PDA

View Full Version : RC5 Pre-release dnetc516-beta22 client

Brucifer
12-28-2009, 10:48 PM
At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Finally there is a pre-release cuda client out there so that this beta stuff with time limited clients will stop. I couldn't have asked for or received a better Christmas present from those folks. Now heh heh, for New Year's any kind of a client for the Stream client would sure be nice.

But I'm just gonna have to be happy with the cuda client most likely. I had gone out and purchased a 4890, however no client for that. I've got half a mind to just take it back and pick up a GTC-275. That's about half the output of the 4890, but at least there is now a pretty much guaranteed full time cuda client out there. Something must have happened with the Stream stuff, cause they were just running right along with it and now it's been over a week with no client. So there may be a bit more a a dry spell in store for us. The other thing with the cuda clients is that they are supported on more projects than the stream clients presently are. That will undoubtedly change as time goes by, but gotta crunch in the here and the now rather than the "what it is" realities.

Oh, and don't forget to run the -bench switch on your cuda clients. Some of the supported chips use different cores on this. My GTX-260 stayed with #6 being the fastest, but the 9800GTX+ went from #6 to #1 being the fastest. I am just so happy to finally see a non-dated client for the cuda cards. :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mr green: