PDA

View Full Version : RieselSieve

Dr Dan Morris
04-29-2008, 03:22 AM
I don't know if any one has notice that the
Riesel Sieve project has a real problem with the cpuid floating all over the place. So I have put one machine with all of my projects on it, and it would seem to be helping. It was quite apparent that I had a problem when I found out that I was listed 5 times on boinc with the

Riesel Sieve project.

The admin on the project said he was changing over to a non pearl system some time after the 1st and maybe this will fix the problem. Darn that project sure did give great credits but it really ruins ones day to see 4 million credits yoyo in and out daily..:icon_lol:

PoorBoy
04-29-2008, 09:56 AM
I've never had a problem with the Project, it could be 1 of your PC's that is sending a bad cpuid to the project ... ??? I had the same problem for almost 2 years, if I didn't attach a certain project to every PC I had my cpuid & stats would get all messed up.

vaughan
04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I never worked out why my score changed so much, now I know. But on the other hand ... if you want to crunch something else that gives good points try ABC for 64 bit OSs and Milkyway for 32 bit. I'm still trying to regain my World #1 in this project but don't think I can afford the number of PCs to challenge Mac. I'm at two dozen of the critters now and the upgraded air con struggles to cope with the heat load even in winter. :icon_twisted:

Dr Dan Morris
04-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I've never had a problem with the Project, it could be 1 of your PC's that is sending a bad cpuid to the project ... ??? I had the same problem for almost 2 years, if I didn't attach a certain project to every PC I had my cpuid & stats would get all messed up.

I have attached an additional project to each computer, Lets see if it stays the same with out that yo yo effect. Nice call, Thank you..:icon_rolleyes:

Dr Dan Morris
04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Dear Team AMD USERS

Some times we make mistakes in our decision that tend to hurt others that we really do care about. This is do to many reasons but in my case it was a selfish reason. Instead of trying to help repair a situation I just decided to quit and run. And in doing so I have still hurt others. So with this in mind I have decided to do a little growing up in the past 24 hours and return to the team SETIUSA. I can only hope that you can understand. You have a very nice team here and the folks seem very pleasant. Take care and see you all in the stats.

Dr. Dan

mitchellds
04-29-2008, 09:30 PM
happy trails !!

Frederic Brillouet
04-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Have fun m8

Ramjet
04-29-2008, 11:42 PM
But in leaving AmdUsers, you will still be hurting others, therefor, I guess you have to stay...................LOL
Kidding, good luck Dr. Dan and Happy Crunching :)

vaughan
04-30-2008, 01:13 AM
All the best. Sorry you had to leave us.

AMDave
04-30-2008, 10:01 AM
No problems.
Glad you stopped bye.
You are welcome back any time.
All the best.

Bender10
04-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Sorry to see you leave Dr. Dan. I hope things will work themselves out back at your 'real home'.

You are always welcome to stop by and just visit.

Cheers