PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Debates

Jeff
09-30-2004, 07:08 PM
The first of 3 presidential debates is tongiht. Check your local listings so that you can watch.

Jeff

Jeff
10-01-2004, 02:38 AM
What do you think?

DMMc
10-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Sad to say that this one went to Kerry. IMHO :thebigsqueeze:

Keith75
10-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Well, I sure try not to be biased watching but that is hard to do. I really think Kerry just made things worse for himself and Bush was clear and concise making good arguments. Kerry just kept talking about things in very vague terms and Bush was factual and, IMHO, made Kerry look rediculous. I am a real stickler though when it comes to saying things that aren't true and Kerry and his group seem to be big on doing that and playing on peoples ignorance of issues.

Keith

Beerknurd
10-01-2004, 03:46 AM
I was stuck at school... Keith said it went to Bush. David says Kerry......

I am Republican so I say that Bush won.... Even though I didn't see it... :roll:

Jeff
10-01-2004, 03:50 AM
I think both candidates did say stuff wrong.

Check this out.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134160,00.html

Most of all guys, make sure no one gets their feelings hurt. Let keep this a friendly topic. I know politics can get people going.

Thanks
Jeff

DMMc
10-01-2004, 04:02 AM
I whole heartedly agree spjeff69. Politics can get NASTY. Myself I am a Republican but belive Kerry had the advantage tonight. I hope that I am wrong and I was just not paying close enough attention.

Beerknurd
10-01-2004, 04:09 AM
I wish I could have watched it. That way I could make my own opinions. Seems like websites or news tx seems to lean on one party. Does anyone know when the next one is??? Hopefully not on a Tuesday or Thursday night...

***********OFF TOPIC*****************

Anyone know whay the LHC or SOB "brown or green" signatures don't work in here anymore????? Jeff did you disable it or something???

Keith75
10-01-2004, 04:18 AM
I just wish bush could come off better. If he was as slick in presentation as say Bill Clinton he would mop the floor with Kerry. Unfortunately he comes off as being kinda stupid to some people because he stops and thinks about his answers. I can sypathize though since I am not a real elequent speaker. On the other hand a used car salesman can talk up a storm but what he says isn't worth dirt. LOL

Keith

Beerknurd
10-01-2004, 04:27 AM
Bush happens to be from Tx, he is a Christian, and he is Republican. That decides it for me right there. I admit Bush does come off sometimes as someone that got his ass whooped with the stupid stick. http://www.moacsupreme.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/spank.gif But I feel like he does a hell of a job. He has been put in some very difficult situations since he came to office. For that I give him much props.