PDA

View Full Version : Rc5

Bender10
12-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Yikes..!!

5K for one day...That was with a combination of GPU/client settings. Since this morning, I have been running on just 1 shared gpu. lets see how that does.

Nflight
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Is this the new 9800X2 your talking about? :blob3:

Bender10
12-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Yes, it has 2 cards in 1 inclosure, and it mounts in 1 pcie slot.

I switched over so that I am only running rc5 (sharing with ps3grid) on 1 of the cards to see how that does. The other card is running just ps3grid.

AMDave
12-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Now he notices!
That's what I was getting at in the other thread.
You have a real a$$-kicker there.

Brucifer
12-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Now he notices!
That's what I was getting at in the other thread.
You have a real a$$-kicker there.

Yep, sure does. That runs circles around the PS3 on rc5 too as far as output. However the PS3 is more conservative on the electrical consumption.

Jason1478963
12-03-2008, 12:11 AM
my old ati 1950 pros walked circles around the ps3 on folding at home

Bender10
12-05-2008, 01:39 AM
I just ran up 9,747 points for 24 hr test run...It might have been more, but the cpu was still crunching Boinc, and soaking up a few cycles from feeding the gpu (maybe).

Brucifer
12-05-2008, 01:43 AM
That is really impressive!!!

AMDave
12-05-2008, 07:21 AM
That's a hum dinger of a 1 day update, Bender10!

and that is called "kicking my a$$":icon_razz:

Bender10
12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh my josh, Who was that??
AMDave??
but I just passed you ...twice...??
Must have been AMDave and his other brother AMDave...:icon_rolleyes:
Hey Brucifer. Did you get your GPU on the air yet?

Nflight
12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Wow :blob3:

http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmember.php?project_id=8&team=28697

:wav:

Brucifer
12-05-2008, 07:37 PM

No, been loaded down with work to get finished. Hopefully will get back to playing around with it this Sunday.

Brucifer
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, it has 2 cards in 1 inclosure, and it mounts in 1 pcie slot.

I switched over so that I am only running rc5 (sharing with ps3grid) on 1 of the cards to see how that does. The other card is running just ps3grid.

Just makes you want to run out and buy a Tessla Card doesn't it??? Then you'd be the really Big Dog!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Brucifer
12-06-2008, 12:21 AM

Nope.... not a happy camper. Tried loading Kunbutu 64 8.04, and it loads okay, recognizes that there is an nvida card that needs the proprietary driver. So then we go to activate the drive and the only thing the unbuntu wants to recognize is a vesa card with shit resolution, like 640x480... This is with a plug & play high res flat screen, etc. So dicked around with it for quite a while. Just doesn't care to play with the card. With the gnome, it recognized the card, said it needed updated drivers, got those loaded them, and then it went back to crap resolution again. This is with the amd9850 on a gigabyte mb, 6 gigs ram in the system blah blah. Don't like gnome, don't like ubuntu. So anyway gotta get on the road again so just loaded up opensuse and am back crunching on ogr.

Seriously thinking about just using the card for a rock and seeing how many pieces it will fly into when it falls back to mother earth.

AMDave
12-06-2008, 01:07 AM
8.04 requires you to manually load the 17x.x driver or the 18x.x driver
or
use the Envy graphics driver tool.

I remember that the developer said he was going to do a backport of 17x.x to Hardy through Envy.
I don't know if he pulled that out of the hat yet.

The 17x.x driver is integrated to Ibex 8.10, but 18x.x is not there yet. Still in testing.

You need one of these 2 hardware drivers to get that card to work properly.

Bender10
12-06-2008, 01:59 AM
I did not mess around with doing automated driver installs (the repositories are not cutting edge for nvidia drivers), as that does not really work to get you the cuda driver.... I did a manual d/l from nvidia, and did the manual install...

Some had luck with envy, some did not. Try manual install.

AMDave
12-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Auto-install on Ibex 8.10 with 177 driver for a 9600GT GPU (with all 4 CPU cores at 100% on BOINC) nets me:

[Dec 06 04:05:34 UTC] RC5-72: using core #0 (CUDA 1-pipe).
[Dec 06 04:05:54 UTC] RC5-72: Benchmark for core #0 (CUDA 1-pipe)
0.00:00:16.97 [170,355,398 keys/sec]
[Dec 06 04:05:54 UTC] RC5-72: using core #1 (CUDA 2-pipe).
[Dec 06 04:06:13 UTC] RC5-72: Benchmark for core #1 (CUDA 2-pipe)
0.00:00:16.93 [150,560,232 keys/sec]

Bender10
12-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Now why would your card show 2 cores..??

Nevermind, so does my 8800GS

Brucifer
12-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Amazing, just phu&*$g amazing.... on a couple of accounts.... first that it's now working, and secondly that they work so damn fast. Just rather fixating sitting here watching the gpu crunch those rc5 units. Thankyou to both AMDave and Bender10 for your help, I really appreciate it! I remember back to those years of watching the K5's crunching away on this and how long it took to accumulate any points. Now one of these gpu cards just hammers through them doing more work in a few hours than the whole farm did in a day.

It's going to be interesting to watch the distributed.net stats collation page on the breakdown of contribution by processor types.

So anyway, it's going on unbuntu 8.10, with the 177 driver on a 9800GT card. The card cost me $149 (before tax) at the local Best Buy. I stuffed it in the Phenom 9850BE system, using GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard with 4gigs ram and an Antec Earthwatts 650w P/S.

It's also crunching ogr-26 on 3 cores, and I'm leaving one core open to take care of housework and feeding the gpu.

edit: looks like it's running through 24 units every 6 minutes plus the 3 ogr cores grinding. :)

Bender10
12-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm glad you got it up and running Brucifer.

I had a little heartburn lastnight, trying to get another *nix box on the air, #@$&^%@#!! pain in the whosit. Not really *nix fault. The new MB would not post...so I tore it apart and re-assembled it without the case, same prob. It turned out to be a bad nic.

Anyway, Glad your GPU is working now.

Brucifer
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
ah yes........ the heartburn..... I know it well. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I guess though that we have to go through it so that we know how to appreciate it when things work like they should.

Now I just need to go get another Antec 650w p/s and find one of those dual cards..... :icon_twisted:

AMDave
12-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Now why would your card show 2 cores..??

Nevermind, so does my 8800GS
"core" in this context refers to the optimised client programs in the dnetc client program, not the physical GPU-core.

You will notice in my bench that the 2nd "core" uses 2 "pipes" (think of them as thread launchers) and is slower on my GPU, because there is only 1 GPU-core.

On startup, the dnetc client checks which of its optimised "cores" will run fastest on the available hardware and then applies that "core" to the GPU.

Just mildly confusing. :icon_wink:

Bender10
12-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh, now I gets it..Thanks.

I do remember seeing the different selections in the -config area.

Brucifer
12-07-2008, 04:53 AM
So what's the plan here regarding rc5 if anything? Just experimenting and the going back to ps3grid or whatever?

AMDave
12-07-2008, 05:58 AM
I recon I'll stick with this and grab some ranks while I can esp. now you are chasing me :icon_twisted:

/ed -
albeit on your other account
merge them and I'll be chasing you
- ed/

Brucifer
12-07-2008, 06:21 AM
I recon I'll stick with this and grab some ranks while I can esp. now you are chasing me :icon_twisted:

/ed -
albeit on your other account
merge them and I'll be chasing you
- ed/

I can't merge them. The brucifer_ one is at the max they allow as I sucked some other accounts into that one as the years have gone by. But it's at a higher project ranking than the other one. :) But it would be fun to get the team up a bit in position ranking.

Edit: AMD_Users was at #612 and moved up to #609 after yesterday's stats run. So I guess the slow climb has started. :) Now if Bender10 will keep adding to it....

Bender10
12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I planned on running this full on (decided last night) at least til next year. then re-evaluate...

Ototero
12-07-2008, 01:42 PM
So I'm going to lose my number one spot eventually unless I get a new graphics card to keep up with you guys.

Let's see what Santa brings........

Brucifer
12-07-2008, 04:42 PM
So I'm going to lose my number one spot eventually unless I get a new graphics card to keep up with you guys.

Let's see what Santa brings........

Alas my friend..... :icon_twisted: You need to tell Santa's helper that she... errr ahhhh that Santa's helper would be wise to bring you at least a couple of them.... :icon_santa:

Other solutions would be that we could start a new dnet team like the AMD_Users GPU Team, or something along those lines. Why? Cause the utter stark reality is that the GPU's walk over the rest of the stuff, even the PS3's. And the improvements in them will just keep coming. And it is rather unsportsmanlike to put the regular cpu crunchers competing against the GPU's... And that way too, Mr. Team Stats could keep his #1 :icon_mrgreen: and my conscience would feel better... :icon_mrgreen:

edit: Well, retract the comment about the PS3's as Ironbits says he's pulling close to 9,000 out of each PS3. So it takes a 9800GX2 or better to whop a PS3.

Brucifer
12-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I planned on running this full on (decided last night) at least til next year. then re-evaluate...

You wouldn't wimp out on us and call 2009 "next year would you, cause it's just around the corner...

2010 would be more "sporting" LOL

On the serious side though, this little old gpu card has really gotten my brain turning and churning. Gives a good way to keep active at crunching at something without having to feed a whole herd of systems. I was looking at the Christmas sales going on, and I can pick up another 9800GT/OC for the 149 (reg 189) and an Antec Earthwatt 650 for $89. So for a bit over a couple hundred (less than a cheapie m/b and q6600 chip) I can turn a plain jane 60w C2D system I have just sitting here into another rocket ship.... :icon_rolleyes: and then shut down the other X2's and save electricity and just keep the quads running on ogr.

But I've really been thinking about just putting a rush on rc5, which would be a fun thing if there were some others that were into the game too.

Brucifer
12-08-2008, 12:37 AM
So we moved up to over-all #601 in rc5-72 today. Nice output there Bender10! The big ten thou! We got into position #17 for the top daily producers which is really looking good! :icon_mrgreen:

AMDave
12-08-2008, 11:30 PM
#586 ... excellent!

Brucifer
12-09-2008, 12:36 AM
yep.... looks like that power hungry Mr. Bender10 passed me by. :rolleyes:
He must have another one on line now besides his GX2, definitely had a good output today. We were only a little over a couple hundred points behind ARS on the daily's today. :icon_mrgreen: They were #11 and we were #12.

Brucifer
12-09-2008, 07:01 AM
I happened to notice by chance that the gpu in the 60w x2 system was running much cooler than the one in the X4 Phenom, which was cooking. A lot of heat put out by the Phenom while it is crunching away. So I ended up knocking off the crunching on the quad, and the temperature of the gpu also went down. So tomorrow I head out and get another 650 watt p/s, and I will be moving the gpu over to an x2 60w system so that I can put the phenom cores back crunching. Maybe being a bit paranoid, but the heat isn't going to do the cards any good as they generate enough on their own.

Bender10
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
You do realize I made this comment...

Because this (cuda 508) client is still BETA, and will cease to work in another 14 or 15 days..?? You should be getting a pop-up message every now and again (in the client) telling you that...:sad5:

So, hopefully dnet will fix the bugs, and have this client ready for public issue by Xmas..:icon_santa:

Brucifer
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
yep... been seeing that. If nothing else all they have to do is recompile with a new date in it, or just get rid of the date thing. Haven't heard anything bad about the client, and it's been working fine for me and I assume for others too. So maybe they will just release it like they did with the 64-bit linux 507 client.

What bugs are there????

Nflight
12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Up To #568 Great Job Everyone, you are getting noticed, Both Bender10 and Brucifier are mentioned in the Top ten on Free-DC Stats link here: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=rc572

:wav: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: Go Team GO ! !

Brucifer
12-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Well I gotta say that the GXT 260 definitely puts out some heat, enough to make me wonder how long before it will eat itself up. I think I would have done better to just get two 9800GT's instead. Course then you are running two boxes instead on one. The 9800GT runs pretty cool in comparison. Live and learn I always say.

Anyone running any of the Quadro stuff???

So you going to go back to the grid stuff after the holiday run, or before Bender?

Bender10
12-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I'd like to increase my output on the grid project a little and keep on this for a while (only in the planning stages now). I am working on how to configure my boxes for optimum output, and least expense...we'll see.

my gx2 is running at ~58 C...

Brucifer
12-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I'd like to increase my output on the grid project a little and keep on this for a while (only in the planning stages now). I am working on how to configure my boxes for optimum output, and least expense...we'll see.

my gx2 is running at ~58 C...

what does (only in the planning states now) mean??? Your planning stages or one of the projects? As for the client, I have no doubts that distributed.net will get the client re-done
as since November 26th just a hair under a million units have been completed by the people using the gpu's. And it will go over a million in today's stats when that's cranked out this afternoon. So that's in less than a month. So production wise, it's going to be an excellent client for them.

Bender10
12-11-2008, 07:10 PM
My planning...components, OS, cases...what I have, and what I want to configure my boxes to do......

Nflight
12-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Nice job everyone, those numbers each of you are putting out is exciting to watch. Ok, so I am addicted to stats, I think I have said that :-( before! :blob3:

Brucifer
12-13-2008, 12:29 AM
:sad5: It is really getting close to over-running Ototero. I just don't have the heart to do it as he's been working a long time to hold on to his yellow foo-foo there, and all the effort with moneybee. So I think I'm just going to pull back until he has a chance to get a gpu. Tis the season to be jolly.... :icon_santa:

edit: I think I'll just run up my other account on the team, the one that has the current email addy. :) That way when I win the big bux they can shoot me an email and let me know... :) And meanwhile the points still help the team get a higher overall.

AMDave
12-13-2008, 02:17 AM
thanks for giving me the head start then :icon_wink:
let's see how fast you catch me:icon_razz:

Brucifer
12-13-2008, 04:26 AM
oh the points will fly by! :icon_mrgreen: I probably really should have just started with that account anyway. But I'd better do my thing before another 10 days go by in case they don't have the client re-issued by then.

Ototero
12-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Hey Bruce, just wave as you go by. It's all for a good cause.

I never worry about taking someone else's top spot.

Brucifer
12-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Hey Bruce, just wave as you go by. It's all for a good cause.

I never worry about taking someone else's top spot.

Well..... if you insist.....:icon_twisted:

AMDave
12-17-2008, 01:36 AM
still no update today.
Looks like statsbox-iv aka "blower" needs a kick.
Needs a Brisbane Bronco - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aom5jvCLQE4

Brucifer
12-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Yeah... :( Would be nice and considerate if they would post something somewhere and let people know what's going on. But there's other stuff to crunch in life too. Three days without any acknowledgement of any issue/problem is a little much really, not like it's a weekend or anything.

Nflight
12-19-2008, 03:03 AM
Sounds like the Dutch Power Cows broke the server and stats are in limbo for quite some time it seems, keep crunching gentleman I would love to see the leap we make when the stats finally come back! :blob3:

AMDave
12-19-2008, 06:21 AM
The server is updating now.

now finished - Rank 462 and climbing

A word of thanks to Ototero who has held 1st place for so very long and continued to push on this project without missing a day

Congrats to the new Rank 1 holder Bender10

Brucifer
12-19-2008, 08:14 AM
X2 :)

Brucifer
12-19-2008, 08:29 AM
So how many of them there little graphics cards you running now Bender10? :)

Nflight
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM
So how many of them there little graphics cards you running now Bender10? :)

Brucifier I think you need to make another road trip (GPU purchases increased 2x fold) to Best Buy to catch Bender10~!

Way to go Team Effort :wav: :icon_santa: :blob3: :blob3:

Brucifer
12-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I've made a few trips already. :) Maybe more later on, who knows. Right now I'm waiting for distributed.net to release an updated beta cuda client before I get much more carried away. I've got three cards right now, one is a double. Will probably go after another double. Just watching the Christmas sales, and the after Christmas stuff too. Also really watching the ATI thing that Vaughan is experimenting around with.

I've been taking it easy while the stats were not working and playing around with heat/cooling issues. Besides we have to allow Sir Bender10 enough of an advantage to get lots of points so he will keep crunching rc5. Once he really gets out in front, he won't want to lose that............... :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

Nflight
12-19-2008, 11:37 PM
# 448 Go Team Go :wav:

liuqyn
12-20-2008, 12:33 AM
bought me a 9800GTX+ and then realized it only works in linux. grrrrr.

Bender10
12-20-2008, 01:08 AM
You will still need to load a 177.xx series nvidia driver before loading any client software......

Brucifer
12-20-2008, 04:25 AM
bought me a 9800GTX+ and then realized it only works in linux. grrrrr.

There should be a win32 client out before too much longer.

AMDave
12-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Hopefully it will become available with the expiry of this Beta client in about 3.21 days.
I am peddling as fast as I can.
The more I use the web the slower it goes .. so ..

Brucifer
12-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Gotta head out the door. However I downloaded the new linux cuda beta and fired it off. Immediately got the message that it couldn't find the libcudart.so.blah whatever the real name is. So what's the real way to get the libraries installed???? Anyone figured that out yet?

The first beta would look in the local directory for needed files. The second beta doesn't. In looking at a couple other places they say that 8.10 isn't supported by the latest cuda sdk... ??? To get the sdk to work others have had to change c++ compiler versions, then compile? Major pain, when they could just make a little rpm file that would plop the libraries in for people that aren't doing any development. But then I haven't played around with ubuntu at all. So if someone has all this figured out a nice line by line expose on how to do it would be nice. Less than 12 hours and the current client expires.

AMDave
12-23-2008, 06:00 AM
I have the same.
Looking into it.

AMDave
12-23-2008, 06:20 AM
got it.
It is no longer just looking for it on the path, it is looking for it in the location that CUDA 2.x puts it in, which is different to where CUDA 1.x put it oddly enough.

The fix is simple.

use root / sudo to copy the libcudart.so.2 file into the folder /usr/lib64/

... and ALAKAZAM! you are kicking some ass again.

let me know if you have any problems...with the client :icon_wink:

/ed - note that if you are using the same folder you should run your cache down before starting the new client version -ed/

Brucifer
12-23-2008, 07:20 AM
Thank you. Off and running again. Core 9 for the 260, and core 1 for the 9800GT's.

vaughan
12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
So I take it we're using v2.9102.508b now? :icon_neutral:

Brucifer
12-23-2008, 02:25 PM
So I take it we're using v2.9102.508b now? :icon_neutral:

Yes. AMDave addressed the issue of the library files. You copy them with the command line of:

sudo cp libcudart.so.2 /usr/lib64/

and it will ask you for your password and then copy the library file to the other directory. You can just untar the new beta file into another directory and copy the dnetc and dnetc.1 files right over the old beta ones in the same directory you are running those in. As for the buff-in file, it will be okay, it will just start the unit it was crunching before over again but since it only takes a few seconds to crunch it it doesn't really matter. :)

Brucifer
12-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Well the team went over 1 meelion rc5 units today. :icon_mrgreen:

Lookin good!!!

vaughan
12-24-2008, 04:12 AM
Interesting. After I installed the latest client my speed went from 215 Mkey/sec to 279. Maybe they tweaked the client a little?

Brucifer
12-24-2008, 02:56 PM
yes they did. If you go read the bugs thread on distributed.net where they were working on the client, several people put a lot of work into core design on the client. Paid of pretty good too!! :icon_mrgreen:

Ototero
12-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Can I archive the OGR project?

Bender10
12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
If you mean OGR 25...it ended in October...I vote Yes..!

Brucifer
12-26-2008, 05:03 AM
So with the release of the beta/pre-release windows cuda client for rc5, do we have any windows people that are going to join in the fun?? Or does this event mean that more windows people will now be out buying a cuda gpu and using it to start in with more of the boinc cuda projects????

While I haven't played with it myself, from the looks of the test runs some of the folks have made out there, they are getting some equivalent rates out of the win32 client as the linux64. Is this in fact true? Has anyone around here tried it out for comparison?

@Ototero -- did Santa bring you anything?????

liuqyn
12-26-2008, 01:32 PM
just fired it up, getting about 220 Mkeys/sec with one seti cuda running at the same time.

after rebooting, now running 340 Mkeys/sec, will have to let it run a few days to see where it settles down at.

Ototero
12-26-2008, 07:04 PM
@ Brucifer,

No, Santa wasn't listening when I asked for a quad cpu motherboard, each with a quad core 9950 and a liquid cooling system. 3.5 gig * 4 * 4 = 56 gig. Sigh....I'll ask again next year.

Brucifer
12-27-2008, 02:07 AM
@ Brucifer,

No, Santa wasn't listening when I asked for a quad cpu motherboard, each with a quad core 9950 and a liquid cooling system. 3.5 gig * 4 * 4 = 56 gig. Sigh....I'll ask again next year.

That would have been something to behold. What would you have used it on??? :)

Ototero
12-27-2008, 03:24 PM
15 dnets and 1 moneybee of course.

Brucifer
12-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Heh..... you still crunching the MB? I gave that up when they took it out of the vault. Still haven't gotten over being ticked about that one after all that work. :-(

Finally decided that my new distributed account name will be 91_yota on our stats rather than trying to keep some variant of brucifer on it. The Brucifer account is the old email addy that I can't move/merge into anything else, so I intend to just let it fade into the sunset rather than keep building on something that isn't attached to a current email addy.

Nflight
12-28-2008, 01:49 AM
Great Work everyone, There are some real fine credits being crunched on this project.:) For the longest time I watched as this particular project weighted our overall Team Score down by being ranked 670th or more. :( Well NO more with the help of Brucifier (aka 91_yota), Bender10 (Thanks for finding out about the GPU Cuda), AMDave, Ototero (his relentlessness prevails), Vaughan, and our newest super achiever Liuqyn. :icon_mrgreen:

Well Done everyone: :wav: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

liuqyn
12-28-2008, 02:32 AM
I wonder how long til they get OGR running on GPUs?

AMDave
01-06-2009, 06:51 AM
I wonder how long til they get OGR running on GPUs?
No idea. But they are working on it.

Team rank 310 today in RC5.

You almost got me yesterday.
AMDave = 78915
liuqyn = 78146
I am presently gargling furiously and spitting out your dust. :icon_lol:

Bender10 has inadvertently found a way to drive me barmy
Ok.
Ok.
More barmy than I already am. :icon_razz:

444 thousand? what kind of a milestone is that!?
A couple of days and you'd have a sweet 1/2 million.
Maybe you can put me out of my misery, or is this your secret ploy to slowly twist my mind??? :icon_lol:

liuqyn
01-06-2009, 10:25 AM
just wanted to give you one more day to think about it..:icon_twisted:

Bender10
01-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe I should have stopped at '666'...??:shocked:

liuqyn
01-06-2009, 09:18 PM
:iamwithstupid::rofl:

Nflight
01-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Nice job everyone, today's stats say we hit #300 in rank! :wav: :blob3:

liuqyn
01-07-2009, 02:53 PM
thanks, I try to do what I can, usually more then I should, but never enough.

Brucifer
01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
thanks, I try to do what I can, usually more then I should, but never enough.

LOL Interesting comment, "more than I should, but never enough" :)

I guess that begs the question of what and where "should" the output be? :)

liuqyn
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
that would be where my budget comes into account. I really didn't have the money to buy 2x 9800 GTX+ GPU's.

Nflight
01-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Just a heads up to some recent news: :icon_rolleyes:

07 January 2009 OGR-NG: status
OGR-26 made significant progress in the last month. Over 50% is completed. We will probably finish this project in March (http://stats.distributed.net/project/ogr_status.php?project_id=26).

This is from this web link: http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/all_news.php#93

Brucifer
01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
that would be where my budget comes into account. I really didn't have the money to buy 2x 9800 GTX+ GPU's.

yes, we are all in that category probably. The only saving grace is that it's cheaper to buy a gpu than the whole computer. At least until you start getting into those high powered buggers like the $1,500 quadro thingies. :icon_mrgreen:

Brucifer
01-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Just a heads up to some recent news: :icon_rolleyes:

07 January 2009 OGR-NG: status
OGR-26 made significant progress in the last month. Over 50% is completed. We will probably finish this project in March (http://stats.distributed.net/project/ogr_status.php?project_id=26).

This is from this web link: http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/all_news.php#93

Distributed.net 30-day average guestimate is now 25-Feb-09. And it's hard to tell how much sandbagging is going on that may or may nor show up in another major dumpage exercise.

vaughan
01-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Using dnetc v2.9102-508-CTL-08122211-*dev* for Linux (Linux 2.6.27-11-generic).

What does this mean?

*** This BETA release expires in 10.08:30:41.00 ***

Do they mean 10 Days 8 hours 30 minutes and 41 seconds? If so why don't they just say so!

Where do we get a Released version for Linux that doesn't need this continual mollycoddling? :icon_twisted:

Bender10
01-09-2009, 02:25 AM
You are correct. It does expire.

They should have another version out before this one expires.

Brucifer
01-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Where do we get a Released version for Linux that doesn't need this continual mollycoddling? :icon_twisted:

There isn't one yet... that's what they are working on. :icon_mrgreen:

vaughan
01-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Maybe they need an auto-update version for us 'nix newbs. :icon_wink:

I have to holler for my Linux guru and drag him off some chat room :icon_rolleyes:

Brucifer
01-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Well at least they are working on it. I guess they are trying to keep the code so that it will compile on either windows or linux rather than having separate code.

Nflight
01-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Bravo Well done to everyone crunching on this project, everyday is a thrill to see our increase in rank, I am totally in awe.

Brucifier you have now combined your efforts and focusing on one tremendous push skyward. Great effort there Vaughan and Liuqyn, Ototero and AMDave like normal same old same old better always appreciated. The Real troopers are the ones who never gave up the ship and stuck it out all along. :icon_thumright: :eusa_wall:

Bender10
01-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey AMDave..!!

I cranked up the old 'Monster' GX2 and crunched out a bunch of units last night...hehe

Your favorite number...

vaughan
01-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm getting Net::write error: 111 : connection refused
and the crunched tasks are building up.

What's up with this thing?

Brucifer
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm getting Net::write error: 111 : connection refused
and the crunched tasks are building up.

What's up with this thing?

Either your perproxy (if you are using one) or else the server on the internet you are talking to is not accepting work. A couple options here. I doubt you are running your own perproxy. Bok has one going that FDC uses. You can go to the FDC site in the distributed.net section and read on how to use his perproxy, and up/download through it.

Or, you can set up your own if you have a system available that can handle it. I don't know if you are running an internal network at home or not. I have multiple cuda clients going, so I have my own proxy going cause otherwise the clients spend too much time dinking around with the internet servers. Then the perproxy takes care of the slower internet connections, and I keep a couple days worth of work stored up on the perproxy in case my internet connection craps out, which it seems to do here every now and then. For running one system, I'd just use Bok's perproxy, and also do not disable fallback, so that if his would quit working your client would then go looking on the internet for another server to up/dn from.

AMDave
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey AMDave..!!

I cranked up the old 'Monster' GX2 and crunched out a bunch of units last night...hehe

Your favorite number...

You are so wicked. :icon_lol:

Brucifer
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
/rant on
Once again I see the client is getting down to the expiration wire. I was reading on both the applicable issue threads on the rc5 cuda client on the distributed.net site. Seems as the main push on one of them now is windows, and then on the other thread they are working on making larger unit sizes the norm for the cuda client. They really glossed over the credit aspect, but it appears from the way I interpret it that the larger units will still count only as one unit in the stats. And if that is so it really leaves me extremely underwhelmed. The disparity in awarding of points is what the major turn-off for me was/is with boinc projects. While the "science" is all great, if there weren't points, then there wouldn't be teams, and it wouldn't be the game, and a bunch of people wouldn't be crunching. I didn't relish linux getting fewer points than windows in boinc. I fully understand the issue concerning time wasted in "setting up" the crunching for each unit in rc5, and that by going to longer units there is a very noticeable performance increase due to the time savings. The other items here on rc5 are that the "answer" is already known. And they are using the plain old brute force method. So for me and some others I know crunching rc5, the only real issue is the points thing. While the $1,000 is the prize, that sure doesn't compensate for expense involved. And with the brute force effort, it's really not like there is a "science" aspect involved. So anyway that's what I'm watching, and that's what's got me looking at other cuda capable projects too, where there's some actual science being advanced.
/rant off

:icon_mrgreen:

liuqyn
01-16-2009, 06:08 PM
nice rant :icon_mrgreen: I have been thinking the same thing this last week about this project, might just switch my GPUs to a boinc project as well.

Brucifer
01-16-2009, 07:16 PM
nice rant :icon_mrgreen:

LOL Thankyou! :icon_mrgreen:

Ototero
01-16-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm running RC5 on my sons fan less 9400GT on an AMD 5000+. It chugs out a WU every 108 seconds. Much faster than the cpu can. The card only cost £42 new!

Hope it doesn't overheat the card.

Brucifer
01-18-2009, 04:29 PM
As the linux cuda client expires in 18 hours I think I'll spend the rest of the day and the evening looking at getting set up on another project. I don't like going out and spending the bucks on the hardware and then getting left hanging like a mushroom in the dark. Of course maybe I'm doing this wrong, and should turn into a gamer instead...
:icon_mrgreen:

vaughan
01-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Well the Linux CUDA client has now time expired and I couldn't find an "in date" one. Can anybody post a link to it?

jamers
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
The Windows CUDA has expired too, though I did manage to get 700+ blocks/keys (?) done on a 9500 GT last night/this morning before it expired.

AMDave
01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
don't forget to run the client one more time with the -flush flag to make sure the completed units in the 'out' buffer get sent home.

When the client expires, it does not do this automatically.

Well the Linux CUDA client has now time expired and I couldn't find an "in date" one. Can anybody post a link to it?

It's not out yet. Check again in a few hours

vaughan
01-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Is there any update on the CUDA client yet. I tried browsing the Distributed net site but couldn't find one.

AMDave
01-21-2009, 10:23 AM
You are right. It is not there yet.

The due date for the next CUDA est version has been asked and I am monitoring (almost hourly in waking hours) but no reply at this time.

But I can tell you something else of great interest from my searching:
An AMD/ATI core is in build.
(model restricted, but it cranks too)

/edit - just found a reply - updated version code coming - pending a CVS system outage - should be resolved shortly - then someone will compile it and make it available - keep checking - I'll likely be punching out some sleep@home wu's or maybe I'll be asleep - edit/

Nflight
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Jamers found a project that can use the Ghz of your GPU's while Rc5 is out of commission!

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=ogr26 :blob3:

Edit place foot in Mouth, there is no GPU for this project and won't be it is almost completed...

AMDave
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I could be wrong, but ... :D
I think jamers is doing that with CPU not GPU
I am not aware of OGR-26 running on the GPU yet.
If you find it is, please correct me. I'd be very pleased to see it.
I tried my beta clients but they refused to go there.

jamers
01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Correct, OGR-26 is cpu only .... crosses fingers for GPU if/when OGR-27 starts.

[NGS]Cpt00Kirk
01-23-2009, 07:12 AM
you still can run the beta client @ rc-5 .... just turn your system clock to 17 January or earlier. then the beta will run like normal!!

however dont forget that your mails have a old date when you send them.

Bender10
01-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Cpt00Kirk;63137']just turn your system clock to 17 January or earlier. then the beta will run like normal!!

Doh...I should have thought of that....Thanks for the good news..!

[NGS]Cpt00Kirk
01-23-2009, 11:49 AM
i hate to throw away a good client because of a stupid time stamp. ill keep running this client until there is a new one

Brucifer
01-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Cpt00Kirk;63145']i hate to throw away a good client because of a stupid time stamp. ill keep running this client until there is a new one

Well, rather a catch-22 situation. The sad part here is that distributed.net knew/knows that both the windows and linux beta cuda clients are out of date. And the longer they don't have a current client on the scene then the more likelihood that gpu users will set up their clients on another project. And once people get running on a client/project, there is decreased likelihood that they will move that system back to the previous one, specially if the client is running smoothly and the project is a worthwhile one. It's not like the rc5 solution is technically an unknown anymore. About the only thing really going for it is the pure challenge of being able to crack the code for real.

The previous beta was good enough for completing work units that the results were being sent into the "real" results database. So it isn't like the beta client was a worthless thing. The issue now on the client is being able to extract a more efficient amount of work per gpu unit of time. So it's not like the expired client is not capable of producing worthwhile completed work units.

So on the one hand you have a situation where a possibility of systems capable of completing work units could be utilized while an improved client is being worked on are not being utilized by the project and they stand to lose contributors over the long haul possibly. On the other hand, you have a client that can still work although not within a stated calendar time frame, and thus not really "whole."

From a data result corruption standpoint, if the results during the bona-fide test period were good enough to be accepted into the permanent results then I'd imagine the same would hold true with the results outputted now. And the project would always have the option I guess of backing the results out of the system. With a project running at the current rate of taking six hundred or so years at the present rate to complete, one would think that it would be in distributed.net's interest in hanging on to people wanting to crunch their project to either put out a new time-stamped client to run until they get their "efficiency" efforts finalized for gpu's, or to just tell people to run the old client if there is actually a bona-fide reason they can't compile a new one to put it out. Otherwise they stand losing contributors. GPU's are not cheap and other projects are working hard at getting their clients working and attracting gpu owning contributors to their projects. It's rather sad that the project is just leaving the gpu crowd hanging and swinging in the breeze.

jamers
01-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I finally got around to rebuilding the first of the SLI machines with 2 9500GT's. At the moment it is producing at a rate of 147M/sec. Not as good as I had hoped for but better than no-gpu crunching. I was getting 76.5M/sec in single gpu mode, so some overhead cuts into the rate. All in all at $69 each for the cards not too bad, plus it revives an old X2_4200 that was gathering dust.

Brucifer
01-25-2009, 04:27 PM
hey... don't knock the output. :) I remember the years of having a herd of systems running to get that output, sucking up lots of electricity. It's still just amazing to me that those things put out the work that they do

AMDave
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
cross linked to post#63 in this thread on the aqua forum due to what I believe is a related issue
http://aqua.dwavesys.com/forum_thread.php?id=149#1706

Brucifer
06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
I've just been doing some crunching on ogr, gave up on rc5. It's unfortunately turned into a windows fest. Here they had the thing working just fine for crunching rc5 units in linux systems. Like the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well the struggle to have just one client codebase and resultant games being played on developing a string of new and improved clients has resulted in several folks just moving on to other cuda friendly projects. The sad thing here is the push for perfection on a project where the answer is already known. Ticked me off to the point that I just gave away a couple of gpu's. Have a couple more just sitting around collecting dust At least the OGR effort is new ground and the people contributing machine time aren't constantly being jerked around with the beta game.

Brucifer
06-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Got bored tonight so I stuffed a cuda card in an XP system. Sure is a lot easier to get it going under windows than linux. Of course it's still the beta game, beta-6, which expires in 3 days. So was something to play around with tonight.

AMDave
06-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I still had my linux install setup last week so I gave it a bump too and got myself over 250K. Seemed like a nice milestone amount.

Speaking of milestones: thank goodness Bender10 snuck past the 1/2 million a while ago. That was doing my head in. LOL :icon_lol:

Brucifer
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM
well only 2 days and the beta expires.... So broke out one of my xp-64 cd's and re-installed it on an Intel quad, then stuffed in a GTX260 and got that going on the cuda21 beta. Really bored this weekend. Longest part of it all was wading through the windows updates. :icon_rolleyes:

NeoGen
06-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Longest part of it all was wading through the windows updates. :icon_rolleyes:
I hate that as well. Every now and then I get online a windows ISO with the updates already slipstreamed. But it's something I have to repeat every few months because windows has more holes than a swiss cheese. :icon_lol:

Brucifer
04-20-2010, 11:50 PM
So for haha's I finally got a cuda card going again on a Ubuntu 9.10 system. Distributed.net now includes the libraries with the client so you don't have to go through the recompiling game to install the full cuda toolkit. So the card is a GTS-250 that I had sitting on a desktop collecting dust. So after I got it going, I left it running for a day. I have to say that I have really become spoiled by the stream cards and the latest client and 10.3 drivers on my 5770's. They just fly through the work units and one of those cards will crunch 17,000 work units a day with no overclock on a stock XFX 5770 card. Well that sort of put me into shock with the GTS-250 as it just lopes along crunching a few in comparission, eating up a lot of electricity and putting out heat. So after the drill of getting the cuda card running, the Ubuntu system is now turned off. I also have a GTX-275 collecting dust for the same reason. Tis a shame though as I paid good money for those cards. But once again, I can say that I am an "ATI House" at least in gpu's! Lol. I have Intel quads sitting idling away feeding the gpu's, but I've stopped running anything on them due to the head and current draw. Rather hard to justify running more stuff when the only projects I'm interested in are a couple that support gpu's.

As for the latest and greatest Nvidia card just released.... I guess I'll wait a while and see what the benchmarks are on it. I'm more inclined now to just invest in a top end Stream card as they are easier on the electricity. But I'll wait and see how the gpu war pans out here for nvidia's latest releases.

liuqyn
04-21-2010, 12:33 AM
I've read on some forums around the boinc world that nvidia all but crippled their new consumer cards for GPGPU purposes so that they could justify the high prices on there professional cards that use the same chip.
If true, then more power to ATI.

Brucifer
04-21-2010, 03:17 AM
yup, I read that stuff too. I think that nvidia sorta lost the war really. The only thing they have been keeping up with is their prices, and for the stuff I crunch on, their cards don't hold a candle to ATI.

Brucifer
06-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Well finally the user database can be edited again. So I got my account straightened around and since it's close to 3 million points on the team, I'm gonna make a hard push on that for the next couple of days so I can reach the 3 mil. That seems like a nice round number to leave things at.

NeoGen
06-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Yea... that is a nice round number and will hold your lead for a good while. :)

But check in every now and then, the guy after you seems to put out some wacky large numbers every now and then. I checked his submission history.

liuqyn
06-05-2010, 10:50 AM
who? me......

liuqyn
06-05-2010, 11:13 AM
ohh wait, I haven't looked in awhile, there are others to be aware of now.

Brucifer
06-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Yea... that is a nice round number and will hold your lead for a good while. :)

But check in every now and then, the guy after you seems to put out some wacky large numbers every now and then. I checked his submission history.

Lol, that is also my account. I'm assuming you are talking about LimeCrunch. That account was one of my early ones that got loaded up and couldn't accept an email change, nor be combined with the Brucifer account. AMDave tried to get those two combined some time ago but didn't meet with any more success than I did. So I was adding points to that one while the user info database was in "read-only" mode for quite a while there cause the Brucifer account wasn't assigned to any team when distributed.net started the read-only stuff. So the only way I could credit points to amd_users was to add them to my old account. So anyway I'm not too worried about that account catching up to me. lol

NeoGen
06-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Yea, I didn't know LimeCrunch was your account. So anyone who wants to get to you, still has to get past your "other you" first. :icon_lol:

Brucifer
06-06-2010, 12:11 AM
lol -- yup, I guess since you put it that way. What I was debating doing was just working on LimeCrunch after I get the Brucifer to 3 mil. The LimeCrunch is for my totaled Jeep Cherokee that was rolled and smashed up, but it saved my life, so I'm a little sentimental to the rig. It was a good jeep. :-)

Edit: Actually what I've decided to do is to put the LimeCrunch account back to the participant# name, and I've started a new LimeCrunch running up from zero and will crunch on that one instead. That way the points will be all real LimeCrunch points rather than just a renamed account. :-)

Brucifer
09-06-2010, 04:34 PM
In the continuing saga.... LimeCrunch was my 98 Jeep Cherokee that was totaled in a rollover. So I have since purchased a 73 Jeepster Commando that I've been working on. The 4.0L EFI engine from LimeCrunch is now in my 73 Jeepster. Thus the name change in the stats from LimeCrunch to jeepster.73. So LimeCrunch lives on in a jeepster now. :-)

NeoGen
09-08-2010, 04:46 AM
May Jeepster serve you well and for a long time as (I think) LimeCrunch did. :)

Brucifer
09-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, LimeCrunch was a good jeep, I really miss it. But thats the way stuff goes in this world. At least part of it is still continuing on and climbing the old roads and trails in the mountains. :-)

Ototero
09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Lol, I'm trying hard to keep up with Bruce's name changes.
Are you happy with the names as they look now?

Brucifer
09-11-2010, 07:42 AM
yup. :-) Picky picky picky..... once upon a time it was like people were happy with just getting the points!! :-)

Nflight
09-26-2010, 10:51 AM
In my lifetime I have owned 5 different Jeeps, four CJ-5's and one CJ-2A, I never rolled a Jeep but I got close one time with climbing a hill in my 1973 all metal roofed CJ-5, I can go anywhere feeling when you drive that little monster. I dented the roof line on the left side of the top of the metal canopy on ascending a hill one crazy night, while descending I missed that gawd awful tree and landed in the pond instead, no worries I was water proof and drove through the pond to the other side safely. My Passengers all left my company as soon as I was on dry land and the vehicle stopped, What did I do? I asked...

NeoGen
09-27-2010, 12:26 AM
My Passengers all left my company as soon as I was on dry land and the vehicle stopped, What did I do? I asked...
Oh nothing... I'm sure they were just late for some other appointment and had to leave in a hurry... :icon_lol: :icon_razz:

How many years did each jeep served you in average? I hope you got your money worth out of them. :icon_wink:

Nflight
09-27-2010, 12:45 AM
I think the metal topped was my 1970 (It lasted about 2 years in my lifetime), I had a 1967 with that Buick V-6 and it never got wet, what a sweet machine (Lifetime about 18 months - I bought a chevy blazer to replace her). I had a 1973 but it was terminal and I parted it out after forgetting to look under the bonnet before I threw down the cash. The CJ-2A I bought in May of 1990 for $2,500.oo and in October on a hunch from some other automobile friends who suggested I take it to one of the largest Antique car show/sell events in Hershey PA, I went and sold the beast on the spot for $5,000.oo and walked home. ( Top speed in the 2A was only 53 mph or so) - Brucifier will tell you the gear ratio is so awesome for rock climbing but not much more! I had a 1969 that I bought and sold to a friend who then could not keep her because he needed money as his girlfriend was pregnant and Jeeps were frowned at by her family, so I bought it back fixed it up for me ( Too many girlie things irked me) And I owned the goddess till I went with a sports car. This was the last one I owned and still know where she is parked after the guy I sold it too blew the engine the week after it became his. :(

Brucifer
09-27-2010, 05:09 AM
So you went with a female whose family looked down on jeeps????????? Wow....... just sayin........... :-)

Nflight
09-27-2010, 09:35 AM
I had a 1969 that I bought and sold to a friend who then could not keep her because he needed money as his girlfriend was pregnant and Jeeps were frowned at by her family, so I bought it back fixed it up for me (Too many girlie things irked me) And I owned the goddess till I went with a sports car. This was the last one I owned and still know where she is parked after the guy I sold it too blew the engine the week after it became his. :(

Brucifier I am single but only when I am with a women of such horsepower/strength only then do I tell people I am dating! A man and his Jeep is a Bond forever!

Brucifer
05-09-2011, 06:51 AM
How nice to see some crunchers on rc5-72 for yesterday's stats on the team! So I moved some gpu's back over to rc5-72 also which should show up in tomorrows stats. Almost like old times! lol

AMDave
05-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Good to hear.
We are right behind the KWSN, but they got the edge on us today.
http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=8&team=28697
Maybe we'll have the edge on them after the Pentathlon is finished?

vaughan
05-09-2011, 08:24 AM
My guess is that this is a direct function of those of us running the BOINC Moo! Wrapper project.

From the project description:
Moo! Wrapper brings together BOINC volunteer computing network resources and the Distributed.net projects. It allows BOINC Client to participate in the RC5-72 challenge.

Nflight
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I updated the Nvidia driver to my GPU and she is now able to crunch the RC5-72 Moo Wrapper Work units. So do they have individual stats for this project or is it Team Only benefits, just wondering? :blob3: Hi Brucifier, Long time no see ! :hello:

AMDave
05-09-2011, 02:38 PM
@Vaughan. Yes that's it.
The BOINC part is just the wrapper.
Accounts are matched on email address.
The client app is the same client that is available on the Distributed.net Downloads site.

@Nflight, same BOINC stuff as usual, so I anticipate you mean the 'classic' part:
individual stats
http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmember.php?project_id=8&team=28697
and team stats
http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=8&team=28697

The 'classic' project is "Dnet RC5-72" in Ototero's stats http://stats.amdusers.com/amd_users_position.html

Brucifer
05-09-2011, 06:17 PM
well then that's cool cause the points integrate more smoothly into the rc5-72 project than with the dnetc.com wrapper effort. At least this way, everyone crunching shows on the same project team on the distributed.net stats which is a good deal! Much better than dnetc.com

Brucifer
05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I updated the Nvidia driver to my GPU and she is now able to crunch the RC5-72 Moo Wrapper Work units. So do they have individual stats for this project or is it Team Only benefits, just wondering? :blob3: Hi Brucifier, Long time no see ! :hello:

I see ya waving there Nflight, lol

As for stats, looks like this effort will be represented both in distributed.net's stats, and the boinc world's stats too.

Brucifer
05-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Output tomorrow is gonna suck! Massive electrical storm and torrential downpour. Sewer system is flooded, street's flooded around here. Shut the farm down. Haven't seen anything like that since I was in the jungle during the rainy season.. wow.

vaughan
05-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Hey Brucifer are you helping to fill the Mississippi? On the TV here they showed they had to open a spillway north of Baton Rouge to flood lots of farmland so that towns as far north as 250 miles away didn't get inundated. That's a lot of water to move South.

Brucifer
05-15-2011, 05:21 PM
No I'm not down there now. I did live outside of Memphis in Shelby County. I have a son down there now and he has been shooting me pictures and keeping me up to date. That is a really sad situation down there though. A lot of folks along that river are going to lose everything they have. :-(

AMDave
05-16-2011, 12:50 PM
On the back of recent events in Australia, there are many sympathetic eyes watching.
Encourage your folks to keep out of the flood waters. Period.
There's nasty stuff suspended in it that one cannot see.
That is one of the troubles with that large a volume of water.
You know that it has been somewhere other than it was meant to be, so you know where else it *may* have been.

Another safety reminder in-mind is photo-voltaic solar panels keep pumping power even when the grid has gone down.
That can be really dangerous when folks go back in the wet to clean up thinking all the power is off.

Here's hoping the mitigation strategies work well and the damages are limited.
Best wishes to your family.

Nflight
05-16-2011, 07:06 PM
There is definitely a lot of water flowing on the Mississippi right now. I do have pity for all those souls about to lose everything. :sad5:

Brucifer
05-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Yes, it is really sad indeed. Just had a friend find out last night that he is being sent to Baton Rouge, LA. He works for FEMA. Not a job I would care to have as it is really rough dealing with folks that have lost everything and you know that you get to leave at some point and go home. But they don't.

Nflight
05-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Yesterday I received news that my first client on my new business is willing to pay me, finally. I have succeeded in getting into business! Now where to spend that money, I know follow this link to another post I just placed earlier this morning. http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?6436-Pushing-the-limits-with-AMD-GPUs&p=69943#post69943 :blob3:
(http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?6436-Pushing-the-limits-with-AMD-GPUs&p=69943#post69943)

Nflight
05-21-2011, 12:43 AM
My system other wise puked on me today, it was not a good day. Actually it sucked, let it be known if it can go wrong it will! I still have everything I started with, my computer guy solved my dilemma by 3:30 PM today. I am back sort of, breathing through a straw practically. If it would only stop raining here, 8 days of constant rains really gets to people... Even me! :sad5:

Brucifer
05-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Well sorry to hear you are still getting rain rain rain! The rivers here finally crested and hopefully things will be on the mend. However there is still a lot of snow up in the mountains. So we just keep the fingers crossed that we don't receive anymore of storms like we had the other day that resulted in the latest round of flooding. Hopefully your computer troubles will be on the mend so you can get back into production. :-) I just had another old motherboard bit the bullet. Finally found a new one to order that can use the memory I have and the quad chip so I can get that pea-picker running again. I haven't been putting much money into the hobby like I used to in the past as there's a couple other things like kids going to college that are sucking up bux. So I guess we all have our alligators chasing us! lol