PDA

View Full Version : Cosmo server outage

AMDave
03-24-2009, 10:15 AM
As many will readily know the Cosmology@home server dropped out suddenly a week or so ago.

Today they have got a "panic" page up:
http://www.cosmologyathome.org/

The Cosmology@Home server died last week during a power outage. We're currently working to bring it back up. Sorry for the inconvenience!

When the server comes back up, we'll try to award credit to everybody who was unable to upload their WUs during the outage.

mitchellds
03-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Yup, no surprise here. I gave up on them sometime ago after all of the nonstop project shenanigans that seem to happen there. That's the good thing about BOINC, there's plenty to choose from out there when certain projects get annoying.

sentient_life
03-25-2009, 12:31 AM
That's the good thing about BOINC, there's plenty to choose from out there when certain projects get annoying.

I keep seeing so many projects have server crashes, DoS attacks, or run out of work, that it's becoming difficult to make good progress towards 100k in credit. Every time I switch to a project to try to boost it (AQUA, SuperLink, and Magnetism most recently come to mind), something happens, and I have to find an alternate to get workunits.

mitchellds
03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey sentient_life, (http://amdusers.com/forum/member.php?u=903)

I've found that over the long haul, ABC, yoyo, MW, and Einstein@home are several of the best stability wise for Boinc. I just made 10 million in MW, and I'm working on making the 10 million mark shortly in ABC. After I do that, I think I'm going chase the other 2 projects mentioned.

liuqyn
03-25-2009, 06:32 PM
thanks for the heads up on yo-yo, now I better jump back on it fast.

mitchellds
03-25-2009, 07:17 PM
heh heh, your in first already right now :icon_wink:

liuqyn
03-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I fear not for long though if you decide to go after it, I still can't match your output.

mitchellds
03-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I promise I'll give you some warning first and wont blindside you. :icon_twisted:

Maybe we could have a little race on yoyo for fun. If you subtract my gpu related daily points, on gpugrid and MW@home, we're not that far apart actually. Your putting out a fair share of project WU's a day yourself. :icon_wink:

BlackAdder
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Did someone say race ???? :icon_mrgreen:

AMDave
03-29-2009, 01:06 AM
The 'panic' page is 404, so I hypothesize that they are doing the rebuild now