View Full Version : HELP!!!!!! Boinc Error

Beerknurd
10-15-2004, 04:12 AM
I have tried reinstalling the software but I get these error messages:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Beerknurd/AMD%20Users/BoincError.jpg

Can anyone help...??

Empty_5oul
10-15-2004, 07:13 AM
not sure about your error but i had a similar problem, i solved it by doing an uninstall and remove all compnents. it left a load behind though, i then downloaded BOINC and installed to the root directory again and this time it worked fine and remembered all my old data.

Beerknurd
10-19-2004, 03:12 AM
Too lazy.... I'm not running it anyways... I guess I'll fix it once Boinc is worth a damn....

Empty_5oul
10-19-2004, 12:57 PM
i had the .app // .exe file on my HD so i just double clicked , install, ok and then it was there. my shortcut re-appeared and i had no probs.
it is simple to do if you can be bothered lol, a few weeks ago you were mad on LHC aswell lol

Beerknurd
10-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Boinc is just a hassle.... You let it run when you goto work. You get home and you only prosessed 10 WU"s cause either the server went down or they ran out of work. I only run Boinc projects if i'm home. That way I can keep a close eye on it. No sense in wasting cpu cycles on something that isn't processing. Lifemapper is what I normally run during the day. I have never had a problem running that. Ubero and D2OL are also good programs that need no supervision.

Empty_5oul
10-19-2004, 10:34 PM
yep, BOINC will be the way foreward, so siple idea having one major client that everyhting runs under so all DC stats can be equally compared yet you still are contributing to the projects you want.
i guess there have just been many problems with interfacing between systmes and server errors, also the project servers seem to take a hammering in BOINC whereas other projects dont, e.g. you would expect D2ol to.

Beerknurd
10-19-2004, 11:11 PM
God help us if everything goes to the Boinc format.