PDA

View Full Version : News update

vaughan
11-16-2008, 08:10 AM
From the project's home page:
Docking@Home will be back on November 23, 2008.
We stopped only the distribution of work. Thank you for your understanding and see you soon!!

November 14, 2008 20:15 UTC
The week of November 17 to 21 the team of Docking@Home is attending to Supercomputing 2008 (http://sc08.supercomputing.org/). During that week we won't be able to take care appropriately of the server and we won't be able to address issues that may arise, therefore we will stop distribution of work from November 14 to November 23. The server and other daemons will still working. Results will be validated and credit will be granted. We won't be able answer quiestions on the forums. Thank you for your undestanding and see you soon!!

vaughan
02-02-2009, 03:46 AM
The Docking@Home project admins have sent their volunteers an informative newsletter which is a smart way of encouraging participation in their project.

The tasks are about 1.78MB each to download with an estimated crunch time of 3.5hrs on my 1.67GHz laptop (work horse). The project's applications support Windows and Linux so it would be nice to get some work crunched.

We are being annihilated in the points scores by the teams around us. :(

sentient_life
02-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Pretty sad. We were #2 overall before they opened up account creation permanently. I'm working on getting CommunityTSC up to 100k, and then I'll jump back on Docking.

liuqyn
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I have a hard time running projects like this one, with the large downloads and short run times. I do have a free bandwidth in the early mornings, but quite often BOINC doesn't behave and send/receive on schedule ever day. I'm having that problem right now with simap, half of my farm didn't request new work this morning and will probably run out later today(if not already), and being a truck driver I won't get back home til the weekend.

vaughan
02-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Time to resurrect an old thread.

Docking seem to have overcome many but not all of the recent problematic Zero length files. For those not up-to-date on this project some tasks download and they just run for ever without the % complete progressing. If you get any that are stuck on 0% for more than a few minutes (on a medium or stronger powered machine) just abort them and get new tasks. They'll Computation error out and get replaced.

Scott and myself have engaged in a nice gauntlet over the last few days but his 1090Ts are getting the better of me. A little too hot here at the moment for serious overclocking and I have maxed my household power supply so cannot add any more machines without getting yet another power circuit installed. I'm spread across a few different projects so that doesn't help my cause either :)

Docking usually has plenty of work and the downloads are not too big at around 1.2MB. They take a few hours to crunch.