PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a SOB run?

Jeff
05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Anyone up for a SOB run? I'm going to work on getting all of my systems going on it.

We're already set to overtake a team in less than 5 days.

liuqyn
05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
was planning on it after my current push on dpad. about 2 more weeks.

Beerknurd
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Just in case anyone noticed my drop off from this project, I still have it going, but it is just not submitting intermediate blocks. I am in dump mode... :icon_razz:

bwhite
05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm on it!!

Beerknurd
05-20-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm on it!!

Yea... I got my eye on you... You are getting too close for comfort...

But I don't have enough horsepower to do anything about it... :-(

bwhite
05-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Yea... I got my eye on you... You are getting too close for comfort...

But I don't have enough horsepower to do anything about it... :-(

Don't worry, I don't have much either!!:sad5:

Beerknurd
05-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Don't worry, I don't have much either!!:sad5:

You got more than me... :lol: I would have a tad bit more power if I wasn't running Dimes on 12 virtual machines... That eats up almost 1 core of my dual core system... :icon_mrgreen:

Which is irritating cause Dimes stats have been super flaky the past few months. :icon_mad:

Danish Dynamite
05-20-2008, 07:20 PM
i could add some more comps if that would help ?

Jeff
05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
i could add some more comps if that would help ?

But I'm trying to beat you...geeze :icon_lol:

Danish Dynamite
05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
so thats a no ?

Jeff
05-20-2008, 07:49 PM
The more the better. I want to see how many ranks we can move up.

Danish Dynamite
05-20-2008, 07:52 PM
okay i will switch other comps over tonight after work if i remember

bwhite
05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
You got more than me... :lol: I would have a tad bit more power if I wasn't running Dimes on 12 virtual machines... That eats up almost 1 core of my dual core system... :icon_mrgreen:

Which is irritating cause Dimes stats have been super flaky the past few months. :icon_mad:

I was running Dimes on a bunch of vms too but quit 'cause of the flakyness:(

gamer007
05-20-2008, 09:11 PM
I'll go back to SOB once I finished my remaining Primegrid WUs.

Nflight
05-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Thank You everyone for this effort on SoB, I started on this project many months ago and lately have been extremely busy with work. I have left the SoB on all the time ( except when I loose power damn PUC). I never figured I would make it to 13th place.

Welcome back gamer007, Gatekeeper53 and everyone else crunching away on this project. We could not have completed all that we have accomplished with out everyones participation.

:blob3:

Ototero
05-21-2008, 07:29 PM
I can't get this to connect.

What host and port settings are people using?

Nflight
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Currently it looks like the project is down, That is a first for me, this project has never been down. I emailed both admins on the project and asked for them to look into it. I will repost as soon as I know something!

Bender10
05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Some SoB party. I show up, and the doors are locked.....:-(

vaughan
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
You guys broke it :(

Nflight
05-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I got email from the Admins they had some scheduled maintenance for that time frame and that email came back to me 14 hours ago. I have been away from the desk since that time frame.

We are all back up and running, no one broke anything. Climb on board Bender10, Hello Vaughan nice to see you visit - your about to lose 1# st Place!

:blob3:

liuqyn
05-23-2008, 01:45 AM
ack, DD's about to pass me and I won't be home till tomorrow or Saturday to add some more muscle.

gamer007
05-23-2008, 01:47 AM
I'll catch up to you guys. Slowly, but surely. :icon_razz:

Lagu
05-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I´m onboard now with 2 cores 1 on my Intel and 1 on my AMD. But I notised we are not going upwards. FreDC has a green upward pile. Are there many as will dump work units?

Lagu:)

Nflight
05-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Lagu we are moving upward, every minute, every hour, and every day we are surging skyward. Look again at the charts including my previous posts.
http://stats.amdusers.com/amd_users_position.html

AMDave
05-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Jag har anlänt. Flytta den!

我已抵達。急於!

Jsem přijel. Rychle!

私は到着します。急いで!

Je suis ici. Allez allez!

لقد وصلت. على عجل!

Tenho chegado. Depressa!

मेरे पास आया है . एक कदम पर प्राप्त करें !

He llegado. Rápido!

Я прибыл. Спешите!

Ich bin angekommen. Beeilung!

Giddyup y'all. :icon_twisted:

google translate (http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=en&tl=sv)

Lagu
05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
AMDave you is for glorious! Always on the happy and full of artifice side.

Vad skrev jag nu?:icon_wink:

Lars-Gunnar:)

Frederic Brillouet
05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Jag har anlänt. Flytta den!

我已抵達。急於!

Jsem přijel. Rychle!

私は到着します。急いで!

Je suis ici. Allez allez!

لقد وصلت. على عجل!

Tenho chegado. Depressa!

मेरे पास आया है . एक कदम पर प्राप्त करें !

He llegado. Rápido!

Я прибыл. Спешите!

Ich bin angekommen. Beeilung!

Giddyup y'all. :icon_twisted:

google translate (http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=en&tl=sv)
wheres the dutch one?

AMDave
05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Het werk van de schrijver is nooit volto...:icon_razz:

Frederic Brillouet
05-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Het werk van de schrijver is nooit volto...:icon_razz:
hahahaha, nice one

dat heb je goed gedaan ;-)

sentient_life
05-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Slight tweak to the German one:

Ich habe angekommen. Beeilen!

Frederic Brillouet
05-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Slight tweak to the German one:

Ich habe angekommen. Beeilen!
you speak german?

sentient_life
05-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I took 2 years (9th and 10th grade) of German in high school...15 years ago.:icon_wink:I had a little help from the Google translator, too. Just to be sure.

I'm seriously thinking of picking up some Spanish classes at a local college. I've had very little opportunity to utilize any of my German, since most people coming from the German-speaking areas have little trouble conversing in English.

Frederic Brillouet
05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I took 2 years (9th and 10th grade) of German in high school...15 years ago.:icon_wink:I had a little help from the Google translator, too. Just to be sure.

I'm seriously thinking of picking up some Spanish classes at a local college. I've had very little opportunity to utilize any of my German, since most people coming from the German-speaking areas have little trouble conversing in English.
sure

"I am Hanz und ich habe ein lange schwanz" hahaha

Steve Lux
05-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I bet you tell all the girls that.

Frederic Brillouet
05-23-2008, 11:47 PM
I bet you tell all the girls that.
hahaha, close, but not really lol

I usually tell them my long hair makes me like a combination of Samson of the bible story and the duracell bunny (it keeps on going and going and going...) hahaha

(not really)

Nflight
05-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Back to topic, We have now passed the Securiteinfo Team and moved into 20th place. Nice going everyone and at this rate we should pass the next team in about 5 days or so.

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=sob

Passing stats are your own calculations as the machine is stuck at the peak output of the next team which is a false pretext in my opinion. We can do this team mates we can pass the next team with ease. Again thanks to long time crunchers bigmanwhs and stim, and everyone else that has pitched in the last few weeks! :blob3:

Jeff
05-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Are you sure that's right? What is the math for overtaking the next team?

I am confused -->:icon_confused:

gatekeeper53
05-25-2008, 12:36 AM
we are .51P behind or about 510T and we are getting about 12T a day. It might take longer than 5 days.

Nflight
05-25-2008, 01:52 AM
pardon the error I missed a digit ~! Oops :(

Welcome Back to the Project Vaughan

Nflight
05-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Holy mother of Pearl, Wow Liugyn I think you need a heater or cooler or vice versa for your residence. That is a lot of heat coming from your arena. Nice job, well done! That will surely make a difference in our stats. You too Gatekeeper53 a great output is well appreciated. Gamer007 thanks for helping here on this project. I just asked Scooter to rejoin us as I know he likes the numbers projects. Lets hope for great things as we surely are standing out with over 180M per day of output. :blob3:

Next team stats: http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/teams/team.mhtml?teamID=191

And you wonder where I got the 5 days stats from, :o) alcohol speaking - its the weekend

vaughan
05-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Welcome Back to the Project Vaughan
You are most welcome Nflight.

The P4 Prescott was longing to run SOB again. :icon_wink:

Lagu
05-26-2008, 07:29 PM
The SOB agent has following alternative:

A. Transmit intermediate blocks. Know what that means.
B: On completation, exit w/o new blocks Dont know what means exaktly Can anyone explain for me vhat A is for or if it is god or bad choose B?

I have choose a as it was as standard.

Blocks: goes fast
Full test: seems takes a whole week

Right now the agent has been up 48.44 hours
Full test at 31,3 % on Intel C2D

On my AMD64, 3200
The agent has been up 81.58 hours
Full test at 28,2 %

It is easy see whish computer as is most powerfull for that project.

gatekeeper53
05-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Lagu,

The intermediate block report is sent and you get the score for what your machine has done (about each hour you can see it here: http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=sob&team=AMD_Users If you don't check the box it will wait until the test is done running and do a dump of all your points (like Beer does). On the other thing; If you want to finish the test you are running and then go on to some other project then you check the box to exit w/o new blocks and the project won't send you a new test. At least that what I was told.

Danish Dynamite
05-26-2008, 11:04 PM
On the other thing; If you want to finish the test you are running and then go on to some other project then you check the box to exit w/o new blocks and the project won't send you a new test. At least that what I was told.

i can confirm that is correct

Lagu
05-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Lagu,

The intermediate block report is sent and you get the score for what your machine has done (about each hour you can see it here: http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=sob&team=AMD_Users If you don't check the box it will wait until the test is done running and do a dump of all your points (like Beer does). On the other thing; If you want to finish the test you are running and then go on to some other project then you check the box to exit w/o new blocks and the project won't send you a new test. At least that what I was told.

Thanks gatekeeper53. It was easy understand. Either send blocks when they are done or either run all at once ant then dump it. I prefer end block intermittent.

I had to quit the agent and then when I started it i got a new task and all began from start. It seems not remain in the memory. It is common?

Lars-Gunnar:)

gatekeeper53
05-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Lagu,

Here is a link to some pretty good instructions on getting back a partial wu that was lost. http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7434 I just try not to exit the project to often because the recovery is a pain.

Beerknurd
05-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know how long our push in this project is going to be??

liuqyn
05-29-2008, 02:32 AM
personally, I am switching to Poem for the next month, after that I'll be back here though maybe not as much as I doing now.

gamer007
05-29-2008, 07:21 AM
For me, I'm planning on switching to PrimeGrid for their TPS LLR challenge on June 12th.

Danish Dynamite
05-29-2008, 09:38 AM
i will keep this going on this for 3 or so more weeks, well till we move into OUR new house (well banks), no idea how long it will take to get ADSL moved to new address.

vaughan
05-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone know how to change the settings in the SOB Service protocol for m quads so that I can tell it to "not get a new task on completion of the current one" (or whatever the wording is)? I scared I'll lose the partially crunched work if I adjust the settings so I'm leaving the computers running SON alone.

Nflight
05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Vaughan I would say shoot a message over to IronBits at Free-DC he should be able to help. They do have him as the favorite SoB know it all !

liuqyn
05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
stop the service, launch the agent, make and save changes, then restart the service. should work.

Danish Dynamite
05-29-2008, 12:32 PM
wouldn't typing sobsvc -k in cmd window bring up icon/s in task bar and then be able to change on completion exit without new test ?

AMDave
05-29-2008, 01:00 PM
You are right DD.
That works for me.
>sobsvc -k
then go into the Service Management console and stop and restart the service and the GUI client appears
The "sobsvc -k" sets and un-sets a flag, so if you use the command again & restart the service the GUI will not appear on restart
It is important to use this flag if you have multiple clients running on multiple cores.

gamer007
05-29-2008, 09:32 PM
"sobsvc -k" has never seem to worked for me. I would enable it, restart the computer/restart service but the taskbar icon doesn't appear.

Using Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Nflight
06-01-2008, 10:28 AM
I just want to Thank You all for helping on this project, in the past 7 days our scores have echoed around the project to most of the other Teams crunching that we do have power to lead or maintain our position.

We have just rolled over the 2000 day old mark putting what looks like the second longest continuously advancing Team on the Project, only Free-DC has a longer stance.

Go Team :blob3: Go

Danish Dynamite
06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
i have managed to find a way to get a bit more out of my comps via SBQueue v0.21 (http://home.att.net/~k.brazier/programs/java/sbqueue/) the way i have it set up it kinda works like a very fast proxy i guess, block gets finished and reported to sbqueue and client loses very little time reporting work unit since it is on local comp, so you gain a few seconds each block sbqueue reports block in normal time since I enabling auto report blocks

liuqyn
06-06-2008, 01:08 AM
even faster yet is not to report after blocks, that way your comp doesn't miss a single cycle. but then you don't get the regular updates online.

Danish Dynamite
06-06-2008, 03:58 AM
yes this is true but since running sob as a service does not want to work on my comp (xp_x64) and the work around i used to get all cores working does not allow you to continue those work units if you restart comp

Nflight
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Danish Dynamite your problem continues I hear, I wish I knew how to get it up and working like everyone else's.

ON the other hand if you look at my stats and see them diminished please note I am running in silent mode. Not reporting my blocks till the entire K is finished. Getting a little more speed in the systems as mentioned above really does work. It just makes me look like I shut down my systems and I have not.
Have a Great Day Everyone :blob3:

SB2
06-08-2008, 12:07 PM
You might want to try this --> http://devel.bluetentacle.co.uk/index.php?page=sob-service-installer

It has worked very well for me in the past on WIN XP_64 machines.

Danish Dynamite
06-08-2008, 01:26 PM
i now have 2 clients running as a service and one normally, appears to work with SBQueue as well
thank you

Nflight
06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
bigmanwhs has just made it into 3rd place. NICE JOB Bigmanwhs! :blob3:

Beerknurd
06-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I finally moved up a place and am less than 10T away from 100T!!!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... :icon_razz:

gatekeeper53
06-13-2008, 12:28 AM
I think I found a new and different way to up my output on SOB. Since I've been helping out at a friends confuser store he has consented to a $10 discount on repairs to his customers if they will let me borg their machines. LOL The trouble is that 90% of the people around here are on dial up and turn off their machines when not in use.

Nflight
06-14-2008, 01:25 PM
@Gatekeeper53: I see you slowed down suddenly, I hope it is not because your approaching my place in the ranks. Feel free to lay some Tire Prints in my back, you can even use snow tires with studs if you prefer. But don't slow down for me, I am getting used to getting run-over, just ask Liuqyn and Danish Dynamite.

This a Team Effort make the most of your abilities even if they aren't as superior as the next guy, we are all putting the most we can at this time! :blob3:

liuqyn
06-14-2008, 01:52 PM
plus it's more fun to then slow down and let you run me over right back.

Danish Dynamite
06-14-2008, 10:55 PM
i am down to phenom 9600 and 4600, i have packed up other computers and related stuff (room now echo's when we speak) , once we have moved i am going to finished 5200 for my parents and other 4600 may be put in use for my daughter since she is liking to type in notepad might be time to actually let her use her comp i bought for her when she was 2 years old and still hasnt used it (turns 4 on tuesday) lol, i will work out the finer details after we move into our new house (i believe it should be the 23rd this month we get keys) i think i have worked out how to use SBQueue correctly and i will just crunch away off line till we get cable installed i think was the 24th it was organized for ?

Nflight
06-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Good Morning

Today is June 28th, 2008; we have in our sites 19th place. We are just 90 T away from clinching this position. To everyone out there crunching away, Thank You very much for your hard work. I calculate that by Monday night or Tuesday morning we should be with in reach of 19th position.

Lets not stop there as we push forward the next position is just a few more months away. I am sure we can usher some fierce competitors to return and focus there mighty output on this project. We just have to make this project look more appealing then BOINC. We may even be able to land a newbie if we try hard enough, ahemmitchellds could you spare some cycles and help us out over here ~? :blob3:

gatekeeper53
06-28-2008, 12:39 PM
WELCOME BACK!! DD!!! Nice Dump

Danish Dynamite
06-28-2008, 02:12 PM
thanks thanks only a dually still have a dump from phenom but i have to find switch first

Nflight
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
plus it's more fun to then slow down and let you run me over right back.

I was trying awful hard to catch up then you could not stay away. Thats a good thing, because I have moved back into 13th Place once more and your in my line of site there Liuqyn! :icon_twisted: Just a little fun in slow down and catch up ! :blob3: :blob3:

liuqyn
07-14-2008, 02:00 AM
sorry for not letting you pass, :icon_twisted: maybe next time. :biggrin:

gatekeeper53
07-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Our first team member to reach 500T!!!! :wav:Congratulations:wav: :wav:CHAZ!!!:wav:

vaughan
07-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes.

Congratulations to Chaz who reigns supreme in Seventeen or Bust. :icon_thumright:

Try as I can I cannot build enough momentum to re-take #1.

All hail mighty Chaz.

Nflight
07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes.

Congratulations to Chaz who reigns supreme in Seventeen or Bust. :icon_thumright:

Try as I can I cannot build enough momentum to re-take #1.

All hail mighty Chaz.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/markfleser/Smileys/bow.gif Supreme Being :blob3: All Hail the chief

AMDave
07-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Whoa Nelly!
AND he's clocked in the 500T milestone today!

Well done Chaz!

gatekeeper53
07-14-2008, 11:05 PM
:wav::icon_thumright::wav::icon_thumright::wav::ic on_thumright:
This really is a big day in SOB! Along with Chaz hitting 500T, we have Nflight getting past 60T and as a TEAM we surpassed 3P

chaz
07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the support guys, its been a great team effort so far, and it wont be long before we overtake Team Norway. Wooot:qgreenjumpers:

Danish Dynamite
07-15-2008, 07:13 PM
well done chaz

Lagu
07-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Congrats chaz and very well done.

gatekeeper53
07-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Chaz,
What on earth did you fire up at 3:30 this afternoon? Jezzzzz this next dump should be a monster.

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/users/user.mhtml?userID=3569 140M Lord

Beerknurd
07-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Holy BaJesus!!!! It looks like Chaz got a hold of a Cray and put it online about 3:00pm!!!

chaz
07-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Wow. As much as I'd like to say it was me, I cant..... I dont know what that is to be honest. Maybe someone was feeling generous? :dontknow:

vaughan
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Nice dump today by Lagu. Well done 3.367T in one bundle.

Sweet. :)

gatekeeper53
07-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Nice going Lagu!!!

Beerknurd
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I am soooo close to 100T I can taste it!!!

Lagu
07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Thank you Vaughan and Gatekeeper53.

I didn´t know that. Regarding the log I had done 3 results. Soon after it was finiched I was working with my electrical lawnmover when a fuse was gone and all my computers went down.

I had to restart them when I noticed the Intel began crunch a new task of SoB. So nothing happen with my computers. They continued work as nothing had happen. But I become a little sweaty of the stress and high temperature in the computer room. It is real high temperature every day during our summer. I have the computer room to the southside and the house is built of wood. The wall of the house get hotter of the sun.

gatekeeper53
07-17-2008, 01:09 AM
I hear you about the warm weather it's 8:05 pm here right now and my weatherbug is telling me that it is still 35.1C. I hope it cools off some here tonight.
I, like many of us, was sitting looking at the stats and was suprised to see that we are due, at our current pace to move up several spots in SOB in the comming weeks. At our current average (16T) we are forecast to pass into 18th place in 26 days, 17th place in 35 days and 16th place in 36 days. Seeing this I just had to look at what an increase in power would do as we could lessen the impact of what those other teams are putting out on a daily basis. If we were to double our output to 32T daily we would move into 18th place in 13 days, 17th place in 14 days and 16th in 18 days. As I see that Rechenkraft is ramping up their production we might only make it to 17th place soon. But, to move up 2 or 3 places in SOB in 2 weeks time is still quite a feat.

Danish Dynamite
07-17-2008, 04:46 PM
sounds like i need to unpack 4600 and 5200 lol

AMDave
07-18-2008, 12:47 PM
vaughan has also passed 500T today

CONGRATULATIONS VAUGHAN !

You lil ripper :)
and welcome BJohannson to the SoB team:hello:

gatekeeper53
07-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Way to go Vaughan!!!!! Now we have two team members above 500T and headed to the top 100 in the project! I have a feeling that this effort is in for a little burst of speed in the next 24 hours!

Nflight
07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
vaughan has also passed 500T today

CONGRATULATIONS VAUGHAN !

You lil ripper :)
and welcome BJohannson to the SoB team:hello:

Way to GO Vaughan and a Big Welcome to BJohannson :blob3::blob3::blob3:

B Johansson
07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Thank You! Nflight.
I have just started with SOB and will continue with no boinc.

gatekeeper53
07-18-2008, 09:31 PM
For anyone that is just starting SOB here is a thread that helped me alot. http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8086

gatekeeper53
07-18-2008, 09:33 PM
WooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Beer got the taste of 100T that he has been craving!!!! Congrats BEER!!!

Beerknurd
07-18-2008, 10:42 PM
:wav: :wav:

It's about damn time!!!!! 100T takes forever!!!! :lol:

Thanks Terry!!!

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Hot Damn!!!! Welcome to the party Mitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if we can get Bruce to toss in a couple of boxes we'll be on our way to doubling our daily output to 32T

vaughan
07-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Could someone host the latest Beta client of SOB please? Uni Mich site is down. It is supposed to give a 5% increase in speed. (Chaz need not read this :icon_twisted: ) :)

Bender10
07-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Is this the beta you are looking for??

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13812

The site worked for me...

Nflight
07-19-2008, 10:49 AM

It's about damn time!!!!! 100T takes forever!!!! :lol:

Thanks Terry!!!

Way to Go Beer!! You have achieved my Goal as well, I just hope I can maintain my output to get there all in due time! Go Beerknurd :blob3:

vaughan
07-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Is this the beta you are looking for??

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13812

The site worked for me...
Thanks Bender10 - yes that's it. I also got the site to work tonite so now I have the Beta I can install it across the pharm.

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 03:43 PM
so what is our team number to add to the config ?

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 03:52 PM
just type amdusers and that will take care of it.

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 03:54 PM
ok, another thing, what about multicore for quads on linux? I see how to set this on windows, but not IX ?

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 03:56 PM
the one to talk to is ironbits over at freedc he knows this thing forward and backwards most likely he can point you at a thred that is already up in their forum.

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll do some checking and see what I can find and post it here.

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 03:59 PM
This help any? Our team Number is: 83

mkdir sob
cd sob
tar -xvfz sb250-Linux.tar.tz
edit the sbclient.conf file and make sure the following is used

ServerAddress sb.pns.net
ServerPort 1717

Username crankytech

Team 60 (assuming you want Free-DC)
LogFile sclient.log
LogToConsole 1
MaxLogSize 100
PriorityLevel 5
# 1 - Enable
# 0 - Disable
Transmit 1
MaxReportRetries 0
MaxRetries 0
RetryWait 1200

Save sclient.conf, then type the following
./sb
It should take right off.
DNET: pproxy.Free-DC.org
STATS: http://stats.Free-DC.org (http://stats.free-dc.org/)

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 04:34 PM
yup tried all of that twice, it wont even start on ubuntu linux for some reason. I downloaded it twice and conf'd it twice. no errors, no logfile output, nadda.

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Another spot you might look: http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13775

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 04:57 PM
hmm, yes, it appears to be a 32 bit shared library problem. I'm running 64 bit os. Let me fiddle with that a bit.

SB2
07-19-2008, 05:49 PM
./sb sclient.conf

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 07:06 PM
ok, it was a 32 bit lib issue. Got that fixed. Now its running 100% on one cpu core out of four. So how can I get to run multicore? Any conf switches for that ? Will starting it four times work without causing problems?

SB2
07-19-2008, 08:47 PM
4 seperate directories, start 4 clients is what I am doing.

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 08:57 PM
ah, that simple ? ok, I'm on it.

SB2
07-19-2008, 09:03 PM
ah, that simple ? ok, I'm on it.

Looking forward to seeing what your output is like :icon_wink:

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
ok, I'm onboard with 10 quads. Lets see how this runs for a bit. Thanks for your help SB2

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 09:31 PM
You can take a gander at your output here against anyone else
The first one is Mitch and the second is Chaz

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/users/user.mhtml?userID=15271

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/users/user.mhtml?userID=3569

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=sob&team=83

SB2
07-19-2008, 09:39 PM
ok, I'm onboard with 10 quads. Lets see how this runs for a bit. Thanks for your help SB2

no problem, glad to help. I'll see if I can match your rate for a few days, who knows the team might reach 300 or 400 cEMs.

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 09:41 PM
A Big Welcome to the Party SB2! something tells me our team output for today will be way up!

mitchellds
07-19-2008, 09:58 PM
also just added a 8-way barcelona for grins.

SB2
07-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Hmmm.... now this is getting interesting.

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 10:01 PM
I just loaded a Beta version and it looks like I'm getting very close to a 20% increase in speed. It's on an old single core. It went from 40.5 minutes for 10 blocks to 32.2 min.

gatekeeper53
07-19-2008, 10:08 PM
You 2 are going to make a little differance Dave is going at about 175 cEm/sec and SB is at about 80!

SB2
07-19-2008, 10:54 PM
You 2 are going to make a little differance Dave is going at about 175 cEm/sec and SB is at about 80!

Looks like the team has hit 400 cEMs/sec, anyone up to trying for 500?

liuqyn
07-20-2008, 01:45 AM
just put the majority of my remaining cpu's on, though half are also finishing up boinc wu's.
not going to match our newcomers, but will give the team another boost.

gatekeeper53
07-21-2008, 12:50 AM
I wrote this 4 days ago:

I, like many of us, was sitting looking at the stats and was surprised to see that we are due, at our current pace to move up several spots in SOB in the coming weeks. At our current average (16T) we are forecast to pass into 18th place in 26 days, 17th place in 35 days and 16th place in 36 days. Seeing this I just had to look at what an increase in power would do as we could lessen the impact of what those other teams are putting out on a daily basis. If we were to double our output to 32T daily we would move into 18th place in 13 days, 17th place in 14 days and 16th in 18 days. As I see that Rechenkraft is ramping up their production we might only make it to 17th place soon. But, to move up 2 or 3 places in SOB in 2 weeks time is still quite a feat.

God I love it when I'm wrong!!!! As a team we are at 40.752 today and still have 6 hours of reporting left to go. Just a few days ago I was daydreaming about an output of 32T a day and that was nothing but a dream as we were putting out ~16T at that time. Due to some of our team members, pardon the expression, going Apeshit on SOB the above numbers are a pale representation of what is happening! At our current rate ~52T there is a chance that we can move into 18th place in 6 days!!!!! 17th place in 8 days and 16th place in the same 8 days!!!! To pass 3 teams in 2 days is not something that happens in a project where the points are measures in numbers that Bok has trouble graphing in his stats system. So, anyone else that wants in on the pass needs to hurry and finish up on whatever it is there running and fire up a system or 2 or like Mitch and a few others 10+ in SOB.

mitchellds
07-21-2008, 03:33 AM
Interesting info. Fun to drop in on the party, and especially to watch the reactions of other teams when they see our changes in outputs. You'll get to see who considers this a important project for their DC ranks huh?

mitchellds
07-21-2008, 06:10 PM
wow sb2, nice output !!

Did you BORG a data processing facility?

SB2
07-21-2008, 07:38 PM
wow sb2, nice output !!

Did you BORG a data processing facility?

Umm .... no, it's the home farm.

Lagu
07-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Looks like the team has hit 400 cEMs/sec, anyone up to trying for 500?

Yes, we togheter had a output of 570,78 M when i checked their stats page 2008-07-21 clock 23,05 I.E. 11,05 PM.

gatekeeper53
07-22-2008, 10:59 PM
If my math serves me right then we should (at our current rate) pass into 19th place sometime shortly after 9pm Friday evening CDT. 18 and 17 should fall during the day on Sat. or Sun depending on the other teams output. AMAZING!!

SB2
07-24-2008, 03:27 PM
We are experiencing som sever thunderstorms today. The UPS'es are taking a beating, power has been out 3 times already today. So I'm shutting the farm down till the stroms are over.

mitchellds
07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
yup, Bertha is working you over right now eh.

gatekeeper53
07-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Hey SB2, If you pop your head up out of your hidey hole let us know your ok.

gatekeeper53
07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
As of right now (5 pm CDT Friday) we are 49T from passing Team Norway and taking over 18th place. 145T from 17th and 148T from 16th. The loss of SB2's production and the boost in output by the 17th place team has streched out the schedule a little but we're still on a roll and drawing closer.

Nflight
07-26-2008, 10:51 PM
We are experiencing some severe thunderstorms today. The UPS'es are taking a beating, power has been out 3 times already today. So I'm shutting the farm down till the storms are over.

I am starting to worry about SB2 :sad5: I wonder if he/she is ok after Hurricane Dolly Hit the coast. It has been quite some time since we have heard anything from him/her? (SB2 implies no difference whether I am talking to a man or a woman - I am still worried for a Team Mate):-(

gatekeeper53
07-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Yes I have been wondering about SB also. I remember the times in FL when we would go days without power after minor blows. I hate that he is going to miss our pass into 18th place after all of the crunching he did. The next update (in about 20 minutes) will be when we pass.

gatekeeper53
07-27-2008, 02:11 AM
I guess Bok is working on the stats again since the page reads that the stats were last updated. Wed Dec 31, 17:00:00 1969 CDT, Now thats funny

Beerknurd
07-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Yea, there are no stats for any of the projects... :(

Hopefully they will be back online soon...

gatekeeper53
07-27-2008, 05:47 AM
They're up and we're 18th!!!!

Nflight
07-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I just added two more cores to the Team Effort! Since SB2 is down and I am feeling a pinch as I see Lagu churning up behind me. I have the power I just have been running another project. For now that project is on hold DPAD; and SoB is running 4 cores most of the day! 3 cores when I am sitting here...

Go TEAM Go !! :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

gatekeeper53
07-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Looks like I'm about to be run over by that freight train named Mitch for 8th place. Not a problem tommorow or the next day I'll drag my broken and mangled body back into 8th by running over someone else, and so it goes. Only about 69T to 17th place.

vaughan
07-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I've decided to light the after-burners. Lookout Chaz :icon_wink:

Wiefereich can wait.

mitchellds
07-28-2008, 01:46 AM
heh heh, the wheels on a (freight) train go round and round... :icon_rolleyes:

Danish Dynamite
07-28-2008, 05:19 AM
:icon_twisted: puts concrete barriers on railway tracks :icon_twisted: hurry up you only have one day to get barriers in place :icon_lol:

gatekeeper53
07-28-2008, 09:22 AM
You know I was just looking back through this thread and no one answered the original question: "I anyone up for a SOB run?". I guess the results make it obvious. I am kind of wondering where the guy that asked the question is. Like in the movie Shane, Jeff come backkkk. DD, Mitch will get me, you and a couple of others but then it'll be a long dry spell even with his power to get one of the top 2. 300T is a long run between 3rd and second. But, at the rate he's going it's still under a month.

Nflight
07-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh Chaz Be on the Look Out, Vaughan is taking over 1st place today at the rate he is putting out. Be fore warned, You need to hit that turbo button and Quick!

gatekeeper53
07-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the party Bruce! Glad your feeling a little better.

gatekeeper53
07-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Now 17th!!!!

gatekeeper53
07-29-2008, 10:32 AM
And 16th!!!!!!!

Beerknurd
07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

:wav:

Nflight
07-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

:wav:

What he Said ^

vaughan
07-29-2008, 09:54 PM
The easy places are secured, now its a longer haul to get the next rank.

mitchellds
07-29-2008, 09:58 PM
heh heh, so I usually start my morning off with a coffee and maybe a Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit, but this morning I had a coffee and a "Danish" instead... :icon_twisted:

(Friendly jest between team mates) :)

gatekeeper53
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
The fun part is that I only get 3 or 4T per day but, most of those machines will be on this project till they die or are replaced as the owners agreed to let this run from now on for a $25 reduction in their repair bill. lol So who knows someday 3 or 4 thousand days from now I might just run over a few people.

liuqyn
07-29-2008, 10:48 PM
just service alot more pc's

gatekeeper53
07-29-2008, 11:25 PM
LOL I just do it as a hobby at a friends shop. He loves it as it gets him alot of good will from his customers and it doesen't cost him a thing. Most of them are old 2.x Ghz P4's or Celerons. It's working out well for me to as I'm picking up skills working on laptops. So as far as servicing alot of machines well to get 3 or 4T a day is alot of machines. LOL

Nflight
08-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I just want to point out to all those who aided our last big surge in SoB that we/I greatly appreciated your help and surplus CPU's while they lasted. Mitchellds, Liuqyn, and everyone who is still hard at work crunching away Thank You very much for helping on this project.

As you can see I am still committed to reach 100T, I am at 80T now and foresee another 20 or so days at this elevated rate to achieve my goal.

Thank You everyone for helping. Good luck on your next project and God Speed! :blob3:

Beerknurd
08-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I have a dump coming really soon... :)

Frederic Brillouet
08-13-2008, 06:39 AM
We need a plumber atBeer's house!!! urgently! The sewage pipes need extra capacity!

Beerknurd
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
There will be another one of equal or higher value sometime later today... :)

Nflight
08-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Go Gatekeeper53 you just passed 200T ! Woo Hoo :blob3: