PDA

View Full Version : Windows Sp3

Lagu
08-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Have anoyne notised Microsoft have released SP3 for Windows Home/proffessional?

Yesterday I got a message as told me it was SP3 (Kb936929) at 69,1 MB. Users has told Microsoft about bugs and bad things so I was thinking I should test the patch.

Said and done and it went not well first. The computer AMD began restart a few times but then it was normal. BUT YOU MUST REREGISTER YOUR OS. And you can choose to guard your system directly or await to another time. I.E it is Windows Firewall it ask for.

Now I have upgrade my AMD Athlon and will see how it went. It seems take forewer because the computer is so slow.

My AMD64 needed 25-30 minutes.

Lagu:)

gamer007
08-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Yup, it's been out for a while now.

I've installed it on my friend's and my brother's Windows XP systems. Seems to be working fine. :)

NeoGen
08-25-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm using it at work with no complaints so far. Everything is running smoothly. Only differences I noticed was in the remote desktop stuff, there's more security on it now, or so it seems.

vaughan
08-25-2008, 01:39 AM
All my systems have been upgraded to it now. Last one completed over the weekend. No problems with any of them - all updated without a problem.

Lagu
08-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I have now upgraded my AMD Athlon and now I wasn´t forced register the OS. Strange, perhaps my AMD64 is different from other but I think it not is so.

If I not had register my OS before I upgrade I should have been reminded and if I refuse register the OS should not work as long it had done.

Now my Intel is the last to be upgraded. Good read there is no complaints.

Lagu:icon_confused:

Bender10
09-02-2008, 12:38 AM
So, It sounds like the SP3 patch is going ok? I still have not jumped on that. I'm just doing the normal patches.

Maybe next weekend I'll give it a spin.

Steve Lux
09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Just upgraded this morning at work. Hasn't crashed yet.

Were I to have a wish list for a specific Microsoft upgrade, other than security, I'd wish for an Excel upgrade. I use honking big spreadsheets at work and have to split them up because Excel can't handle thier size. Sad thing is they are only about 50 columns and 700 rows or so each on each of sheets including 24 pareto charts. Each sheet includes lots of formulas that indicate our work request backlog, metrics and personnel utilization. This first thing that starts to hiccup is an alert pops up indicating that I can't include any more fonts in the workbook. That is about half way through the year. later, other alerts come up that simply crash Excel and lock up my system. Hence, I have to split up my spreadsheets about half-way through the year.

NeoGen
09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Excel has its limitations indeed... you may want to consider migrating to something more suitable like a database? :)
I didn't hit physical limits of Excel but I hit practical limits, I once had such large and fully interrelated worksheets that any little number I changed forced a full-scale update of the workbook that took between 15 and 30 minutes. That was the time when I decided not to get into Excel for that kind of stuff anymore. :)

It never crashed on me, but I remember seeing it on the task manager at 100% cpu usage for lenghty periods, and with over 100 megs of RAM constantly taken.