PDA

View Full Version : Disk Cleaner

Lagu
02-25-2008, 06:58 PM
When ran you Windows Disk Cleaner last?

I did it today and there was 521,527 and 543,588 K of Temporary files on my Intel C2D and AMD64 respectively.

First I opened the preferences in Internet Explorer and cleaned it from all files whitin cockies. Then I ran Disk Cleaner and last Defrag 5 times.

Perhaps it is a good idea clean your disk from crap files:icon_wink:

Lagu:icon_mrgreen:

drezha
02-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Defrag runs every Wednesday night here :) Not my choice, just a Vista default but it works for me.

Just runs disk cleanup on Vista... 5.97Gb of space freed up:icon_lol:

3Gb of that was Hibernation file and the rest was temp files.:icon_neutral: Lucky I have 1Tb of space:icon_lol:

spikey_richie
02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I run defraggler along with ccleaner every weekend:

Links here: http://www.piriform.com/

Lagu
02-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Are defraggler and ccleaner good tools?

Lagu:)

Danish Dynamite
02-27-2008, 07:15 AM
i normally do a clean install every two months since i only have a trial version of windows XPx64

AMDave
02-27-2008, 09:27 AM
It seems that I have been very busy since Christmas not getting to spend much time on the computers :icon_mad:. When you prompted me I checked the up-times on my machines and it has been 2 months since I did my last full service.

If you hadn't reminded me I might have had a repeat of the "Crash of 06" (lost some of my wife's important documents) Oh boy. Those were some dark days :icon_rolleyes:

I got almost all of it done last night. I am just finishing off the last of the backups tonight.

Thanks for the reminder, Lagu.
You are a champion! :icon_mrgreen: