PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Projects

Zoness
02-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Hey guys I recently got a new computer with an AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core and I'm looking for good stuff to crunch with BOINC. I need projects that aren't very bandwidth intensive for their work units because I have a serious connection bottleneck. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

liuqyn
02-17-2008, 11:54 PM
join our race on poem, fairly small packets and nice credits.

NeoGen
02-18-2008, 01:17 AM
The maths projects (Primegrid, Riesel Sieve) are usually pretty slim in terms of connection too.

But in the end I would say that you should run something that you like. Apart from climate prediction and a few others, there's no real bandwidth hog on boinc. For slow connections I think the hard part is always getting the application on the first time. After that, fetching and uploading workunits is a breeze. :)

Danish Dynamite
02-18-2008, 03:55 AM
welcome to forum zoness

would be nice to know what os you are using since some project have major gains with 64 bit if you do have 64 bit os i would suggest that you have a look at abc at home (about 2.5 times the credits for 64bit vs 32bit with abc at home) i think downloads are around 0.03 KB download and 0.07 to 0.14 KB upload (depends how many hits you get)(my phenom 9600 like that project) if you are looking for something instead of boinc based projects Wieferich@Home i ran that on 10 cores on dial up and i didnt notice it

vaughan
02-18-2008, 06:37 AM
... Apart from climate prediction and a few others, there's no real bandwidth hog on boinc. For slow connections I think the hard part is always getting the application on the first time. After that, fetching and uploading workunits is a breeze. :)
Lattice Project, Simap and Hydrogen all have substantial downloads.