PDA

View Full Version : The new agent 3.0

Lagu
05-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I’m now running D2OL using 3.0. I downloaded it and installed it on another dir. But it didn’t work. I had 3 icons on the screen. So I uninstalled the old client whish went fine. Then uninstalled 3.0 but the installer couldn’t remove D20L\uninstaller\uninstaller.jar. Then I reinstalled the current version and it worked. But when I checked the node on Sengents page I noticed the node had some statistic but the second as is the same node not had the same info.

I don’t know if it is normal.

I decide to uninstall 3.0(1) as the new agent had been named. Once again it failed uninstall the uninstaller.jar. Then I ran REGEDIT and cleaned it from all files from D2OL and Sengent and did a restart.

Then I reinstalled the agent as now got the name 3.0(2) and it went well but the agent itself seems not good. It is empty in the bottom where the 11 square where there should be a picture of the bacterium as I was used running the old one.

But both works but I don’t know how the points should look like. Before, I got 150 running day and night. Should I have 300 running 2 clients?

I use DSPY and I have found out I can watch the agent 1 and agent 0. Start DSPY, search after D2OL and click on Agent 0 and you get stats for this agent. Then choose page 2 and search after D2OL and click on Agent 1. Now you have both agents on 1 and 2 and can change between them.

Link to DSPy: http://homepages.opencominc.com/smichael/dspy.html (http://homepages.opencominc.com/smichael/dspy.html)

Lagu:)

Bender10
05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Hello Lagu,

I had a similar experience when I installed Version 3. My computer had an older version of D2OL installed. I found that you do not have to change the default folder for Version 3, as it is installed in a different folder than the OLD Version.

The 3 Icons that appear happened to me also (but they went away on their own). That may have been related to having an old version on the computer. I asked the project software lead (Adam), and he sounded surprised that 3 Icons were created during install.

I'm not sure what your output should be, it depends on your computer (and the wu's you get, they are all different sizes). I haven't checked my output for a while, I just let it run. For a guess, on a P4 class @2 ghz, you should get a minimum of 150 points per core. That's just a guess.

Brucifer
05-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Strange.... When I installed v3.0 on XP-Pro on an X2 I didn't get 3 icons, nor did I on XP-64 on an X2, nor with XP-Home on an AMD-64. I used the client that did *not* include java, rather I installed the latest java from sun on the systems first. I also deleted the old installations with the exception of the node.prp file which I copied into the new installations.

Bender10
05-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Lagu,

I just Borged a Laboratory computer (1.8 ghz celeron) that I have access to for a few days (I'm out of town on business). It is running off around 50 - 60 TSC wu's a day....

Kinda poor performance, but every wu counts....:icon_mrgreen:

Lagu
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Lagu,

I just Borged a Laboratory computer (1.8 ghz celeron) that I have access to for a few days (I'm out of town on business). It is running off around 50 - 60 TSC wu's a day....

Kinda poor performance, but every wu counts....:icon_mrgreen:

Yes you are right. It is much better than my AMD Athlon 1001 as now is silent. The juice cost too much and it is a waste of time.

Lagu:)