Beerknurd
10-09-2004, 11:30 PM
good grief..... :lol:

LP
10-09-2004, 11:38 PM
I think it was a "mis-statement". ;)

vaughan
10-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Equinox's name doesn't appear in Stu's list of AMD Users' team members. They also made an observation that they believed SOB was exploitable. They were not promoting cheating just giving their opinion. Equinox also said they stopped running SOB => what cheating? Prove it. :!:

AMDave
10-10-2004, 12:56 AM
OK. Take it easy.

First here is the original post
http://amdusers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=637&sid=66671d2b238b920c8bbe02d4a3065d8d

I don't think the member of the other Team actually was accusing any of us directly of cheating, but it was definitely a very bad turn of phrase.

I have posted back on their site that our member was quoted out of context.

Hopefully that is the end of the matter.

AMDave
10-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Lets not forget that it is common for other teams to try to unsettle each other.

The only thing wrong with their post was the title. It did not actually state an opinion. The intimation between the title and the content I think was designed to inflame.

You could also take it that they are trying to find something to RAZZ us with because we are becoming stronger and they are feeling more insecure.

They have gone to a lot of trouble to go through the archive & find something from 7th september to post in such a way (in this case the title of their post) that it could be inflamatory.

I think it is a RAZZ because the one who posted it aknowledges the content in the rest of the original post.

I can just see them chuckling because the RAZZ seems to be working.

Let's just drop it and wipe the smile off their face.

Jeff
10-10-2004, 03:19 AM
I just now got home and checked this. I didn't block anyone from accessing the site

Chops
10-10-2004, 03:58 AM
:roll: now i remember why i dont to this sh!t. no one over a TN said anyone here was "cheating" . just wanted to bring up an way to "exploit" the client, thats all. that and the thread was a month dead until today :?

AMDave
10-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Thanks for that Chops.

[EDIT]
please note that unfortunately chops has voluntarily edited his post above to remove the massive fun poking he just gave me
to my knowledge, he wasn't asked to so Thanks anyway chops
[END EDIT]

I "thought" I gave NVM the benefit of the doubt. It was only the title of his post which drew the intimation.

I am still crunching. And so are you. Personally I have no intention to discredit anyone. I cannot fathom why anyone would wish to do so.

I am very proud of my team. All I want to do is crunch with a happy bunch of people with similar interests. Thats why I chose AMD Users as my team. I hope it forgives my possibly inept attempt to defend it.

I would rather let them be the judge of that.

Jeff
10-10-2004, 12:39 PM
I deleted that BS post

Beerknurd
10-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Let's all hug and make up...... http://www.moacsupreme.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/hug.gif