PDA

View Full Version : Rank 10 Achieved.

Ototero
06-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped.

I guess we'll ease off now because there is no threat from behind and 9th is so far off, I'm just not going to even bother to attempt it.

And thanks to Bruce, it's going to take me a billion years to get my number 1 spot back. :), Haha, just kidding. It was worth losing that spot to someone with his fire-power.

Brucifer
06-18-2008, 06:31 PM
yeah, that was a bit of a grind all right. :) The difficulty was really magnified due to the network connection issues that seem to plague this effort and which resulted in most people not being able to continue on. For a while I didn't think we were going to be able to make it as the connections really went to pieces yesterday and the day before. But luckily it cleared up during the night and was able to pass the big R.

Nflight
06-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Wholly Cow you two did it, :qgreenjumpers: That took great effort as my systems could not reach the server. Thank You Brucifier and Ototero for your gallant effort. I wonder if our DCR value will rise after this momentous achievement? I Thank Both of You for this achievement... :blob3:

Lagu
06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Ototero and Brucifer and other!

Thank you so mych for your heroic fight. I´m sorry I not could be able continue run MoneyBee as I found 2004 due to the damn connections as was the cause I stopped run that project.

I blame the MoneyBee staff as not use their forum and talked to us nor did they answer any E-mails as I sent to them.

Lagu:(

vaughan
06-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Yes thank you Ototero and Brucifer. This is a magnificent achievement - congratulations.

Like Lagu I also had major problems trying to connect to MoneyBee and it often caused a Windows error so I gave up trying to run it. My Athlon XP 2800+ still attempts to connect after I re-boot it but settles down to running eOn (4 instances), Gomez Peer, BOINC Virtual Prairie and Dimes.

Ototero
06-19-2008, 01:15 PM
During our final push, I tried this:

Navigate to :

C:\Documents and Settings\Stuart\Application Data\i42 GmbH\MoneyBee HG
(or something similar) then delete file MoneyBee.dat then restart MoneyBee.

It worked for me. I know we won't be running this any more but it would be nice to know if it solved everybodies problem.

Brucifer
06-20-2008, 12:59 AM
The sad thing about that is that you lose the completed work though. :( I had to delete quite of few of the .dat files too to get reconnected under linux during the last couple of days of that.

So I assume that you aren't going to work on it anymore to keep from losing it to #11?

Ototero
06-20-2008, 10:22 PM
I'll keep 1 machine on it. That always out-WUs Recken......

We not going to lose 10th after such a long fight.

Frederic Brillouet
06-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Congrats Bruce and Stu, you've nailed the ********s :)

Brucifer
08-27-2008, 06:04 AM
So I was out looking around tonight and I see that MB is not in the dc-vault anymore..... and thus the amd_users spot in the "misc" category dropped. So there went a whole lot of effort right down the crapper. Rather disheartening to get up towards the higher end of things and then just have it evaporate into the big void. Time to take a sabbatical I think... :-(

liuqyn
08-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I could use some help over on PSP, currently closing in on the next 3 ranks, then its a long way after them. this project is currently our lowest score in the vault.

Brucifer
08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
PSP is another one that I put a ton of hours into for the team. Wasn't much team interest in that one either. Nope, I'm going to do a little for FDC on their efforts to retain their rank in OGR as that project starts closing out. Then I think I'll just get out of the team crunching thing.