up sometimes ...:icon_rolleyes:

AMDave
02-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I was not sure either for a while. To clarify:

Proteins@home is based in France.
The admin "David" at is "David Mignon" (http://biology.polytechnique.fr/proteinsathome/documentation2.php)

Predictor on the other hand, is based in US.
After the boycott started, they have shut down and have posted a notice at their URL that they are moving to Michigan University.
Whether the infamous admin David Braun, moves with it or not is yet to be seen.

AMDave
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
My Proteins WUs are running at around 1 and 2 hours (looks like 2 sizes so far).

The first batch failed due to no subprocess to run, but that was quickly fixed.
The new batch that has been released is running well.
Although the server communication with the BOINC client seems to lag a bit.
The comms-lag seems to have left me with a WU sitting at "Acknowledged" on one client for several hours.
Refreshing the project does not clear it.
The WU is pending credit on the server.
It should work itself out.

Nflight
02-02-2008, 03:45 PM
I decided to attach one more time to raise my threshold limit on Proteins. I would like to reach 20,000 on this project!

Thanks for the heads up that there server is up and running!

Steve Lux
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Oddly, Proteins@home isn't coming up on my Boinc account manager. Project-non-gratis?

Edited to add: I had to attach manually.