PDA

View Full Version : Failed - Report Results

Beerknurd
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Is anyone else getting this message alot in Eon??

Failed - Report Results

Aftera few tries, usually several 60 second intervals later, it will go through and try to get new work.

I wonder if the problem is on my end or over at Eon... :icon_neutral:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Beerknurd/NewBitmapImage.jpg

vaughan
06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Yes and also lots of IDA messages and ZZZs. The problem is with their end. Just run multiple instances and another project to pick up the spare CPU cycles. eOn tends to do this.

Beerknurd
06-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Ok cool... At least I am not the only one... Yea, I have 2 instances of Eon and 2 SOB clients going on my dual core.

Bender10
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
FAILED...my wife is an english major...:icon_mrgreen:

Nflight
06-03-2008, 03:45 PM

Flailed is what I plan on doing with my little annoying EoN clients if they don't get moving quicker, this is so annoying they won't run. I get maybe 80 points a day from each client, balderdash.... :o(

Beerknurd
06-03-2008, 05:03 PM

Ok ok ok... I fixed it... Sheesh... :lol:

Lagu
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I have got the same messages and a lot of ZZZ. I have been running eOn before and it went much better than now.

I had Wieferich, SoB and one instance of eOn running and that cant bee to much for my Intel.

Damn eOn as will move forvard so sloooow. I have only done 94 since yesterday and on my AMD 65 on 3 days.

Lagu:icon_twisted:

vaughan
07-09-2008, 01:05 AM
If you really want to "force" eOn to try to get work thru these work unit droughts you can run multiple instances. To do this you need to create separate folders in the Program Files folder eg c:\Program Files\EON and the new fiolders c:\Program Files\EON1 and c:\Program Files\EON2 and so on. I have created 12 of these additional folders on a single core computer. Now the important bit ... you need to copy these files from the original EON folder into each of the EON1,2,3 ... folders:

analyze.exe
client.cfg
client.exe
generate.exe
key.pub

when you want to start the new instance, double click on the client.exe application and a DOS box will open. Check that it starts and shows your e-mail address inside confirming you will get the credits for the tasks crunched. You can create a desktop shortcut for each separate instance if you like. Those people with DOS batch file experience (howdy you old codger :icon_wink: ) can get fancy and create a batch file to commence all the instances at 5 second intervals etc. You will end up with many DOS boxes so you can minimize them if need be.

Using this technique Laurenu2 over at Free-DC was able to surpass the output of the University of Texas's computing center account Weltest to take on first place in the eOn daily stats. Mind you, he does admit to having in excess of 280 GHz of computing power to put to good use. :icon_rolleyes:

Lagu
07-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Thank you Vaughan. I will try our instruction.

Lagu:)

laurenu2
09-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Ya sorry I am sucking up all the WU's
Like vaughan said make EON1,2,3 ..ect. folders: and just let them run
But beware all clients use bandwidth, the more clients you run the less you have for play
I have 2 DSL lines here one just for EoN and about 50 nodes on it running the clients
If it was cooler out I would have 70 running out in my garage
I think it might help if you all sent email to EoN asking for more power

AMDave
09-19-2008, 08:11 AM
I have opened the question of the project's status to Graeme directly and asked, (I hope nicely enough), for a response to the post I made in the EON - Official Project Forum.

Did any one else read their September paper?
http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelman/pubs/xu08_114104.pdf

Some of it was above a layperson like myself, of course, but I could understand enough of it for it to be rewarding to see such positive results come from the effort.

Nflight
09-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Some of it was above a layperson like myself, of course, but I could understand enough of it for it to be rewarding to see such positive results come from the effort.

A lot is above most of us who are not involved in molecular chemistry, or biochemistry like myself. I know what they are saying but the real culprit says they need more work units completed to get the paper detailed enough to show progress. Which of course means we have to put out more, which is a problem in getting connected. The Zzz's are the fault of the team system in there location hogging up the connection.

Looking at a return to getting more work completed would be to develop the EoN project similar to Dpad. Whereby the Initial product for each EoN participant could crunch a million small work units encapsulated in one download. Then send the whole big bunch item back to them and reduce the strain on the server to less time and less bandwidth. Just thinking from the hip here, maybe I should post something like this on the EoN forum ? Any Thoughts...?

sentient_life
09-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Would they be opposed to having the yoyo@home project have a go at converting eon's workunits to work with BOINC? Evolution, Muon, and OGR seem to run pretty well outside their original programs. To the chagrin of those that don't like the BOINC environment, I'd think a lot more work would be completed.

AMDave
09-20-2008, 03:44 AM
I don't think it works well for a BOINC deployment, but if Graeme comes to the official forum, perhaps we can ask him there?

vaughan
09-20-2008, 02:31 PM
The problem with eOn seems to be the lack of bandwidth on the Uni Texas server not if its a BOINC or non-BOINC project.

Nflight
09-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes while we discuss this here it would be nice if all of us would push this discussion to the forum on the EoN site page! Yes I like the idea of the yoyo@home crew looking at a conversion. IF anything could help it would be nice!

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=61

I see AMDAVE has appeared now all we have to do is find the forum admins to find the forum as well.

Nflight
09-20-2008, 04:20 PM
This link might help get some action AMDave:

http://www.utexas.edu/academic/cit/fasttex/2006/ns/index.html

Do you want to engage this person first before I conjure up the will to write to him as well; AMDave?
Anyone else want to engage this person and inquire as to what we can do on the outside of the Texas University to make this project a success!

I know we have serious interest in making this project a success and have discussed options they may have never thought of. These people need to hear your thoughts and your directions to know there is outside interest that still exists to make this work..

Stick your neck out and make your voice heard...!

NOTE*** If you make contact with this faculty member please post responses to the rest of us. Also direct this person to our current discussion web link, and the official web link on Free-DC thanks!

AMDave
09-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Whoa, big fella.
I already wrote to Graeme.
He's a nice chap, busy, but gets to his emails.
Let's wait a bit ;)
He may be out of the office.
Scientists have lives too :D

AMDave
09-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Graeme has replied with some great news, some terrific news and some even better news.

The details are in the Official eOn forum here:
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=126915#post126915

and here in our forum for you:
http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61107#post61107