PDA

View Full Version : mouse webpage scroll

Empty_5oul
10-09-2004, 09:22 AM
i have made my mouse so when i scroll up/down it does page forward and backward not up and down the page. does anyone know how i managed to do this and how i can get it back.

im using a wireless A4 tech, optical mouse + keyboard and Win XP Pro is my OS.

Beerknurd
10-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Look at your mouse properties in the control panel. It may be set to like 50 lines or something. Set it to 3.

That's the only thing I can think of.

LP
10-09-2004, 03:38 PM
I have a couple A4Tech mice, and I know they have programable button sequences that do different things.
You probably hit a combination of buttons that caused the scroll to change from up and down to sideways.
Go to http://www.a4tech.com/en/product1.asp?CID=2&SCID=14
and find your model number and look at the manual and see if it shows what you need.

LP
10-09-2004, 03:54 PM
I just did a little experimenting with mine and if you click on the scroll wheel it makes the mouse scroll whatever direct you move the mouse.
up, down or back and forth sideways.
Try clicking on the scrollwheel and see if changes back to regular scrolling.

Beerknurd
10-10-2004, 02:07 PM
empty_5oul,

Did you get it fixed????

Empty_5oul
10-10-2004, 07:53 PM
ish thx beer, it now only does it sometimes. it doesnt do it here anymore and i seem to only have the problem after searching on google. when i surf through to the 2nd 3rd page maybe 0.00001second after scrolling down it will go back to the previous or next page depending which direction i scroll.

i had this prob b4 and fixed it but i dot know how i caused and/or solved it. now i have caused it but have yet to find a solution - i found nothing in the manual about doing it, apparently i clicked 3 buttons and caused it but cant do the same to revert back which i should be able to do :S ??

Beerknurd
10-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Try slamming it on the table... :lol:

Empty_5oul
10-10-2004, 09:54 PM
yep, that or a hammer seem to do the trick -- a new one arriving on my doorstep. maybe i will add a working mouse to my christmas list lol :P

Beerknurd
10-10-2004, 11:09 PM
I want one of those optical mouses... I'm soo 4 years ago with my free Dell mouse.

Empty_5oul
10-11-2004, 07:14 AM
if you get a wireless, optical mouse from A4 Tech, check the scroll throughly b4 you buy. they are good especially as you get 6 batteries, 2 each (mse + kbrd) and 2 go in transmittor unit and are charged at same time, via USB.

Beerknurd
10-12-2004, 01:41 AM
Who the hell wants to buy batteries for a keyboard or a mouse?? I got enough crap to buy batteries for lying around here. Plus with this tiny ass monitor it's not worth the trouble. You have to sit close to it.