PDA

View Full Version : beta9 rc5-72

Brucifer
09-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Last night I fired off the stream beta9. It's running just fine. Looks like maybe they tried to get both the stream and cuda betas so they expire at the same time now instead of playing the one then the other game. :-) It was nice though that distributed.net put out the new beta a few hours before the old one started to expire.

What is quite evident now though is that the ATI/AMD Stream gpu's are faster and use less power. And with the 58xx series coming out, AMD is now a generation ahead of the cuda stuff. At least for the distributed computing part of the world that I mess around in. It may be totally different with some of the other projects out there in boinc land which I don't participate in.

Now after I get a new engine in one of my jeeps I'm rebuilding for a Christmas present for a family member, maybe I'll be able to scrape together enough bucks to buy one of the new fancy ATI cards. :-) But any of YOU are totally welcome to invenst in two, three, or even four of the dual 58xx gpu's and run that train right over the top of me and get the AMD_Users team up at the top of the rc5-72 daily stats....... :icon_mrgreen:

NeoGen
09-27-2009, 08:26 PM
But any of YOU are totally welcome to invenst in two, three, or even four of the dual 58xx gpu's and run that train right over the top of me and get the AMD_Users team up at the top of the rc5-72 daily stats....... :icon_mrgreen:
I would if I could... :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen: