PDA

View Full Version : FAH taken over?

Dee
03-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Normally, I can shut down FAH if I want to use the Graphics card myself...I just rebooted...and can no longer see the FAH icon in the tray...and FAH is definitely running using 50% my resources....so I tried Ctrl Alt Del...as you do...and got a warning re losing data etc...what happens if I shut it down that way?:icon_twisted:

Lagu
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Nothing cerious happen if you only close FAH as you say i running. If you should use word you should lose all input. But it is only exe-file so it is ok.

I have done that seweral times and nothing happenen. The only as happen is the agent will stop working and quiet. Then you can start it as you are used.

Lagu:)

Dee
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks Lagu:icon_wink:....I hate it when programs get sneaky!:icon_twisted:

I see I have finished 6 Work units now...watch out guys...I'm catching you up!:icon_lol:

AMDave
03-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Well done Dee!

Indeed, do not be worried about stopping and starting the FaH client at your whim.
The client saves the work state every 15 minutes by default.
When it restarts, it starts from the last save point (some time in the last 15 minutes before it was stopped).
Nil problemo!

drezha
03-02-2008, 07:05 AM
It sounds like you installed it and selected to run it as a service.

Dee
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
It sounds like you installed it and selected to run it as a service.
I didn't realise there was a choice!
As I said, it normally just sits in the tray, bottom right....from where I can right click and select exit..except for the time I told you about, when it was running beneath the radar, and the only way I could see it was to Ctrl Alt Del to see it running in applications....:icon_wink:

Thanks Dave....very reassuring to know it saves itself every 15 min! BTW...is that Ipswich Australia or UK? :)

drezha
03-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I didn't realise there was a choice!
As I said, it normally just sits in the tray, bottom right....from where I can right click and select exit..except for the time I told you about, when it was running beneath the radar, and the only way I could see it was to Ctrl Alt Del to see it running in applications....:icon_wink:

Ah it usually has the icon. My bad.

Only the command line version can be installed as a service which isn't what you've got then:)

Danish Dynamite
03-02-2008, 04:15 PM
sounds like icons in notification area are being hidden when inactive, two ways to get around this, you can right click on task bar and select properties then un tick hide inactive icons and apply or instead of selecting hide inactive icons globally, you can leave it ticked and select customize instead and find the icon that you are missing and change from hide when inactive to always show, also while you are there if you have an icons that you would like not to show you can do that by selecting always hide when done select ok

Dee
03-02-2008, 08:41 PM
sounds like icons in notification area are being hidden when inactive, two ways to get around this, you can right click on task bar and select properties then un tick hide inactive icons and apply or instead of selecting hide inactive icons globally, you can leave it ticked and select customize instead and find the icon that you are missing and change from hide when inactive to always show, also while you are there if you have an icons that you would like not to show you can do that by selecting always hide when done select ok
Hi Danish....nope...I can do hide Icons or not....:icon_wink: I checked...it definitely wasn't there...so I did the Ctrl Alt Del thing because I knew I could find it that way...which of course I did. Then I bottled out of closing it down that way....in case I lost all the data...so I opted for closing the whole thing down as it would force it to close FAH down:icon_razz:....My pc has been playing up such a lot... could it have had an effect on FAH?

Danish Dynamite
03-03-2008, 03:08 AM
oh well at least we know it is not that then

Dee
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I am soooo angry! The :cussing:pc has packed up on me! Won't boot at all...please insert boot disk! If I had the strength...I would boot it...out the door! Sorry...FAH will have to wait...it's back with the techies!