PDA

View Full Version : The Big POEM Athon (01.06.2008-30.06.2008)

txt.file
05-28-2008, 10:57 AM
http://starmageddon.dyndns.org/pboinc/index.php

Is anyone against attendance by this race?

AMDave
05-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I am not sure what reasons people would have for being against this?

It appears to promote activity in the POEM project.
It does not appear to be devisive.

It does seem to be taking a long time for them to get their site and database functions together.

Steve Lux
05-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't understand the syntax of the question. I do however dislike advertising that purposely covers site articles. That said, POEM looks like a good project.

vaughan
06-01-2008, 05:13 AM
Its a race between teams running Poem@Home for the month of June. Our new team mate Txt.file has registered our team in the competition.

Anyone want to run Poem (hint Frederic :icon_twisted:, :icon_wink: ) so we can score some points in the Poem project?

(Personally, I'm otherwise occupied as a canny wee Scot (called FlyingfocRS of the Scottish Boinc Team) flew past me in the Test Malaria Project run by the University of Cape Town so my boxen are moving to that gauntlet. Also noticed a chap called PoorBoy that is looming large in my rearview mirror.)

sentient_life
06-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Its a race between teams running Poem@Home for the month of June. Our new team mate Txt.file has registered our team in the competition.

Anyone want to run Poem (hint Frederic :icon_twisted:, :icon_wink: ) so we can score some points in the Poem project?

(Personally, I'm otherwise occupied as a canny wee Scot (called FlyingfocRS of the Scottish Boinc Team) flew past me in the Test Malaria Project run by the University of Cape Town so my boxen are moving to that gauntlet. Also noticed a chap called PoorBoy that is looming large in my rearview mirror.)

I noticed your lead slip. The Scots surpassed us on team credit, too. I'll probably throw some dilithium crystals on that project to help out. I've already hit 100k on POEM competing in the big race in March, so I'll sit out that one.

PoorBoy
06-01-2008, 09:35 AM

I'm not a threat Vaughan, not at the moment anyway ... :icon_twisted: ... All I've been doing the last few weeks is trying to bring up as many of my bottom projects as I can & the UTC : malaria Project just happens to be 1 of them. You can see by the RAC that I've been running the Lower Projects quite a bit ... :)

http://www.boincsynergy.com/images/stats/comb-2076.jpg

vaughan
06-01-2008, 10:01 AM
That's OK then PoorBoy. I don't think my 48 cores are a match for your PCs if you decided to overtake.

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to afford another computer room and fill that too. :icon_wink:

sentient_life
06-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Regarding UCT:malariacontrol.net:

I don't know how long the Scots are going to keep this up, but vaughan retook the individual lead, and our team is back to number one, also.

vaughan
06-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Its actually a nuisance as I wanted to switch to other 'non-test' projects but I felt I had to rise to the challenge. Maybe I'll be able to join the Poem-a-thon soon?

sentient_life
06-03-2008, 11:13 PM
It's not on DC-Vault nor a Formula BOINC valid project, so our standing won't mean a whole lot. You're not too far from 100k and maybe shut it down after that. I'm going to run it for awhile, but not all the way to 100k...yet.