PDA

View Full Version : New BOINC Forum - THANKS JEFF !

AMDave
10-01-2004, 02:13 AM
LP will be pleased to see Jeff has created a new BOINC forum on the site.

I'd like to get in first with a quick reminder to all BOINC runners.

When the AMD Users Team was migrated from S@H Classic to BOINC the membership dropped out.

PLEASE RE-SIGN to the Team.
[EDIT]
No it didn't. Apparently it was just me. See next post below.
[END EDIT]

At present the membership says 39 but only 11 have re-signed.
I know that many in that 39 have long gone, but I'm sure that there's more than 11 of us running BOINC.

Jump back in guys & it should bring back the points.

LP
10-01-2004, 06:21 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool, and a good idea, imo. ;)

With more and more Boinc projects coming online, it's good to have a central forum to encompass all of them.

:cool:

vaughan
10-01-2004, 09:53 AM
AMDave I'm not with you. How do you mean "dropped out"? Did BOINC lose the team affiliation or did we have another nickth scenario where the team founder annihilated the team in a fit of pique?
What's the link to re-join or check team affiliation status?

Also, maybe we should move the Predictor thread to this BOINC section of the forum?

AMDave
10-01-2004, 10:11 AM
vaughan

RE S@H BOINC:

I remember the Predictor event clearly. You did well to get us back on so quickly. But when the team was moved over from S@H Classic to BOINC, my name was not there and I had to re-sign on to the team. I just thought everyone else did as well. could be barking up wrong tree...their transition process did not go well for a lot of people and teams as I remember. A lot of those messages were wiped off their BOINC forums when the site went through several rebuilds as well.

I can revise it to -
Please could anyone running SetiBOINC check that they have signed up to the team.

RE Threads:
I concur.
Both Predictor and LHC threads could be moved here.
Also there were some SetiBOINC threads somewhere in another forum too...

bwhite
10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Just checked my seti stats under the old system and all is OK there. So opened a seti BOINC account...that is as far as I got as it wont let me sign up for AMD Users team at this time. Will try again later and see what happens.

SB2
10-02-2004, 02:42 AM
It seems LHC is down, getting the "no work available" message and unable to get to thier website. :-(